• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster Professional GMT 600M ZrO2 - RED vs BLACK / Strap GEN vs. REP

neospike911

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
30/11/18
Hey folks,

Hope you are all well.

So being a big fan of Ceramic Omega's, I decided to make this short comparison guide with comments.

I hope this will help someone to decide which one you want to go for.

Things we are going to compare in this guide:

1. VSF Ceramic 600M BLACK/RED vs. VSF Ceramic 600M DEEP BLACK

2. GEN vs. REP rubber strap for those models.

Lets go.

I have 2 VSF reps atm: black/gloss and black/red

Red came from very first batch by December 2018, and black is from second(or even third) batch, came 2 weeks ago.

On the pictures below, RED model has GEN strap installed, and BLACK has default REP strap.

Both watches made from high-grade ceramic and by the same, very best factory - VSF.

So what's the case then?

Basically, one of the biggest differences, is case finishing and dial.

Lets have a look on the picture below:

Black has shiny glossy dial, bezel and case, while Red has brushed greyish case, bezel, looks like brushed Ti and matte dial(which also very beautiful IMO)

This Omega reps are very popular and known as 1st class / NWBIG reps with very few flaws on it.

Lets take a closer look on the flaws then, since, surprisingly, those models has different flaws:

So as you can see, crown logo on black model is gen-like(liquid metal technology), while red one's crown logo is engraved.

HOWEVER. Both of those reps has biggest flaw - bezel marks laser-engraved, while gen using liquid metal technology.

And this is moment where is RED one shines bright - using gen-like brushed finishing, engravings can be barely seen on it, while its very obvious and clear on glossy bezel.

Here is more side to side pictures for you:

Another important thing: Red model rep strap color is slightly different from gen, along with fact, that rep has much softer rubber than gen.

Considering this, we assume that color-wise, black model will be more gen-like OOTB. (black is black tho)

Talking about straps - this is another biggest flaw in those reps.

Being very well made, soft-touch and comfortable, REP strap has completely wrong texture.

While GEN, having very precisious detalization, always looks and feels like rich fancy nylon, REP is just RUBBER. Even from far distance, seriously.

So think about it.

Here is Side-to-side comparison of Red GEN and REP straps. GEN installed on watch, REP aside.

I was actually thought that would be impossible to get gen strap, until I found that Dubai official Omega store is selling all kind of straps without any watch documents.

GEN strap cost is approx. 300 USD

I hope this small guide will help you to decide which beauty going to settle on your wrist - BLACK or RED.

And remember, brothers - VSF ALL THE WAY.

Seriously, dont waste your money for anything else in Omega reps.

PS. This guide is only about differences and flaws in rep models. If you want me to do closer look on overall quality - let me know.

Peace.

Reactions: obrienk

obrienk

Renowned Member
15/7/07
useful, thanks! as soon as they get the deep black bezel right, i'm in.

Last edited:

ianh101

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/1/19
I'm looking to get one of these very soon, so this has been very informative, thanks.

The black bezel model in particular looks stunning.

Madcap

Known Member
2/10/17
Great read. I have the black and am thinking of getting the entz model

AstroAvia

Renowned Member
29/8/08
BRAZIL
Very informative thread. Thank you very much for the time you spent to share your observations with us!

I have the black/blue version of the 600m and love the looks of it.

Regarding the strap, my only complaint is how it attaches to the clasp. I find it very difficult to release the strap whenever I want to adjust its length, and every time I do it feels like the strap borders/edges will be severely damaged.

tim03

Known Member
8/1/19
United Kingdom
Many thanks for your time in writing this up. I too have the red GMT PO and am finding the rep strap is loosing its shape the more I wear it. Other than the strap as you point out in your post, it’s a great time piece!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI