• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 176 Noob short review [PICS HEAVY]

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
NOOB PAM 176

Model: 176
Movement: A6497
Maker: Noob factory
Dealer: m2m

Edited: the review has been originally written based on the info from the seller stating this was a H factory watch. It has been later confirmed thanks to the help of great members of this community (ALE, Grimlocktime and others) that this is in fact a watch coming from noob. Lucky me I got a noob for the price of an H-fac :D

Of course my opinions on this watch have not changed, I liked it a lot when I thought it was H-factory, I like it just the same now :)

As agreed with ALE the old thread was closed, here's the edited review:

Well, while waiting to decide which 382 to get, I was browsing the sales section on all forums (no way I can stop buying...) and spotted a good deal on this nice rep. Since I was very satisfied with my other titanium PAM, the 346, I decided to try a Luminor as well, at the least it's something you don't see around so often lately :)

Initially this has been stated as a H factory watch, and while I was checking it I was amazed at how close it was to the noob case of my 390, I couldn't spot a difference... Needless to say how funny it was to discover this is indeed a noob watch :D
Finally let me take the chance to thank QinetiQ for sending me this beauty and for being a kind and fair seller. After all, his mistake stating the factory in sales thread granted me a great deal!

CASE

The whole case is made of brushed titanium, according to the maker's specs, and as per its gen counterpart.
In the pics it looks a bit yellowish due to the lights I use during the photoshoot.
The overall effect is great, the all brushed look gives the Luminor case a different and somewhat rougher look.

The whole watch has a nice, gen-like feel to it even though it somewhat looses in comparison to the incredible finish of my kw 346.

As you can see in the pics titanium can be scratched quite easily, and being this a used watch, some dings and signs of wear can be noticed. I also read somewhere that titanium, much like bronze, will develop its own patina with time. I wouldn't know if it's something that is present on this case or not, the color seems quite uniform to me.

CROWNGUARD

The crown guard is brushed like the rest of the case, and the finish is nice as well. The CG pin is almost perfectly flush with it, while the lever isn't. It sits a fraction of millimeter higher than the CG, anyway this is something I noticed only reviewing my pics and can be barely noticed on the wrist.
The CG lever shuts tight and the global feeling is quite solid.

DIAL

PAM 176 features a simple black dial without the small seconds at nine, plain, simple and great looking :)
Numerals tend to become a light azure color after being under the light thanks to the awesome lume applied.

The black hands are nicely shaped and the CP is one of the best I saw ootb, almost perfectly flush.
Inscriptions on the dial are the correct creamy color. Font is correct as far as I can tell.

Differences from gen, if there are any, are a matter of microscope ;)
Crystal is sapphire with single sided colorless AR. As I noticed in all the other PAMs mounting sapphire crystals, AR seems pretty weak and reflections in the crystal are impossible to avoid under the light. Nothing that affects readability during normal use, but a PITA for shooting pics :)

Lume shot:

CASEBACK

The display caseback shows the a6497 movement with decorated plates. The cote de geneve decoration and the "OFFICINE PANERAI" inscription are nice and defined, but could be a little more deeply engraved.

The outer ring features all the correct engravings, again well executed. The M serial is correct (no odd numbers).

CONCLUSIONS

All in all a great rep and a welcome addition, definitely worth to be in every collection.
Another really beautiful PAM rep :)

Some more pics:

As usual feel free to comment any inaccuracies or missing detail, I will be happy to update the review.

:cheers:

Hawker789

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/5/13
Absolutely stunning and amazing review, huge thanks. This is another one on my to buy list.

Sent from my iWatch using Tapatalk

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
You're welcome! :)

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Have spent the last 2 days deciding between a 000 and a 005, then Sharrkey had me look onto the 390. Was talking back and forth with Ssteel today, and telling Micky I was about to pull the trigger on an N series version of the 176 from Ryan.
This has just confirmed my next purchase. Thanks for the superb review buddy. Cracking watch, the brush finish makes a superb difference.

