• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NF Pam111 V3 vs KW Pam111 - Comparison

Langirt

Known Member
13/9/13
I hope this is my first beneficial post with the intention to give something back to the community. As I'm not an expert I give the word to the grandmasters ;)

Dark brown strap is the Noob version, cognac leather is the KW version.

Langirt

Known Member
13/9/13
I would like to add that these pics are taken in a mini studio with same light conditions on the left and the right side. I hope there is nearly zero distortion.

Bozz

I'm Pretty Popular
4/6/13
The KW dial looks very good! Imho this KW 111 is a very good alternative, the KW case shape is better than the old Noob V3.

Langirt

Known Member
13/9/13
The KW dial looks very good! Imho this KW 111 is a very good alternative, the KW case shape is better than the old Noob V3.
What do you say about the 12-hour marker of the KW version? Is it a bit off? Just check the second pic.

Bozz

I'm Pretty Popular
4/6/13
mmmm... no, maybe the KW lume is a bit greenish and Noob white-off/yellowish

ariffza

Known Member
20/11/11
The difference is neglectable, especially when HF version is much much cheaper. And this is coming from a long time NF V3 owner.

Thatoneguy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/6/14
In close to making a purchase but I'm trying to decide KW, H-Fac or Noob v3? Seems like Noob v3 is still the front runner... also id like a Y incabloc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

intosh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/11/14
In close to making a purchase but I'm trying to decide KW, H-Fac or Noob v3? Seems like Noob v3 is still the front runner... also id like a Y incabloc

It's all preferences, I would go for the Noobv3.
There are many in depth evaluations on this piece, it would be easier for you to make up your mind if you do a little reading.
It's stickied under this section.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
The new KW case is awesome, very nice looking and at least on par with the latest Hfac in my eyes.
The problem is in the CG, it is very nicely finished, but the inner corners are too close to the outer side of it, there's too much space between crown and CG body.
Pity because I really like the CG pin (even if inaccurate) and the polished external edge (not noticeable here, but my 563 CG has it).
If you add Hfac to the equation it's a very though choice nowadays :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Firstly many thanks to Langirt for making this nice comparison with useful and very good pics

That said I would like doing some clarifications

This comparison is made with two different things.
- OLD V3 Noob case
- NEW KW case : see the lug shape, different form OLD KW case which had a little "eagle beak" shape. See the CG lever tip non detached from the case.

Therefore we are comparing an OLD Noob V3 case (used for Noob nowadays in all watches Luminor 44mm less PAM 390 which has Noob V4) and a NEW KW case last generation.

KW case seems awesome, with a finish similar to NEW Noob V4 and new H maker 2105, but it has softer edges (more accurate to gen) than H maker and the bezel shape is more accurate too. The only problem that I see in KW case is the higher position of lug holes (like old version). I actually don't understand why KW has not corrected this flaw in the new versions.

If you can live with above commented matter, KW New caseset is clearly better than Noob V4 (see lug upper part position and lug contours, fat crown and CG lever shape) and if you see the inner part between lugs you would see worse finish in Noob than in KW case. Lever shape is better and overall finish is better too.
KW case, leaving aside the position of lug holes, seems even better than new H maker 2015 case (which has sharper edges than gen and wrong bezel shape)
It is a shame that KW has not corrected the lug holes position to get the better Luminor Bettarini 44mm case so far

But the main problem is getting a comparison between the NEW Noob V4 caseset and the NEW cases from KW and H maker
It seems clear that V3 Noob caseset is worse than NEW casesets either H maker or KW
But what about Noob V4 fitting PAM 390 No0b ??

Some answers about NEW Hmaker and Noob V4 in below thread by Bozz
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/221602-Noob-V4-caseset-vs-new-HF-caseset-(PICS)

Thanks again to Langirt for sharing and take the time to make this thread clarifying some interesting aspects of NEW KW caseset.
Rep points added !! Congrats ! GOOD STARTING !

ALE

btan

Renowned Member
11/10/09
Must be a better way to ask than resurrecting old threads. Anyway, trusted dealer.

+1! I've had my toro noob v3 modded with the Y-Incabloc for years it's nice and spot on. Tswatch sells a noob v4 for cheap I think. Kuvarsit would be the place for kw.

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
+1! I've had my toro noob v3 modded with the Y-Incabloc for years it's nice and spot on. Tswatch sells a noob v4 for cheap I think. Kuvarsit would be the place for kw.

Well Kuvarsit does carry the KW/V6F models as they have an implied relationship, however you can get the V6F at any trusted dealer. You just need to ask. ;)

Superman76

I'm Pretty Popular
8/1/15
I don't understand why v6/kW uses that greenish lume color. Same with the 127