• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Seamaster Diver 300M Blue Rose Gold VSF 1:1 A8801

tuxified

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/10/19
Anyone digging the full rose gold case with the rose gold rotor recently uploaded to the TDs? It looks like a gem but I'm just concerned with any fully plated watch lasting.

chubbychaser911

31/10/19
I just ordered the gold bezel version. I have the same misgivings about a fully plated watch case. However, my buddy who has the ARF two tone submariner has been fine. I also am getting the gold bezel stainless case version because I'm strongly considering this one in genuine and want to test drive on the wrist for an extended period.

Reactions: Lfaustino2

Kingk

26/12/18
Show us some photos

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

tuxified

9/10/19
I just ordered the gold bezel version. I have the same misgivings about a fully plated watch case. However, my buddy who has the ARF two tone submariner has been fine. I also am getting the gold bezel stainless case version because I'm strongly considering this one in genuine and want to test drive on the wrist for an extended period.

Did you get the rose gold or the yellow gold? The rose gold with black dial and stainless case looks nice too.

chubbychaser911

31/10/19
The rose gold on black dial. Just got the QC pics and green lighted it today. I tried this on at an AD and fell in love.

tuxified

9/10/19
I would usually go for rose gold plated bezels in a heartbeat but its the full case that worries me incase of constant rubbing against the skin etc. Some people on the forum have speculated that its acutally around 2m plating instead of 5

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
There are of course concerns that the gold plating may wear off, as with any rep...

Some users on the forum such as Nikz19 provide gold plating services too, so if it starts fading off, it's not the end of the road!

Anyways, I placed my order as soon as it hit the TD's website and just received the QC pics for mine:

Thanks for the tag pal!
Such a nice piece you got here :)

Reactions: romeospadre

tuxified

9/10/19
Oh my got its beautiful. I may have to bite the bullet after those QC pics. Im probably going to have to live with the fact that the only way to make the plating last is to not sweat in the watch haha.

Reactions: micksmith1987

Lfaustino2

Horology Curious
3/5/19

This looks very good.
I'm waiting for the blue rose gold, ordered from Andrew, It must be arriving.
I really love the blue on rose gold.
9f31610d1f1d0d14eb3937d8b121469b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lfaustino2

Horology Curious
3/5/19
There are of course concerns that the gold plating may wear off, as with any rep...

Some users on the forum such as Nikz19 provide gold plating services too, so if it starts fading off, it's not the end of the road!

Anyways, I placed my order as soon as it hit the TD's website and just received the QC pics for mine:

This looks very good.
I'm waiting for the blue rose gold, ordered from Andrew, It must be arriving.
I really love the blue on rose gold
643a9d767d3f5377fb14b67e673ad193.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TidusKun

Renowned Member
28/9/19
R Factory
Oh my got its beautiful. I may have to bite the bullet after those QC pics. Im probably going to have to live with the fact that the only way to make the plating last is to not sweat in the watch haha.

It will depend how often you wear it too. I've seen people say theirs with daily wear for a year, two years without issue (and any plating face will be on the watch back anyway.

For me personally, I like to rotate my watches often, so fingers crossed it lasts a hot minute. The one other RG I currently have in the collection has been with me for years with only a little signs of wear.

​​​​​

apbreit

3/9/18
UK
I've just ordered the Black/Rose Gold with bracelet plus additional black rubber strap.

I've had numerous other plated reps before and all have worn well with no signs of fading.

tuxified

9/10/19
Thats good to hear. I dont plan on daily beating it as I have a couple watches coming in from the TDs within the month. Definitely going to be the piece that stands out the most thats forsure.

apbreit

3/9/18
UK
FYI (if you're interested in seeing how gold plating holds up on a decent quality rep)

Here's a plated watch I've had for a few years (ZF Pilot's Spitfire Chronograph Rose Gold). As you can see it's still like new. It's not worn daily but it does get worn.

IMG-20200423-104005.jpg

IMG-20200423-103948.jpg

tuxified

9/10/19
FYI (if you're interested in seeing how gold plating holds up on a decent quality rep)

Here's a plated watch I've had for a few years (ZF Pilot's Spitfire Chronograph Rose Gold). As you can see it's still like new. It's not worn daily but it does get worn.

Thats a beautiful watch thanks for sharing and reaffirming my bad habits to purchase more watches damn haha.

Reactions: Dissemination