• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

{*PCTeam*} Unknown Factory PAM 615 Submersible Review

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
Well, it's been a long time since I've posted a review. Mainly because the other reviewers are getting their PAMs much faster than I can. :lol: But as providence would have it, I came across a rather uncommon replica. I say uncommon because I've seen this particular rep only 1-2 times in all of the rep fora but unfortunately they were never reviewed. It just so happened I got this from a local seller (hence I was able to get one much quicker than my other team members Hehehe). I thought, well maybe some of you might be interested in reading about it. Let me present to you...

PAM00615 Luminor Submersible 1950 3 Days Chrono Flyback Automatic Titanio
oVHvyzD.jpg

Let me get this out of the way first. This is by no means a Super Rep nor even a First Class one. This is simply a very good copy. It is a fun watch to wear, simply because the size of the watch demands attention and the busy dial with the many hands make for an interesting watch. I got it through a local seller who is not familiar with factory names (Noob and H-Factory and Kuvarsit, they are all Greek to the seller). Watch apparently came by way of Hong Kong, which we all know is simply to say, it came from GZ, China. :lol: Normally I would not pay more than 200$ for it but as it is an uncommon replica, I gladly paid around 270$ for the watch. So let's get on with the review. ;)

Case Construction:
Case is made of stainless steel (gen is made from titanium). This gives the watch a particularly heavier feel than compared to say the PAM389 rep, which is made of titanium. But the features are all there like on the gen, including the pushers at 8 and 10.

xmEgHpB.jpg

As nice as the pushers are (they unscrew to enable pushing on them, and screw back to lock the pushers in place), they are simply faux pushers and serve no function on the watch. It's understandable as there is no movement that has subdials at 3 and 9 and pusher locations at 8 and 10. Still, they look the part. ;)

Sf5Li0y.jpg

On the other side, we can see the typical submersible crownguard, with the fat crown.
4guZlzA.jpg

The bezel is made of stainless steel as well with what looks to be a ceramic insert much like the PAM389. Hour markers are placed on the insert with numbered ones at 15, 30 and 45 minutes as well as a lumed pip at 12. You can also see that the inner rehaut is brushed, same as the gen.
iOohytx.jpg

Dial:
Details on the dial are accurate enough with the lumed circular hour, and 6 and 12 markers. The subdial appearance is similar to gen, only the function of the one at 3 is not like the gen (as normally it should be the hour counter of the flyback). Hands are nicely done, with the glaring inaccuracy of the minute hand, which should be a sword shaped one instead of the pencil hands on the rep. The hands of the chrono are also not accurate in function as they merely move with the second hand. Appearance wise they are fine especially the blue highlights.

trx1kH5.jpg

Bezel teeth are well defined and nicely machined as shown in the close up.
ea70Ej8.jpg

Caseback:
Caseback engraving is nice and crisp, nothing to complain about, especially on something that is rarely seen.

jY87d16.jpg

6ExLiPQ.jpg

I appreciate the fact that the factory used the correct lug system. Sometimes to cut corners, only the screw in lugs are available. This one uses the gen-correct Quick Release system (and it works :D ).

Lume:
I really was not expecting anything lumewise, especially from such a rep. I just expected it to glow. Also the seller said that the lume is not accurate to the gen so I expected it not to be great. But I was pleasantly surprised when I found out a more than passable green lume on the dial (though gen hands are blue). Also, the lume pip at the 12 o'clock position was blue, like the gen! :)
fV2Xa9E.jpg

As compared to its fantasy twin, the full PVDed version of the PAM615.
qOGJ1KQ.jpg

So there you go, a review of the very nicely done rep but still a lot of improvement to go. Maybe the next one will have at least a correct titanium case and correct sword hands. I leave you with some wrist shots and a group shot with the PAM615 full PVD and the PAM389.

wk7j1wM.jpg

8nAfPfd.jpg

OavgQzp.jpg

BP7hsxM.jpg

Thanks for reading! :D

A special thank you to @tridad for allowing the PAM615 to be reviewed before I sent it to him (and coincidentally it just arrived at his address. :D). Thanks bro. ;)

elusive1

I'm Pretty Popular
5/12/15
I've been waiting for this watch for a long time... damn we need to know which factory this comes from lol!

paulvillo

Renowned Member
6/6/13
Remarkable mysterio, thanks!
That group shot with the 389 reminds me of how "wrist distance" can be a real game changer in this hobby :)
Hopefully we'll see an upgraded version of the 615 anytime soon from the "known" facs;)
Cheers!

J.Prime

I'm Pretty Popular
Trusted Dealer
11/4/10
Great review, this is an interesting model even with all the issues.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks mysterio for sharing your thoughts
Indeed this is a nicely made watch even not being a great rep

Interesting

ALE