• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} Brothers in Arms - pics heavy

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Brothers in Arms

Having three 203/A's on hand at the same time is something rather uncommon, maybe just mr. Ferretti and a few others had this chance (well, those were gens of course, but hey let's not be too picky here ;))

One of these is my build from last year, which I posted HERE, the others I made for a couple of friends who wanted so much a 203/A to be ready for the 6 months wait these builds required.

They are all based on the DSN 203/A case set, and feature a full set of mods including case aging, flattened CP, radial brushed CG pin. Besides the dial's diameter needed to be reduced a little in order to fit the groove inside the case.

Finding Pre-v dials has become an issue lately, rolli's batch ended almost immediately after being released and Southy's are out there but can be sourced only in m2m as they're no longer made.
During my conversations with Steph_Dexter about the projects he's helping me with, he mentioned he could produce a few of these dials and I immediately jumped on them :)

On these new dials the LUMINOR MARINA and PANERAI inscriptions on the dial are engraved instead of printed, and that's a flaw.
The way SD filled the engravings though makes this difference almost invisible, even at high magnifications. You can judge this with your own eyes.

Final note about the straps, the reddish is Bakeka "Master Cuir", the tan brown is DiStefano "Perfetto" and the walnut vacchetta is Orloff "Noce". Each one of them makes a perfect combo with the 203/A imho.

Well, enough talking, here they are. I'll let you guess which dial is old and which is new :)

Hope you enjoyed as much as I did, I love Pre-V's :)

Last edited:

bangsters

I'm Pretty Popular
16/1/17
Using tapa... Now some pics showing up.... Nice watches.... Will open in browser to view the rest :)

Sent from my HTC 10

cpd2186

Runway Model
Supporter
5/4/16
BEAUTIFUL WATCHES!!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

chefzorba

20/5/16
Charlestown, SC
+50 likes. Great post and great work! Some very very nice pams to say the least. You forgot the picture of all three on the wrist at once lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike 8

Legendary Member
13/8/11
beautiful trio !
The straps give a different feeling to each watch.

granvino

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/4/11
Your friends will be happy and we here thank you for keeping the highest level of dedication and accuracy with your builds.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Thanks gents, it was so cool to seem them all together that I had to take some pics :)

velox

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/5/15
Thats ambition sir :) Great looking watches . . .

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Just awesome, my friend
Thanks
ALE

fredl187

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
17/5/14
stunning ... as always ... makes me want another Pre V build, too.

@WalkerDH wear it in good health !

larsklausen

Looking Around
21/8/12
Amaizing, wow.
Do you no where i can get in touch with Elias, i would like to purchase a Pre A buckle from him ?