• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vintage Omega Seamaster back in stock!

WeirdWatchGuy

Horology Curious
17/7/20
NeAmnWv.jpg

ZrXN4dN.jpg

dO4iCdy.jpg

This DHgate shitter have the asymmetrical case shape but everything else is wrong :(

Edit: I can't insert the imgur pictures so here's the link to the album
https://imgur.com/a/CCRq5Hk

Last edited:

tristero

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/4/20
Got mine in yesterday. I need to check a few things as mine was ordered in June.

Could someone upload a lume shot of theirs? It would be much appreciated.

muggs

Known Member
12/9/19
London
What if the order is large enough? Like maybe 50 to 100 preorders?

I was thinking similar though through a different route.

The drawings for the case and bezel are freely available on this site:

https://www.omegaseamaster300.com

And given that a non 1:1 Vietnam case costs about $650

Then if I could get someone to turn the drawings into a 3D render I recon it wouldn’t cost as much to have the case made via cnc prototyping.

If 10 of us wanted cases I’m sure it could be done for less than $6500, even if minimum order is 100.

The case back and crown wouldn’t necessarily need to be done as they can come from existing suppliers gen or rep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muggs

Known Member
12/9/19
London
What if the order is large enough? Like maybe 50 to 100 preorders?

I was thinking similar though through a different route.

https://www.omegaseamaster300.com

Then if I could get someone to turn the drawings into a 3D render I recon it wouldn’t cost as much to have the case made via cnc prototyping.

If 10 of us wanted cases I’m sure it could be done for less than $6500, even if minimum order is 100.

The case back and crown wouldn’t necessarily need to be done as they can come from existing suppliers gen or rep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stufuse

WeirdWatchGuy

Horology Curious
17/7/20

I've seen the drawing, the case thickness needs to change a little to fit eta 2836 / 2824.

I can get a really nice Patek rep for that price :)

Yea its possible, I've seen the price of those stainless steel blocks and the machining process will total around 100 usd at most.
The price I estimate does not include polishing.

Possible but the CNC process have to be accurate.

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
Anyone order one of these recently? I'm suspecting they may be discontinued. If so, I guess its M2M sales.

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
Anyone order one of these recently? I'm suspecting they may be discontinued. If so, I guess its M2M sales.
Dunno but if you can’t find one let me know I still haven’t even opened mine from the Sead packaging yet from last year (forgot about it) and I guess I don’t really need 3 of them (2 custom Strodda ones).

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
Dunno but if you can’t find one let me know I still haven’t even opened mine from the Sead packaging yet from last year (forgot about it) and I guess I don’t really need 3 of them (2 custom Strodda ones).

You've got my attention. lol. Which version?