• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 688 Movement Questions

poinds

17/4/17
I'm about to pull the trigger on my first Panerai - the PAM 688 and wanted to know if any owners had movement issues? Also, any issues with setting the GMT hand?

Sent from the RWI mobile app

sogo

15/1/13
fortune + probability , just you ask The iPhone issues ?

Now what piont you most care about

poinds

17/4/17
fortune + probability , just you ask The iPhone issues ?

Now what piont you most care about

I was most concerned about the GMT hand and if setting it is difficult or messes up the movement.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
No, it's nothing like the CHS GMT II. It's a standard 7750 with the GMT module. First click of crown sets GMT fand one direction and date the other. Second click is standard time setting and hacking. Good solid movement.

poinds

17/4/17
No, it's nothing like the CHS GMT II. It's a standard 7750 with the GMT module. First click of crown sets GMT fand one direction and date the other. Second click is standard time setting and hacking. Good solid movement.

Thanks teddy! That instills a lot more confidence in buying the watch. I'll post pics when I receive it.

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
My dealer is telling me theres a new version with the correct 12 hour GMT function of this watch released

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

teioh3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/2/16
My dealer is telling me theres a new version with the correct 12 hour GMT function of this watch released

which dealer? should I hold off on the VSF version then? thanks

thrillofhunt

Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
which dealer? should I hold off on the VSF version then? thanks
Intime. VSF has released the v2 688 already. It has correct GMT functions like the 441.

thrillofhunt

Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
I can't see the sunburst effect on the dial.
I guess sunburst is a difficult thing to replicate. Ive seen a video of the 688, the sunburst is there, but is it as good as gen? I dont know.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I guess sunburst is a difficult thing to replicate. Ive seen a video of the 688, the sunburst is there, but is it as good as gen? I dont know.

The problem is that the one with the "okay" sunburst is not from VSF.

teioh3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/2/16
Intime. VSF has released the v2 688 already. It has correct GMT functions like the 441.

Thanks. But is it still the wrong case?

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

minhv123

Known Member
24/9/16
Was thinking about this one. What's the issue with the case? New to pam scene? Is it a glaring tell?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Was thinking about this one. What's the issue with the case? New to pam scene? Is it a glaring tell?

The lugs, the part where the strap is attached, is shorter than the gen. It's a tell if you know what you're looking for. It may bother some, it depends on how critical you are.

minhv123

Known Member
24/9/16
Thanks
The lugs, the part where the strap is attached, is shorter than the gen. It's a tell if you know what you're looking for. It may bother some, it depends on how critical you are.
so much. Thinking about pulling trigger on v2. I was thinking about using intime, do u suggest another TD? Anyone specialize in pam?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Thanks

so much. Thinking about pulling trigger on v2. I was thinking about using intime, do u suggest another TD? Anyone specialize in pam?

All TDs get their watches from the same factories and none of them mainly focus on PAMs. :)