• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 572 V6F Review

domiffm

handsome
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
Hello Friends,

as there is no real Review of the 572 on RWI and a kind member asked me to post some pics and write a small review i will do that now.

I have to say that i am really in love with the 1940 Radiomirs. I had the 622 this summer and it is a real stunning watch, but one thing was disturbing me: the 47mm size. IMO it's just a bit too big. I own some Radiomirs with non-1940-cases (like 380 and 613). These models are 45mm and fitting perfect on my wrist. So i was searching for something like my 622 with 45mm. After some searching i found the 572. I also like the 512 but as it is only 42mm i would be too small.

So i sold my 622 and had funds to place an order at Ryan for the 572. What should i say? I just LOVE this watch and from day 1 two weeks ago this is my daily beater. The black rep croc strap is nice, but i experimented with some asso straps and now finally i have the perfect asso for my watch (from amazon :sleep:).

For the critics: yes i know that this watch is not 100% accurate due to the wrong movement (as there is no micro rotor rep movement atm) and the "automatic" letter at the dial that is missing on the rep. But honestly spoken i don't care. IMO the watch looks nicer than the gen regarding the dial because the look is more balanced without this word. I had to get used to the A21J movement because winding is different to the 6497's.

Ok, now let the Pics do the talking. The strap with the deployent buckle is my actual and the black one is the rep that came with the watch.

Thanks for watching!
domi

domiffm

handsome
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
How's the winding on the 21J compare to the 6497's?

Sent from my KW iPhone V3

While winding the 6497 you have a clear "stop" resistance when it's fully wound after 45-50 rounds. So you know the spring is under full tension. For the 21J you don't have this resistance. You could wind like 100 rounds. You feel a slight slipping after 65-70 rounds but no "stop". The reason behind that is the 21J is just a stripped down automatic movement (7750? don't know exactly..) so you cannot overwind the movement. You have to get used to that but once you are it's ok.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Very nice watch, no problem if it's not accurate as long as you like it. After all, you're probably gonna be the only one who knows there's no such model in gen :)
Thanks for sharing the review and pics.

hublotkingpower

Renowned Member
9/12/14
Southeast Asia
While winding the 6497 you have a clear "stop" resistance when it's fully wound after 45-50 rounds. So you know the spring is under full tension. For the 21J you don't have this resistance. You could wind like 100 rounds. You feel a slight slipping after 65-70 rounds but no "stop". The reason behind that is the 21J is just a stripped down automatic movement (7750? don't know exactly..) so you cannot overwind the movement. You have to get used to that but once you are it's ok.

I've had issues in the past with my seagull st2555 where the winding got so tight that it could not wind anymore :/ so now I always think twice before buying a hand wound that's not a 6497

domiffm

handsome
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
Very nice watch, no problem if it's not accurate as long as you like it. After all, you're probably gonna be the only one who knows there's no such model in gen :)

Thanks Kilo, exact my opinion :thumbup:

domiffm

handsome
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
I've had issues in the past with my seagull st2555 where the winding got so tight that it could not wind anymore :/ so now I always think twice before buying a hand wound that's not a 6497

What do you mean with "so tight"? I try to wind maximal 60 rounds so i believe i am on the save side. Then it keeps time more than 2,5 days. The rep 572 only comes with the 21J so i had no choice...

WalkerDH

I'm Pretty Popular
14/7/14
Bucharest Romania
Thanks for posting about the 572! Despite the flaws you already highlighted it is indeed a beautiful watch! My wife has an 512 that really wears too small.. I believe the 572 is the correct size for the 1940 radiomirs!

ebzen02

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/4/10
Imo, there are so many different models out that if the movement looks well made you can pass by and no one would know the difference..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hublotkingpower

Renowned Member
9/12/14
Southeast Asia
What do you mean with "so tight"? I try to wind maximal 60 rounds so i believe i am on the save side. Then it keeps time more than 2,5 days. The rep 572 only comes with the 21J so i had no choice...

The crown just wouldn't wind smoothly like there's resistance despite the watch being unwounded but either way enjoy your watch :)

hasat

Known Member
11/11/15
That's true.
Thanks for the review guy's.
Very nice model. I love it.
It looks very authentic.
Wear it with pleasure and happiness

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

pdnb

13/9/08
haha this version....or the 619 as an 8 day manual would be exactly what i would want as gen....actually it would be a gold hands with the 619 Ti 1940 8 day manual with PR on the back!

lmmo

Renowned Member
2/2/15

How is the movement after these months of ownership? Any issues?

domiffm

handsome
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
How is the movement after these months of ownership? Any issues?

Hey mate, thanks for asking.

Bad and good news.

Bad news: Yes, in february the movement started to get issues. It went slow sometimes and in the end with lower power it stopped sometimes.

Good news: I visited Domi (he lives not far away from me) and he did a complete movement revision and after that he regulated the movement. During the revision he showed me what the main problem was: Dirty gears inside. The movement was not assembled very clean.. But since Domi did the revision the movement is top notch! No problems since then. Love it!

So my recommendation is to do a revision of this watch (of every rep watch) and you will be happy!

lmmo

Renowned Member
2/2/15

Bad and good news.

Bad news: Yes, in february the movement started to get issues. It went slow sometimes and in the end with lower power it stopped sometimes.

Good news: I visited Domi (he lives not far away from me) and he did a complete movement revision and after that he regulated the movement. During the revision he showed me what the main problem was: Dirty gears inside. The movement was not assembled very clean.. But since Domi did the revision the movement is top notch! No problems since then. Love it!

So my recommendation is to do a revision of this watch (of every rep watch) and you will be happy!

Thank you for the valuable inputs.

AR159

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/8/13
Thank you for the valuable inputs.

Bad and good news.

Thank for that feed back.
Do anybody knows if the A21J is interchangeable for a old Unitas 6497?
Can't find A21J dimensiones.
Where could I buy this?
Ty

Enviado desde mi Nexus 10 mediante Tapatalk

AR159

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/8/13
Hi domiffm, how is that nice 572 Working? What about the AR coating? Is It Ok?
I want to buy one from a TD and there is no too much information about this modelo.

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5X mediante Tapatalk

j.watch.dev

Horology Curious
16/1/19
Hi there!

Because this is the only corner where you talk about the movement of the 572 I'll try it here.
I have to do a revision of the movement, too.

Something went wrong, so I need a new (hairspring) balance-wheel with spring for the pam572 automatic with micro-rotor:
PAM572 Q Radiomir 1940 V9F 1:1 Best Edition Black Dial on Black Leather Strap P.4000 Super Clone

Do you know on which movement the rep is based on?
Or does anybody here in the forums have this spare part?

Regards