• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

LV 8 Watch Case - Take a look!

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
For a long time as I have travelled through Heathrow each month, I have popped into the LV store and admired the LV watch case, but at over £4K it was always a product I was never going to be able to justify.

dqSl4.jpg

There has been various reps of this watch case since it was launched in 2013/2014 some very poor whilst others were actually pretty good but very expensive, as it was never going to be a huge seller as LV rep fans are far more into bags then a watch case.

LV call it a watch case, so it is mostly meant for the “I got money then sense” people of this world to take your watches on vacation with you. For most other people, it’s a nice display box where the lid stays open, which is good, as if you got big watches, once the lid closes you have a real chance of damaging the inside cloth material in the lid as there is not much space between the top of your watch and the lid.

LV explained on launch - Crafted like a trunk, the 8 Watch Case by Louis Vuitton is “watch you seek and watch you get.” Crafted in classic Monogram canvas, the case is perfect way to display and store your watches better than the drawer of a nightstand or in a cardboard box particularly while travelling. Price $6,200

I have never been a fan of the Monogram design, so when they launched the Damier Graphite canvas version in 2017 at $6,300 I started to keep a look out for a replica.

Soon on AliExpress and DHgate a few started to appear around the $300 mark, WeChat sellers were quick to say this is the crap version, and there’s another for $600 which is better. Over time it became clear that there are certainly two factories who make this box, plus one vendor who will custom make certain colour combinations using the monogram design, I will include pictures lower down.

I spoke to a few of our TD’s here and non were able to source, or just did not want to, as its out of their comfort zone, and heavy to ship so customs risk is higher, so I started searching through the WeChat handbag dealers, and came across 3 that said they could get it.

I chose one that had good feedback, and at first, she offered me the standard version that seems to be far more common, but I asked her to try to find, what I considered to be the better version.

All the WeChat use the same studio pictures that they send to customers. None have stock, they send the pictures out, and once you have paid, they source, QC and send.

If you take a look at this image from LV, there are a few things to look out for. First the number of rivets, notably on the front and sides. On the website you count 2 on the lower section, and on the sides

dqYZp.jpg

Now look at the factory shots from the less expensive model

dqaQI.jpg

3 right ��

Also, and I am not by any means an expert on LV (my only previous purchase being rep sunglasses whist enjoying the Turkish sunshine) but the brands are very protective of their logo’s and one thing you never do when crafting a box like this is cut into your logo.

You can see in this picture that the logo appears twice, and once not the full logo.

dqAZK.jpg

On another rep it is shown once

dqK9R.jpg

Also where the logo appears it should follow the same line on the side and front. In other words, you should be able to follow the same strip top to bottom and to the side and the logo is on the same line. They should all meet.

Now look at this one found online, apparently sold at £3K!, not only does it have logo’s that are cut in half, but also if you follow the logo from the front upwards, they are not even in the same line, this must be a bad fake.

dqTdo.jpg

Another rep example, this time, different colour insert.

dqqni.jpg

Now using Finerlabels as an example shows images of the more expensive version, he displays pictures that had the two rivets as I mentioned earlier and also the logo’s all matched up, but at $768, this too much for me.

dqRdv.jpg

Here is another factory shot

dqiRc.jpg

One of the Wechat sellers came back and said they could source, the price, around £310 delivered, but the inside is more grey then black, bummer but nothings perfect!

Now, my memory is not as good as it used to be, but I am still convinced the original only has 2 rivets, so I decided to go with this version, which was about £50 more than the one with 3 rivets that most sellers had, and of course the split or wrongly placed LV logos – which may be just a QC issue.

To add to the confusion, the other pictures found online claiming to be real all have 3 rivets, of course another explanation is LV are having fun with the fakers, knowing they would copy from photos from the website –. Below all claim to be real pics.

dqrfn.jpg

dqluY.jpg

dqQns.jpg

dq1XF.jpg

Or a simpler explanation is that it could simply be a running change during manufacture.

So, after sending paypal to a person in china that I will never meet or spoken to before, the fun and games begin, and boy, did this take a journey!

dqwlW.jpg

Packaging could have been much better, upon opening I found that no external shielding (bubble wrap) was used, so the corners all showed signs of being squashed.

doXtc.jpg

douD5.jpg

dovoF.jpg

dowKi.jpg

The reveal!

do41b.jpg

doMMp.jpg

doSKs.jpg

dqHhL.jpg

dqzRQ.jpg

dqjBS.jpg

dqZUW.jpg

dogbP.jpg

docTJ.jpg

dqLqv.jpg

doVqo.jpg

dqWU4.jpg

Stamped serial code, nice touch.

dobsD.jpg

With regard to dimensions, this does appear to be 1:1.

