• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jacob & Co. Astronomia 1st attempt

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Seems like the chinese guys have started replicating more and more complex watches. It’s obvious that this one will have a lot of flaws but who knows what the future will bring us, they have to start somewhere. Replica watches 25 years ago, or even 10 yaers ago are not the same quality and complexity that we find these days. The hope to see something better in the future is still alive

https://youtu.be/UBghdZXskXQ
https://youtu.be/4OYnrhKOS6Y

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
It certainly looks like a decent attempt on the video, think the insides are fixxed and non moving though. Would be crazy if it did haha

Vladgo

Horology Curious
2/12/18
How the movement is not work?

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

nsk2135

1/1/17
CONUS
Don't see the appeal in it...would've been interesting/exciting if the spinny things moved, but I don't think they do...So what's the point of repping something like this? I mean, to each their own, but IMO it's redeeming quality would be the complications, but without it, it's just a large chunk of glass and metal on an uncomfortable strap.

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
nope - no more information at the moment

Found some more rep pics online:

rJVA2.jpg

rJ6ld.jpg

Reactions: vcappp and d4v3

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Stuvetjee great find, the watch looks in the “acceptable” quality range judging from the photos. I wonder what will be the price range and hope to see a SS model, not a fan of gold/rose gold

Stuvetjee

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Stuvetjee great find, the watch looks in the “acceptable” quality range judging from the photos. I wonder what will be the price range and hope to see a SS model, not a fan of gold/rose gold

SS is coming aswell, saw also same pics of that. Only thing is that it isnt going to turn around like the gen. It seems that it moves like a wobble.

Reactions: vcappp

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
SS is coming aswell, saw also same pics of that. Only thing is that it isnt going to turn around like the gen. It seems that it moves like a wobble.

It would be too much if it would turn around like the gen one..

Wraithier

19/6/16
If the inside doesn't move then what is the point?

If you're going to rep something like this then give me the Van Cleef & Aprels Midnight Planétarium, make it tell the time and let me advance the planets via pushers. :rofl: