• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gone gen with a Seamaster 300M black dial

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
I couldn't resist any longer after seeing these models at the AD, went for the black dial, it just looked so good.
Still love my VSF gray dial but haven't decided whether to keep it or sell it (I might need the money now) ;)
IMG-6333.jpg

IMG-6335.jpg

IMG-6336.jpg

IMG-6337.jpg

T&E

I'm Pretty Popular
16/9/18
This watch is one of the best into omega lineup

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
Show us some pics in sunlight! Great purchase, congrats!

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Enjoy it. I had one when they first got released but the large white bezel numbers bothered me so I sold it!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ferax

Supporter
Certified
17/12/17
Pietros bloody good shots! Now we can see the beauty of the dial. Simply simply lovely...

Reactions: Pietros

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
Pietros bloody good shots! Now we can see the beauty of the dial. Simply simply lovely...

Thanks, I wasn't sure the black dial would have the different looks depending on angle and light-that was what first drew me to the gray dial but this does indeed have multiple looks, I am very happy.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Lovely watch, congrats mate, wear it in good health!

It's just those pics on the rock..with the bracelet..a disaster waiting to happen.. I got goose bumps all over my OCD infested body.. :black_eyed:

How much are these where you live? They're 4500€ over here, but they'd let it go for 3600€..This is the very first watch I've considered going gen at this price range. I just love it!

How does the rep "feel" compared to gen? I mean bezel action and stuff. Is it much worse?

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
Lovely watch, congrats mate, wear it in good health!

It's just those pics on the rock..with the bracelet..a disaster waiting to happen.. I got goose bumps all over my OCD infested body.. :black_eyed:

How much are these where you live? They're 4500€ over here, but they'd let it go for 3600€..This is the very first watch I've considered going gen at this price range. I just love it!

How does the rep "feel" compared to gen? I mean bezel action and stuff. Is it much worse?

Ha! it was quite safe.
It was £3600.

It feels very similar but more substantial, the bracelet has no lateral movement, it’s silent when I shake the watch.

The rotor is quieter but my VSF is pretty quiet too.

Bezel action is the biggest difference, much more precise and a nicer click sound.

The lume is slightly better but again, not by a huge margin.

The dial ‘pops’ far more in natural light and the indices look slightly taller, giving more of that wonderful 3D effect.

The watch is absolutely beautiful and I’ll cherish it but hats off to VSF for producing such a great rep at the first attempt!

Sent from the RWI App

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Pietros Thank you for your insightful reply, I appreciate it. I'll probably do the same, get a rep of the black one, see if we bond and then visit the AD. There's no other way.. ;)

Reactions: Pietros

Lt4-396

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/1/19
Wow I never realized how much that dial plays with the light. Can you see the "waves" as clearly on the rep vs gen when under the sun/lighting?

the TD pics truly do not do this watch justice.

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
Wow I never realized how much that dial plays with the light. Can you see the "waves" as clearly on the rep vs gen when under the sun/lighting?

the TD pics truly do not do this watch justice.

My gray dial VSF looks great in natural light too but the contrasts aren't quite as pronounced as the black dial gen-maybe it's the crystal or the AR coating, I'm not sure.