• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Replacement Crystals for panerai sub (without distortion?)

jjf887

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/10/17
Hi there,

I am wondering if anyone knows where to purchase replacement crystals without any distortion (fisheye effect) for panerai subs?

specifically, I am looking for a replacement for my panerai 682/683 (42mm) thanks!

Gtmatt22

Patron
Certified
7/1/21
CONUS
I can't help but have a similar need for my pam 605 luminor

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

john doe iii

23/6/15
CONUS
I have 2 but not sure if they will fit. What size crystal do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jjf887

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/10/17
Bumping to see if anyone else can help?

Does anyone know the dimensions of the crystal ? I spoke with a few companies who asked for the dimensions.

thanks!

keyboardhero

Horology Curious
10/12/21
Anyone know what is the dimension, or who/where can I get a non-fisheye lens crystal for pam 979 please?

patnaboy

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/3/12
I am unsure of the accuracy of my Vernier caliper but I am measuring 34mm diameter, 3.5mm thickness. This crystal is from a Pam719 which should be the same as a 979. However, please don't quote me on this. The whole crystal cost and AR coating gets pricy so I dont want someone to rely on this info. if it may be erroneous.

Please note the same crystal also fit my Pam508. However, I am noting that previously a member raised the same question at the link below and Prof told him the dimension was 33.5mm instead. I am not sure if this means a thicker gasket? Best to double check with Prof.

Here is the link:

Here is my 508 with a distortion free crystal with Prof AR Coating: