• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Longines Master Collection Moonphase Gen VS Rep (JF) (Note: Pics Heavy!)

PlastikMan

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
3/8/17
Thinking about selling my gen and get this rep

D

d4m.test

Hi guys,

@Nanook65
So, for which factory did you went? JF or YL?

I'm considering the exact same watch.
Cheers
José

mr.minhghi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/17
Looks like TW do the job really close to gen. Last thing they never can fix is date font. A really nice piece anyway

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
Why PM? Post it here for everyone who'll be visiting this thread in the future as well.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Hi @Nanook65,

Can you please post the link from where did you get it?

Was it from a TD?

If you prefer you can PM me.

Thanks

Cheers

My experience has been that with most reps any TD can get the same watch. If the watch has been out for a while and isn't super popular you might find that it is difficult to find and maybe 1 of 5 TD's can get it for you.

With this particular watch I didn't have trouble getting it. Mary was the only one that I asked for a quote.

I bought it from Mary. She is not a TD here, but is over at RWG under the name marywatches. She does not have a web site, but is very responsive to e-mail. Here is hers: [email protected] I started over there and have bought many watches from her with excellent results.

D

d4m.test

My experience has been that with most reps any TD can get the same watch. If the watch has been out for a while and isn't super popular you might find that it is difficult to find and maybe 1 of 5 TD's can get it for you.

With this particular watch I didn't have trouble getting it. Mary was the only one that I asked for a quote.

I bought it from Mary. She is not a TD here, but is over at RWG under the name marywatches. She does not have a web site, but is very responsive to e-mail. Here is hers: [email protected] I started over there and have bought many watches from her with excellent results.

Thanks @Nanook65

I followed your lead and ordered one for my self, also from Mary.

I'll keep a purchase diary here at RWI.

Cheers

D

d4m.test

Would you be kind enough to tell me reasons why you say YL version is better than TWs? From the pics TW versions seems to be made with more detail and care. Such as closest to gen moonphase and font size etc.
Thanks

Sent from the RWI mobile app

TW is small but very precise.

Sent from the RWI App

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Is there a working self-winding version of this replica? Or is the A7751 movement hand-wound only? Such two replicas I have (from YL and J factory) are hand-wound only.

Super61

Horology Curious
17/12/18
In fact sorry should be YL or TW instead of JF haha (JF moonphase for this is definitely out). Reason being TW is probably new and unheard of (so you don't know their quality), not sure if all TD can get it too. YL/JF is more known IMO. I have heard that at least YL moonphase is working. Not much info on TW one article so far and those pics so far, but never hurt to try haha. Most chinese are promoting the YL apparently too and I remember the article that time the author saying the YL sells better. But take it with a pinch of salt haha.

You say “JF moonphase is out”, do you mean it is out of position compared to gen or it’s not working? If I understand correctly the JF version has an A7751 movement which should include a moonphase at 6 o’clock position.. and the store I want to buy the JF version from said it is working like genuine.

RepDC633

Horology Curious
5/7/20
This is old, but thank you so much. This is the exact watch I'm looking for!

MrElevate

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/2/20
Great thread, I am definitely after one of these. Can find them on trusty time and pure time but they don't post the factory so am flying blind a little bit...will ask a TD maybe

Wolex

7/2/20
This thread although a little bit old, its still very relevant to many rep likely buyers for longines moonphase like myself. Anyone know which is the best version for this watch now in 2020? I see there are GSF and GLF factory now so what is the best now?

ComNero

16/5/19
This thread although a little bit old, its still very relevant to many rep likely buyers for longines moonphase like myself. Anyone know which is the best version for this watch now in 2020? I see there are GSF and GLF factory now so what is the best now?

Interested too

Wolex

7/2/20
Anyone knows? Looks like there are a few of us... might have to ask a TD but generally better if we can get the info from forum users especially from these who owns one

Reactions: chrgod and ComNero

Ohms76

Horology Curious
23/11/18
Try Li from JTime. I bought one from him late last year.

PXL-20201202-100827758.jpg

8jQZLsQv

Last edited: