• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Super-Uber Pam 127 Fiddy and 217 Picture Heavy !!!

marlin2284

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
1/2/12
Hey Guys.

Just finished the 217 build and wanted to share, as well as get some feedback on an idea that some have been asking me to pursue.

I have had a lot of people requesting these watches so I’ve been thinking of selling 127, 217 and 111 brand new with different levels of modding on an order by order basis. I have already sold a few; here are some pictures of what would be included in the package.

I would sell them in a very limited basis maybe one to three per month, depending on the availability of parts, so patients is a must. Turnaround may vary from two weeks to a month. These watches are highly modified and the parts are not readily available, so they will be very unique and rare, that being said they will not come cheap making them even more rare. All watches will have Certificate and Specification papers included with the watch specimen number on it. This is as close to gen as you can get without spending $20k...

Would there be an interest in this?

Here are the pictures:
Untitled-27.jpg

Untitled-8.jpg

Untitled-7.jpg

Untitled-28.jpg

IMG_2569.jpg

IMG_2579.jpg

217 with full modding

Untitled-26.jpg

Untitled-20.jpg

Untitled-9.jpg

Untitled-10.jpg

Untitled-11.jpg

Untitled-16.jpg

Untitled-18.jpg

Untitled-13.jpg

Untitled-17.jpg

Untitled-15.jpg

Untitled-19.jpg

IMG_2542.jpg

IMG_2545.jpg

IMG_2544.jpg

IMG_2542.jpg

Natural light picture

Untitled-3.jpg

127 with full modding

IMG_2551.jpg

Untitled-25.jpg

Untitled-38.jpg

Untitled-37.jpg

Untitled-36.jpg

Untitled-30.jpg

Untitled-29.jpg

Untitled-31.jpg

Untitled-14.jpg

Untitled-12.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-12.jpg

Notice the gold-leaf on all text on movement, no more yellow pain!

Untitled-21.jpg

Untitled-22.jpg

Untitled-24.jpg

Untitled-23.jpg

Natural light picture

Untitled-6.jpg

List of MODS:
1. ETA 6497-1 movement with ETA stamped and with damascening pattern on baseplate (this has to be engine turned and rhodium plated as they do not come with the baseplate decorated from ETA)
2. Changed ETA balance wheel for rep. for more gen. look
3. Touch up Noob bridges (rhodium plating is sometimes necessary on some bridges, as they have uneven plating from factory.
4. Changed thin dagger regulator with thick dagger
5. Used eta gears
6. Polished ratchet and crown wheel bevels (later replaced with ETA.)
7. Replaced incabloc shock system with Y incabloc
8. Tightened CG lever and recessed pin
9. In some cases shave down the CG so it sits closer to the case
10. Gold leaf applied to all text on movement (127 only)
11. In some cases a crystal change is necesary
12. Replace hands with more gen. spec gold superlumed hands
13. Cleaned, oiled and adjusted

The price is determined by the price of the components that go in the watch and of course the cost of the watch itself. The Noob 127 costs me the same as it would cost anyone else close to $400 shipped to the US, add to that the cost of the ETA movement with the proper crown and ratchet wheels and your close to $800 dollars on just those two items alone, add the other parts,time and labor and it adds up. I would be asking between $1100.00 and $1300.00 for these watches, unfortunately out of the reach of most and as I mentioned not cheap for a rep. If you scrutinize the pictures you'll see that they are very close to gen. and for the price you would pay for three reps you could have something that is limited,rare and original and could be scrutinized even up close. Included in this package is shipping, status pictures, QC pictures, certificate and specification papers and a 6 month warranty on the mechanical movement only. if you have any other questions, you are welcome to PM me and I'll be more than happy to answer any concerns you may have, Thanks

Would there be an interest in this?

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Apart from the gold leaf on the movement of the 127 can you explain what you have done to these to make them 'highly modded'.

Londongeorge87

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
13/1/09
They look nice.

