• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

KW 392 Q - Photo Review

grifter

Known Member
28/6/10
Ordered this one from Sead on the 13th and arrived today the 19th!

I wanted to post some photos and let the people with more knowledge chime in.

My observations on the watch:
- Awesome fit and finish. Brushed steel looks really nice! Solid feeling in the hand.
- CG lever snaps nicely.
- Dial looks very nice but the color of the letters and dates look to be darker than the gen photos I've seen online. However they match perfect to the photo on the official P.com.
- Strap quick release system works flawlessly. Nice surprise, the watch came with the tool included with it.
- REG. T.M. nicely engraved but font size bigger compared to gen pics.
- Lume is on par with the superlumed reps of today.
- Tick tock is not audible and can only be heard if I press the watch to my ear.
- Rotor is surprisingly quiet (however the only other Pam auto I have owned recently was a 388 v1 which I sold because the rotor was annoyingly loud).

Please understand these observations could just be my sample so ymmv.

I really like how it sits on my wrist. Not top heavy at all. Very good balance (imho) of not too big not too small. My wrist is 7" but round shaped and not flat.

Hopefully this post will help anyone trying to decide on buying this or not.

anonwatchguy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/14
Looks great, thanks for the post. I used to believe that sub 44mm PAMs were too small but I think this is perfect. I have 7" wrists and own a gen 44mm PAM but think the 42mm would look much more proportioned on my wrist.

Cenjuro

3/1/13
that was the post i was waiting!!!!

a few weeks thinking about 312 or 392... my small (6.5) wrist was good for 44mm pams, but automatic pams was too tick for me. I have to sell a marvelous 388, and smaller pams will be good inclusive for dress watch. Not a dress watch, but 42 mm will be good with suit.

Cenjuro

3/1/13
hello

Could you compare with manual 44mms pams? or any other popular watch in 42 or 44 mms?

Im still thinking about 312 or 392

jonathanw

I'm Pretty Popular
6/9/15
Wow! that looks tremendously thick, almost as thick as the 16mm Big Pilot 5002 from IWC! can you measure it please?

EDIT: The gen is actually 16.5mm so my estimation was spot on =D great case diameter but too huge on thickness, for me anyways.