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Have spent the last 2 days deciding between a 000 and a 005, then Sharrkey had me look onto the 390. Was talking back and forth with Ssteel today, and telling Micky I was about to pull the trigger on an N series version of the 176 from Ryan.
This has just confirmed my next purchase. Thanks for the superb review buddy. Cracking watch, the brush finish makes a superb difference.

Glad you found it useful mate :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Thanks kw for preparing this new thread
This is a really nice watch, awesome pictorial and good review
Reputation deserved and to be added in PAM GUIDE

ALE

matthew90

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/14
Hey Kilo,

Still on the fence on whether I should get this piece or not. I'm waiting for my 508, 360 v4, 390 noob to arrive but kind of think I also need this piece. I just can't make up my mind if I should go for this or wait for the newer rep models after CNY. For someone who have all those watches, do you think it's worth to have this in the watch-box as well?

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
My noob 176P arrive tomorrow. Than i make some pics of the latest batch of this model.

Sent from my iPhone 6

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Hey Kilo,

Still on the fence on whether I should get this piece or not. I'm waiting for my 508, 360 v4, 390 noob to arrive but kind of think I also need this piece. I just can't make up my mind if I should go for this or wait for the newer rep models after CNY. For someone who have all those watches, do you think it's worth to have this in the watch-box as well?

As Chris said it seems they improved the latest batch, at least the movement, so I would wait for his pics.
In any case a titanium Luminor is a must for any PAM collector :)

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
Here we go, PAM176P

31211fe86dfdb61c26ee9435de9c49b7.jpg

8fa837764a56218b93a608742fc8370e.jpg

16e3627fde4eab6bf3ca43e7c1f1d0cb.jpg

56b971efc726fe6ee94d5c8478e5c15f.jpg

7b42338eb62693debffda86dfbc91e52.jpg

8caccca3971a53d4400bf3d74c537b87.jpg

f4fe8a3d83421831a095f0ca1e320d6c.jpg

2d5b7fbfabd4b0ac66a0b1c234144f6f.jpg

536fb8872c5401a5f3dfcb66d5b9c250.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Bumped on this tool the other day. Never used it but looks it can do the job. Maybe worth a try as these brushed titanium cases are so scratch sensitive.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BECO-TECH...Accessories_SpareParts_SM&hash=item5af626b110

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brushed-S...714?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e99946372

Thanks mate :)
I have bought that same tool recently and used it yesterday for the first time.
It works fine eliminating hairlines and restoring the brushed finish, but dings and scratches require a more "resolute" approach imho :)

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Here we go, PAM176P

Sent from my iPhone 6

It's a very nice watch Chris, congrats :)

I'm looking forward to see what you do with that micrometric screw:)

Mookata

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/15
My first rep was a rolex but the Pams from Noob factory are definitely making me ponder hard on my next rep!

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
hi guys, sorry for bumping up an old thread. I just wanted to state the obvious, as an owner of a ss316L 44 luminor case and a Ti 44m luminor case that the difference in weight is incredible and that should also be one of the key factors in choosing a model like this. My wrist is small and I definitely give more wrist time to my 564 because it is so lightweight. Then of course shiatches happen.

@ OP: ciao, which strap is that you had there ? It's the one I'd like for mine. Thank you in advance

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
hi guys, sorry for bumping up an old thread. I just wanted to state the obvious, as an owner of a ss316L 44 luminor case and a Ti 44m luminor case that the difference in weight is incredible and that should also be one of the key factors in choosing a model like this. My wrist is small and I definitely give more wrist time to my 564 because it is so lightweight. Then of course shiatches happen.

@ OP: ciao, which strap is that you had there ? It's the one I'd like for mine. Thank you in advance

The strap in the pics is "master cuir" from Bakeka, you can find him in the trusted strapmakers section :)