• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to replace the insert of a crpo 42 VSF?

Rogers

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/10/10
I have the latest 42mm 8500 clone crpo from VS Factory. But I lost the cap on the pearl and now the pearl is kind of empty. So I received from Sead (truly the best dealer around), a new insert for it.
But now the problem for me, how to replace it? I think it is a easy fix, but don't know how. Is there a DIY video somewhere and what tools are needed? Can anyone help me a little bit? Thanks in advance :)

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Option 1 - remove a whole bezel and then press out the old insert and re-glue new insert. Tho it was a true pain to remove a bezel from mine vsf po so this might not be the easiest option.
Option 2 - keep the bezel and use a hairdryer to heat up the insert, thne remove the old insert with a toothtick.

Rogers

15/10/10
Option 1 - remove a whole bezel and then press out the old insert and re-glue new insert. Tho it was a true pain to remove a bezel from mine vsf po so this might not be the easiest option.
Option 2 - keep the bezel and use a hairdryer to heat up the insert, thne remove the old insert with a toothtick.

Thx. For option 1, I don't have any kind experience for doing this, so I don't know how to... option 2, sounds very easy I will give it a try.

And which glue to use for place the new insert?

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Epoxy glue will give a solid bound.

Rogers

15/10/10
Did heat up the insert, but it is impossible to put a toothpick between the insert and bezel. Almost every toothpick will break.
And what is the best way to remove the complete bezel, without damaging the case? Any advise? Thx!

Last edited:

Rogers

15/10/10
a small update here, I didn't succeed to replace the insert. To heat it up and then replace it is almost impossible to do. Then after watching some YT video's I decided to whip the bezel whit a strong sharp knife and scratched the case after to much force and slid :(

Now I am looking for someone in the Netherlands to replace it and to do something whit the made scratch I did. I will pay of course.

Last edited:

freetobefree

Horology Curious
13/11/19
Curious how you make out. I also have a OmegA crpo 42 which according to Puretime has a misaligned bezel flaw (thus they will not help as,it's clear in the photos on the home page of the watch...which is true). It's driving me nuts. I've also tried with care to remove the bezel but it is a challenge. Also tried heating to simply shift or lift with no luck. I have not damaged the watch and plan to bring in to a watch smith. Let me know how you fair and I'll do the same.

Last edited:

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
a small update here, I didn't succeed to replace the insert. To heat it up and then replace it is almost impossible to do. Then after watching some YT video's I decided to whip the bezel whit a strong sharp knife and scratched the case after to much force and slid :(

Now I am looking for someone in the Netherlands to replace it and to do something whit the made scratch I did. I will pay of course.

Speak to Natas78

Rogers

15/10/10
Curious how you make out. I also have a OmegA crpo 42 which according to Puretime has a misaligned bezel flaw (thus they will not help as,it's clear in the photos on the home page of the watch...which is true). It's driving me nuts. I've also tried with care to remove the bezel but it is a challenge. Also tried heating to simply shift or lift with no luck. I have not damaged the watch and plan to bring in to a watch smith. Let me know how you fair and I'll do the same.

I think indeed the only option is bring it to a watchsmith whit proper tools to do it. Because as soon mine insert is replaced the watch itself need to be pollished.

I will , thank you is he Dutch?

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
He is in NL or BE, I do not remember