• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jacob & Co Epic II

Heisenberg

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/1/11
Okay I'm not a fan of Jacob & Co watches, or the celebs that wear their bling-bling atrocities. But a while back I tried on a gen Epic II E1C at Torneau. And I loved it. Size was just perfect and I thought the dial was great.

And look what the noobfactory has made available now:

http://www.puretimewatch.com/blog/140/

I'm impressed enough with the quality of this rep that I ordered a rubberclad with white/gray dial. I'd really prefer the ceramic dial, hopefully that will be available later and can be swapped.

lcuk

Horology Curious
19/4/11
What was the quality like ? Looking to buy one soon .Thanks

Heisenberg

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/1/11
I ordered the rubberclad with white/gray dial about a week ago, still waiting for QC photos. Will post them when they are available, with review to follow.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
I'm much interested in a wrist shot :)

Heisenberg

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/1/11
IMG_0498.JPG

This is a tough watch to photograph. It has good double AR but the dial has extreme contrast... the background has a dark 3D carbon fiber pattern - it moves when you tilt the watch which I have never seen on a rep before. The grayish areas have a mirror like finish, they can look almost black to light gray depending on the lighting and angle.

While not the favorite watch in my collection based on its design, I do think that it may be the best executed rep out of the box. It has no flaws that I see, and looks and feels basically identical to the gen which I have tried on at Torneau. Kudos to the factory, they nailed it on the first try.

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
That's a big watch, but it sure looks awesome! Very different!

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Thx for the comments, it helps a lot proving the factories can do a good job on models they know they can't sell several times : so they hit the goal the first time :)

Big watch indeed, this is what refrains me so far : can you tell us more on your wristsize, so that we know where we are ? Will my 17cm wrist be enough ?

vfsvfl

Horology Curious
25/4/11
That Epic II looks really sharp! Congrats!!

Now, would somebody PLEASE make a black/black Epic I with similar quality?

Heisenberg

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/1/11
My wrist is 7-1/4"

I'm 6'2" and 185lbs so I can get away with large watches, but 47mm is about as big as I will go... with the exception of the AP ROO T3 :)

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Thx for the info. Then it's way too big for me :(

Darthmemnoch

Renowned Member
10/9/07
That looks interesting, like something I will not wear... I would have gotten one just to commemorate the excellence in execution of this rep if not for the price... Hopefully, we will see some kind of price drop over time...

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
Nice watch, but too big.

I wonder why the rep world is so dominated by large models when the Gen world is not.

You would have thought that the Chinese would adjust to the market as a whole??

smascarinas

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/10
I think cause trend states big watches is where it's at. So every watch maker except for old fashion brands like patek's, etc... are making big watches. Even Rolex stepped up their game at 43mm. Also look at the up and coming brands. They all make watches 40+mm.

Nice watch, but too big.

I wonder why the rep world is so dominated by large models when the Gen world is not.

You would have thought that the Chinese would adjust to the market as a whole??