• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does SevenFriday P2B/03-W ‘Woody’ NFC V6F Best Edition is NWBIG?

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
The purpose of this thread is to hear some opinions about the SevenFriday P2B/03-W ‘Woody’ NFC V6F Best Edition quality and similarity to gen.

Movement: Both gen and rep powered by Miyota 82S7. This is a rare situation that you get the actual movement of the gen :)

Dial: rep on the left, gen on the right
SevenFriday P2B/03-W ‘Woody’ NFC V6F Best Edition on Brown Asso Strap Miyota 82S7
SevenFriday-P2B03-W-Woody-Limited-Edition-aBlogtoWatch-14.jpg
SevenFriday P2B/03-W ‘Woody’ NFC V6F Best Edition on Brown Asso Strap Miyota 82S7
SevenFriday-P2B03-W-Woody-Limited-Edition-aBlogtoWatch-5.jpg
IMG_0571.JPG
SevenFriday-P2B03-W-Woody-Limited-Edition-aBlogtoWatch-11.jpg

The gen lighting is much darker to it is hard to compare color (and also highly photoshopped) but i could not spot major tells/

Case: both gen and rep declare the same case size

Back case:
SevenFriday-P2B03-W-Woody-Limited-Edition-aBlogtoWatch-8.jpg

The back case is a big tell, it seems much lighter. I think it is a philosophical discussion if a back of the case should be considered as a tell at all. since it is not visible when you wear the watch (like in many other NWBIGs that the movement is different but not consider as a tell since it is not visible)

The strap:
StrapP2B03_Woody_II.png
It is hard to tell from the photos, but based on my previous experience, I belive that the strap will not be the same qulity and need to be replaced...

As a complete noob I'm not here to write an opinion but to start a discussion and to hear your opinions.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Hello. :)

Back cases have always been considered as something important. Wrong back is always considered as something important.

So, needless to say that this cannot be considered as a Super Rep if the caseback is wrong.

That being said, it's not "that" wrong.

The light did a big job on the illusion that it's too light on your pic, check here : https://puretime.io/sevenfriday-p2b...-edition-on-brown-asso-strap-miyota-82s7.html

Still clearly visible small tells everywhere on the back and some on the front too, for example the SEVEN looks a bit too bold where you can see a clear contrast on SEVEN and FRIDAY thickness on the gen.

Also, you can see there is a small issue with some of the wheels.

Check here : https://www.intime-th.com/product-page/sevenfriday-p2b-03-w-woody

You'll see that the bottom right wheel is misaligned and too thick when looked from a certain angle.

So, I think this watch is a good rep because it's not a very known model and the brand itself is not a very popular one but unfortunately, it doesn't qualify as Super Rep.

Maybe NWBIG, I don't know, I'll add it to the right category in the list.

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
Thank you for your time and response!
About the caseback - yes, the lighting has an effect, but still, it seems brighter I think. and there are other tells on the caseback, this is why i agree that it is more NWBIG than a super rep.

Regarding the font, see this image:
SF2016012701-02_enl.JPG
You can clearly see the font difference. But I can't say if this is exactly like the gen...

And regarding the bottom right wheel - can you point it out in the pictures? I can't see it

Thanks again,

Last edited:

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Forget about the wheel, it's hard to tell, I've checked other pictures I don't see it, I think the intime one had a flaw.

We need comparison. :) Let's say it's probably NWBIG right now and way for more feedback.

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
I consider this model to be definitely a super rep due to the materials used and the RFID chip present within the case. If both of these are discounted, I still consider it a NWBIG model ...

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
I consider this model to be definitely a super rep due to the materials used and the RFID chip present within the case. If both of these are discounted, I still consider it a NWBIG model ...

As far as I know (I asked a TD about it, i don't have the watch... yet :)) the NFC is not working.

ScousePete

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/18
This is more of a philosophical question, but given the price of the gen is around $1000 and the rep is around $330, is it worth buying the rep? Especially knowing that all features (NFC) will not work with the rep. I think when the prices are so close I personally would save up for the gen.

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
I tend to think if you really, really want it, its probably worth buying the gen. This generation of Miyota reps will likely have a crash and burn moment, so there is something to be said for waiting out the fog of current hype ...