• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 346 KW short review [pics heavy]

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
KW PAM 346 pics + short review

Model: PAM 346
Movement: not specified manual wind with date
Maker: Kuvarsit Watch
Dealer: Sead/Supermirrors

CASE

The case is claimed by the maker to be full titanium, and from what I can see it does seem so, the color is warmer than normal SS, on the bezel too.
The overall feeling is incredible, the watch transmits high quality and a solid feel.
The brushed body contrasts with the polished bezel, the brushing is superb while the polishing shows some imperfections, but only in macro pics, still very well done.
Looking at the case from the side we can notice the thin polished line which is the side of the caseback: a lovely detail :)

The color looks a bit darker than gen from the pics I saw so far, but it's almost impossible to say for sure without comparing both in real life.

CROWN

Crown is nicely shaped, logo is crisp and tube is short. I believe it is made of steel and not titanium, no idea what the gen one is made of.

Crown operation is smooth, closing is tight and the movement gives a solid feel while winding it.

DIAL

The 346 features a brown matte dial with gold hands, date@3, small seconds@9. Numbers and indices are a light greenish colour, again quite close if not spot on with the gen.
Date sits a tiny fraction of millimeter low, barely noticeable with the naked eye.
Hands are well machined and deep colored, but are not completely pressed down, so CP is not perfectly flush.
Inscriptions are correct, color is a gorgeous cream, finish is glossy. Impeccable execution I would say :)

The overall effect is elegant, the most elegant PAM I've seen so far.
CRYSTAL

Crystal is sapphire, clear and with single AR. As usual I'm not completely satisfied by AR, most likely due to the large dimension of the dial and the "absence" of detail, which create a highly reflective surface. Readability of the watch don't suffer at all, but I always see something reflected in the dial when shooting pics.
Date mag lens is on the inner side of the crystal. Magnification is good, but nothing like you see on a Rolex Sub, more subtle. From a front view the outer ring (I don't remember its name...) of the lens looks thicker than gen.

CASEBACK

The case back execution is superb and shows the attention to detail placed by the maker in this watch.
The engravings are deep and defined, the case back is brushed with a polished side that gives a nice touch to the watch. The movement is exposed through a sapphire glass, again the quality is excellent. The plates covering the movement are beautifully decorated and all the engravings are clear and deep. Fonts are a bit thicker than gen.
Upon close inspection we may notice some fake gears and holes that should probably contain screws and are instead closed. Very hard to notice with the naked eye, it is probably the price we must pay for having the first manual wind movement with date on rep AFAIK.

It might not be a clone of the real movement, but the effect is stunning in every single aspect

STRAP

The strap.
The strap looks good, extremely good. Someone said it's a bit stiff, but I don't agree completely. It has the same quality of aftermarket machine made straps ranging around 50 euro. I think I will keep it :)
Buckle is titanium, and again execution is very good.

LUGS

The system used by the maker is different from what I've seen on my KW 504, which had a sort of metal sleeves inside the lugholes, on the 346 we see that both lug bars and screws have a plastic ring that ensure a perfect and tight closing of the lugs.
It also shows once again the attention placed by the maker in improving their watches even in small details not affecting the appearance of the watch. Good job KW, all makers should do the same!

My 504 lug bars and screws:

My 346 lug bars and screws:

CONCLUSIONS

This a superlative rep, and I'm not talking about how close to gen it looks. This rep is top notch as a watch, I would really like all reps had the same level of attention to detail and building quality.
I'm completely satisfied by this watch and I can only recommend every PAM lover to at least try it on the wrist. Great job Kuvarsit!

Some more pics:

Lume shots:

And a wristie:

As usual feel free to comment or point out any inaccuracies, I will gladly update the review accordingly, hope you enjoyed it :)

:cheers:

sanankid

I'm Pretty Popular
18/6/11
Wow incredible watch. Thanks for a great review it my be my first rad...

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Wow incredible watch. Thanks for a great review it my be my first rad...

I think it would be a great choice for a first radiomir, I can only say I'm delighted about this watch :)

oracle202

Renowned Member
1/4/13
I have one as well and couldn't agree more. Fantastic watch fantastic execution by KW maker.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi kilowatore
This is a nice and complete pictorial and a good review of this magnificent watch
It deserves to be included in PAM GUIDE and I will do asap
Most likely this review will encourage the sales of KW PAM 346

What about the screws and fixation of lug bars?? Are there o-rings ??

I have just received mine in the mail. Looking forward to wear itç

Thanks for your kind cooperation

ALE

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Hi ALE, tbh I liked the strap so much that I did not even think about removing the lug bars... :)
I will try asap however, I'm curious to compare them to the 504 ones.
Also I will add pics to first post in order to complete the review.

started

Supporter
Certified
11/3/13
nice watch! as far as the weight goes, how does it compare to the 390? my 176 (also ti) felt non existent on my wrist..something i'm not too fond of.

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
nice watch! as far as the weight goes, how does it compare to the 390? my 176 (also ti) felt non existent on my wrist..something i'm not too fond of.

Surely it's lighter than a 390, but I don't find it too light. Maybe the different movement with datewheel and decorated plates add some weight to it.
Unluckily I can't measure the difference cause I don't have the instrument :(

Sora

Renowned Member
18/5/12
the strap is not bad on this one, feels like real croc strap

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Added pics of lug system in first post :)

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
the strap is not bad on this one, feels like real croc strap

Well, not exactly like real croc or a OEM strap, but I found it very nice and comfortable too :)

Hoodybear

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/12/13
Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures. Very impressive!

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
hi kilowattore, how about the time keeping accuracy of this rep?

A full wind lasted a couple of days, and it hasn't lost nor gained a minute.
I rotate watches on a daily basis, so I never check accuracy precisely :)

Choi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/14
great review.
Is this "unknown movement" like pam372 P.3000 ???
really 8day?

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
great review.
Is this "unknown movement" like pam372 P.3000 ???
really 8day?

This no super clone like the one used in the latest 372.
It's a manual wind movement with date which has been decorated to look like cal.p2002/9, but Kuvarsit did not specify what movement it is.