• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 423 Review from winning Giveaway

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Hello everyone! :)

Some of you may know that im new to the Staff team (rolex section) here on RWI. Lately there was a staff giveaway where one of the staff members could win a Panerai 423 rep from Ryan. Credits to Trailboss and Ryan from intime for making the awesome giveaway! :)

I never, ever won something in my life. Whether it is watches related, lotteries or other kind of contests. When the random picker chose my 'number' i literally jumped in the air! :)

The shipment went great and fast, and even was in time for me to take it with me on skiing holiday(hence now the review ;) ). When the watch came in it felt great... its unbelievable how close the rep pams are these days to the gen. I was blown away when seeing the rep movement.

According to Ryan's listing this baby should have 3 days of power reserve. Well, i wound the watch and it went strong for 4 'and a bit' days. Not sure how this is even possible, but when i went skiing the whole day i layed the watch flat/face up in the hotelroom safe.

So it felt a bit uncomfortable in the beginning i must admit, because its a freakin 47mm watch :p . Im used to max. 45mm which is quiet a difference on my 7'' wrist. But after some days it was a pleasant and nice feeling when strapping it up. The feel and construction are absolute insane. I checked various gen pics, and couldn't spot any differences with the rep. ALE knows these blemishes and flaws for sure, but from a 'i like PAMs' noob it looks great in my eyes. Lume is ridiculous and shines like a torch. Too bad the power reserve indicator on the dial is faux, but that doesn't annoy me at all ;)

INFO:
Size: 47mm x 17mm
Movement: P.3000(2) Clone, 21.600BPH, 3 days PR

PROS:
-Construction
-Genlike
-Lume
-Movement + PR
-Strap quality

CONS:
-Faux PR indicator on dial
-Strap very stiff in the beginning

Thanks again Boss and Ryan, you guys rock!:flowers1:

Pics:

Wristie:

-Stuvetjee

Zeinharis

I'm Pretty Popular
17/1/16
Congrats!. Welcome to the PAMilia!! :D

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

dxrct

12/10/15
Nice and congratulation, exactly how i felt, first i keep searching for the best sub,but when i got a pam for my wife,it confuse me more and getting pulled deeper and deeper to the force of the darkside. Now looking for mine lol

eshow3907

I'm Pretty Popular
19/2/13
Congratulations on the win and thanks for the share. There was some discussion of this watch a few months back, but I have not seen many pics. These might help get a few sold ;)

The jeweled super clones are awesome movements. The 47mm case wears super big, but if she has a plexi she should be super light and comfortable like the 372.

Your just a great aftermarket strap or 10 away from a panerai convert.

Sent from the Death Star using TapaTalk

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Congratulations on the win and thanks for the share. There was some discussion of this watch a few months back, but I have not seen many pics. These might help get a few sold ;)

The jeweled super clones are awesome movements. The 47mm case wears super big, but if she has a plexi she should be super light and comfortable like the 372.

Your just a great aftermarket strap or 10 away from a panerai convert.

Sent from the Death Star using TapaTalk

Cheers mate, i think it has a sapphire crystal (the way it feels)

Will shoot some pro pics soon :)

Sent from my Clasp using Diverextension

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks Stuve for this nice contribution with good pics and the review

It really is an awesome watch

The movement is very good. It is a pity the NON working PR indicator

Gen has Sapphire crystal and reps come with Sapphire and Plexi optional

Congrats

ALE

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Very nice watch, thanks for the review and congrats on your winning ticket! :)

ryanwayer

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
Supporter
9/1/12
Glad to hear you like the watch :)

I decided to donate this watch since I like this model a lot :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Glad to hear you like the watch :)

I decided to donate this watch since I like this model a lot :)

Yes I agree
Nice gesture Ryan

Damn Stuve, he got the watch ! LOL :):)

ALE

Romeo oscar

25/3/12
[MENTION=68705]ryanw[/MENTION]eaver or the OP : is this yours (above) using sapphire or plexy ?

I ever bought the 372 and asking it with the sapphire. It turn out that the sapphire crystal shape is so different than the plexy. The sapphire, from the bezel raise a bit than going flat on the top of the dial but more domed than the plexy. While the plexyglass is really like gen, from the bezel the plexy raise higher (than sapphire) and goes flat (no dome at all) above the dial.

i m interested to buy 423 with the sapphire (as gen) but worry that the shape of the sapphire still like that. Because the gen sapphire should be really same shape with the plexy like on 372.

Morfeus_05

Horology Curious
18/11/16
Hello, i have a question.
The Power Reserve worked together with the movement ?

Thanks