• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM673 [HWF]

Karlchen

Supporter
Certified
12/1/14
Nice watch, but where is „PANERAI“ ? ;-)

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

fred

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
17/4/07
Suisse
my next in my collection , :)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

KOT1917

Respected Member
Section Moderator
26/7/19
Russian federation
I want to note that I always preferred PAM673 over PAM372, and I was always sad that no one made such a close model. There were even thoughts to pick it up from parts 372 and PAM587.

Finally, it was possible to examine the factory rep of this model.
These and all new models appeared only the other day in vmde mentions on the Internet, and there are no more photos or live reviews, but I dare to mention a few nuances right now:

- The case for this model must be of type NEW 1950. I say "type" because there were several cases in this type.
By analogy with PAM372, as the most common, everyone can see that in addition to thinner lugs, it should also have a longitudinal rib along the perimeter of the ends.
In these photos, it is obvious that the shape of the case is not correct.

- GEN PAM673 must be supplied with plexiglass. REP is described as a sapphire. Also, models with a domed crystal, speaking of sapphire, have different shape options used on different cases. In this case, we see a dome with a gentle slope, like on the PAM127, but not what we should see for the models in this case, with a vertical edge profile and a beveled top.

The shape of the crystal of the new 1950 case against the old one, in the photo gen PAM372 and PAM127:

Comparison of the GEN 372 (Which has the same shape as the PAM673 GEN) versus what we have on the Trusty site, which is hard to see, but more like a flat crystal type of an old 1950 case:

- Movement gen uses P.3000 in new design, REP uses 6497 with deco plate. The design itself is right, but the decoration is always pretty obvious, and the balance wheel is in the wrong position for the gen, not to mention its size, shape, etc.

- On the caseback, the S series and the circulation of 1000 pieces are correctly indicated (this is just a special edition 2016 of the year) , and I'm glad that this common margin of error, they surpassed, However, the engraving of the case number between the lugs is incorrect.
Case 6835 is an early version of type 1950 new, when moving to the new movt. design, on all latest models like PAM1075 or latest PAM372 the case number should be OP7074 and this applies to PAM673. However, the engraving itself obviously does not occupy the upper face of the butt, because it looks flat, and therefore the wrong number on the wrong plane, this is a combo.

Not a very good photo of gen, but you can still see the number itself:

And here is the difference in location on the example of GEN PAM372:

- Let me remind you that the inscriptions on the dial, by analogy with all the familiar PAM372, should be engraved and filled with gold paint, right there on the HWF we see just an inscription on the dial.

- The hands of rep are obviously too long.

- At the moment, I'm not ready to say exactly, but it seems HWF uses a smaller diameter crown for 44mm models.

These are first impressions, and I was in a hurry to express them, so I apologize for not very clear comparisons and consistency, but this release was interesting and I considered it important to describe it.

KOT1917

Respected Member
Section Moderator
26/7/19
Russian federation
Thanks for the kind words, klockjohan !

Taking this opportunity, I want to note that most of the aspects:

- Сase.
- Crystal.
- The nature of the engravings.
- The nature of the fonts of the dial.
- Deco on movement.

Common to all releases of the HWF factory, this line: PAM604, PAM605, PAM673, PAM1080, just some details may coincide with one model, but not with another, but these shortcomings are common to all.

I wasn't sure if it was worth writing all this in each thread of the corresponding model, but I just wanted this fact to be recorded on the forum.

Debellum

Love is a Litany
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
So , HWF don’t realize a good Panny , never and never. And the sad thing it’s that HWF is the only Factory that made Panerai old model with Bettarini case…..😢