• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 183 H from PT mini review

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy

PAM 183 H Puretime

Model: Panerai PAM 372
Movement: A6497
Maker: not sure
Dealer: m2m

Seeing lately a bit of talk about base radiomirs, I thought I'd share my impressions on this version I got in m2m a while back.

First of all I must admit I still have not recognized which version is this, noob h-fac or else. I could only find a link to it in PT's website here, so any info or advice is welcome.

The case

Shape of the case almost perfect, no evident flaws as far as I can tell. Construction is solid.
No problems with lug screws so far, also.
The radiomir cushion case is a joy for the eye and transmits great personality.

Engravings on the crown are well defined

The dial

Biggest tell on the dial are the inscriptions "RADIOMIR BLACK SEAL" and "PANERAI", color is whitish instead of creamy and fonts are a bit too thin, especially the BLACK SEAL writing. Not so noticeable, but definitely off.
Numbers are better, shape is very close. Maybe 6 is a bit rounder and numbers are generally slightly thinner than gen. I think this flaw can barely be noticed even side by side with gen.

Lume is strong, but not super

The case back

The display case back shows the always nice to see a6497 manual wind, which confirms to be a true workhorse. The watch keeps good time and power reserve is about 2 days.
The movement is nicely decorated, and "OFFICINE PANERAI" is engraved, not painted as in some other versions.
The inscriptions in the case back are also crisp.

Too bad, as you can see in the macros, that serial numbers are wrong :picard:

The watch comes with a welcome asso strap, it's the only comfortable strap I found in reps so far and it looks good on this one too.

All in all a good watch, very nice on the wrist, but definitely no super rep.

As always feel free to point out inaccuracies or mistakes.

:cheers:

marlin2284

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
1/2/12
Looks like the beginner version of the 183.

Great pictures BTW!!