• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does it look gen to you?

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
Hi folks,
So, I've always wanted the Spectre watch but the pricetag on the ones available on Chrono24 is ridiculous. This week I was offered this one for approx. 5k but it comes with no box nor papers. Unfortunately, I don't have an option to take it to AD before buying. What do you guys think?
Thank you!

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Already mentioned - but it is a rep.

The regulator on the balance bridge gives it away if nothing else did it already.

Reactions: micksmith1987

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
Thank you, gentlemen, as always: if sth seems too good to be true, it probably is!

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą RWI

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Nice work chaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
So to give you some context. I am in Mexico for work now and they have here a pretty famous national pawnshop (actually a chain) - everything is certified, audited, non-for-profit operations, kinda like a charity (tienda monte de piedad), all in all seems pretty legit and they have a very good reputation. So a friend of mine let me know about this piece and it is available for $4.9k USD. So it means that either the charity got the rep super cheap and wants to rip people off, or it was ripped off big time.

Nice catch with the lever on the bridge. To me the thing that looked suspicious was the sels/gaps between the lugs and sels. Well done!