+1 on the specs though :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I would like to know the specs as well, they look nice!

marlin2284

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
1/2/12
With the exception of the dial and the case everything else is moded or changed out altogether. Please read my other posts to learn the progression of all the mods done to the watches. This is the end result of a calibration of many members from different forums giving me feedback on what to change and mod.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Well that's not the best way to start advertising something.

I'm not going to tell you what I've done to it but tell you what you can go hunting through lots of other forums and threads to find out the information.

If you cant' be arsed to summarise, then I cant be arse to go spend hours searching.

And on that revelation, I'm out.

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
Well that's not the best way to start advertising something.

I'm not going to tell you what I've done to it but tell you what you can go hunting through lots of other forums and threads to find out the information.

If you cant' be arsed to summarise, then I cant be arse to go spend hours searching.

And on that revelation, I'm out.

+1 We want to read something here please

AHX

Renowned Member
3/12/10
Not interested unless you're up front with why we should buy your product, pure and simple. List mods and price up front with pictures.

marlin2284

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
1/2/12
List of MODS:
1. ETA 6497-1 movement with ETA stamped and with damascening pattern on baseplate (this has to be engine turned and rhodium plated as they do not come with the baseplate decorated from ETA)
2. Changed ETA balance wheel for rep. for more gen. look
3. Touch up Noob bridges (rhodium plating is sometimes necessary on some bridges, as they have uneven plating from factory.
4. Changed thin dagger regulator with thick dagger
5. Used eta gears
6. Polished ratchet and crown wheel bevels (later replaced with ETA.)
7. Replaced incabloc shock system with Y incabloc
8. Tightened CG lever and recessed pin
9. In some cases shave down the CG so it sits closer to the case
10. Gold leaf applied to all text on movement (127 only)
11. In some cases a crystal change is necesary
12. Replace hands with more gen. spec gold superlumed hands
13. Cleaned, oiled and adjusted

The price is determined by the price of the components that go in the watch and of course the cost of the watch itself. The Noob 127 costs me the same as it would cost anyone else close to $400 shipped to the US, add to that the cost of the ETA movement with the proper crown and ratchet wheels and your close to $800 dollars on just those two items alone, add the other parts,time and labor and it adds up. I would be asking between $1100.00 and $1300.00 for these watches, unfortunately out of the reach of most and as I mentioned not cheap for a rep. If you scrutinize the pictures you'll see that they are very close to gen. and for the price you would pay for three reps you could have something that is limited,rare and original and could be scrutinized even up close. Included in this package is shipping, status pictures, QC pictures, certificate and specification papers and a 6 month warranty on the mechanical movement only. I hope this answers everyone's concerns, if you have any other questions, you are welcome to PM me and I'll be more than happy to answer any concerns you may have, Thanks

AHX

Renowned Member
3/12/10
Well it sounds excellent, if you're really doing all that work then yes that price is justified. I'd be interested, I have been wanting to get a 127. When do you plan to start doing this though?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
He's not until I know a lot more is he? Because this would be backdoor dealing wouldn't it?

marlin2284

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
1/2/12
I have been allowed by the admin. to sell these watches on a limited and trial basis on the sale section of this forum. In the next few days they will go up with more detailed pictures. I would like to thank the admin and the staff at RWI for all there assistance, professionalism and quick responses.

ronverhage

Known Member
12/7/11
Wow, looks very nice indeed! Very close to gen indeed, the only thing that's disturbing (for me) is the swanneck regulaterpin.....to short I think. But hey, this is one of the best reps out there so a big thumbs up.
This is why i like the repworld, most of the people here know Panerai better than the average owner of a gen one.

marlin2284

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
1/2/12
Your right, I am working to see how I can fix that. It bothers me as well, but they can't ever be 100% perfect. There will always be small imperfections here and there. Here's a better look at the E movement out side the watch, I know how we all like pictures...LOL

IMG_2621.jpg

IMG_2620.jpg

IMG_2619.jpg

IMG_2618.jpg

IMG_2617.jpg