Further thoughts

Boy did this case stink when I unboxed it.

It is a little rough around the edges, few glue issues upon close inspection.

The lock position despite being central to the width, is not central to the canvas positioning, this again could be a QC issue. BTW, the lock is piss poor. I already have an issue that the dealer is helping me with.

Is the printing on the canvas good, I would say average, a quick rub, it goes a little shiny.

Are the pillows going to stand the test of time, I doubt it, in fact I thought from the pictures, the lower priced one had a better tray and pillows.

Is the inside grey colour the same as the original, I am not sure, but black inside was not available, or the purple which is another option also could not be found.

Also the material on the underside of the lid is a little loose for my liking, I will have to check on the original next time I’m traveling to see if the original is like this.

Is it worth the money? – Meh… £300ish for a box, probably not, but cmon guys it looks kinda cool ��

dqCjD.jpg

I hope you enjoyed. Oh, and for those who plan to PM me and ask which seller, comon guys research yourself thats half the fun of this hobby :lol:

As promised some other examples, apparently around $700-900USD

dI5zY.jpg

dIUYD.jpg

dILvs.jpg

Reactions: Kostiksch

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Nice review mate! That really did go round the houses on the way to the uk didn’t it. Almost the opposite of triangle shipping, pentagonal shipping! Do you reckon they’re made in saudi arabia then or is that just where they sell them from? Ive always been tempted by one of these boxes, but then i weight up a new rep i can wear or one of these... ive been using hillwood boxes for a while now, fantastic quality. They’re expensive at rrp (about £300) but sometimes on their ebay outlet they sell ones used for a photo shoot for under £100. Worth every penny.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Nice review mate! That really did go round the houses on the way to the uk didn’t it. Almost the opposite of triangle shipping, pentagonal shipping! Do you reckon they’re made in saudi arabia then or is that just where they sell them from? Ive always been tempted by one of these boxes, but then i weight up a new rep i can wear or one of these... ive been using hillwood boxes for a while now, fantastic quality. They’re expensive at rrp (about £300) but sometimes on their ebay outlet they sell ones used for a photo shoot for under £100. Worth every penny.

From what I understand, due to the heavy delays in China, they are going by another method to Saudi, then being sent on from there. I had some rep trainers come to the same route. I was told less inspections in Saudi and they don't care what goes out, as they're only interested in what's coming in - the dealers words!

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
I do not understand the purpose of sharing such an extensive review if you are not going to help people sharing the seller, at the end of the day it is a review for you

This is a we chat contact that has it available if someone wants it: Min1993BSC

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Just my english sense of humour/sarcasm my friend. Anyone wants it, just look up Linda on wechat. HG188198

Last edited:

SushiSlayer425

Looking Around
23/7/20
Hi so how much did you get this for? I'm interested in purchasing it as well! Can you give me the person in China you contacted for this? Thanks!

mosh_2k7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
28/9/10
Thanks for the extensive review of the LV 8 watch box. Ive actually got two of these boxes. One in graphite damier and one in monogram eclipse. I didn’t even realise about the cut LV logo’s on the box. Ive just checked mine and unfortunately mine has the cut LV logo’s :( I cant unsee it now!

Graphite Damier with black interior:

Monogram eclipse with black interior:

Reactions: THXuk

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
But you have a nicer interior ;-) Swings and roundabouts I guess..

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Some nice, some not so nice, lots of fantasy ones there. I guess it comes down to pricing. Plus I dont want AAA+ quality, I want AAA++++++++++ ;)

PM me a price on the red 8 box if you got it.

mosh_2k7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
28/9/10
Some nice, some not so nice, lots of fantasy ones there. I guess it comes down to pricing. Plus I dont want AAA+ quality, I want AAA++++++++++ ;)

PM me a price on the red 8 box if you got it.

I wouldn’t actually call them fantasy, because if you’ve got the money, Louis Vuitton will make any of these boxes for you. But it will cost you a lot of money!

Ive been told that these boxes are only made by one factory and are custom made. So you can decide on whatever colour you want on both the outside and the inside.

I’ll find out the price for you :)

mosh_2k7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
28/9/10
The only ones that LV wouldn't custom make, would be the red coloured boxes because of the association with Supreme. Its does look really cool though

RideInStyle

Known Member
24/4/12
Any info who is selling these boxes?

I'm looking for ages to source the red/white Supreme like watch cases.

Reactions: Poppi808

Poppi808

Looking Around
Supporter
30/5/23
Honolulu Hawaii
The only ones that LV wouldn't custom make, would be the red coloured boxes because of the association with Supreme. Its does look really cool though
Is there any of at all available? Could I get the info of the factory making them? Absolutely gorgeous cases.