• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

POLL : Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean VSF - I NEED YOU!

POLL : Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean VSF - I NEED YOU!

• A: Super Rep NWBIG

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • B: First Class NWBIG

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • C: Great rep but that's it

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • D: Just a good rep.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • E: I'm a retard, ignore my vote.

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Hey everyone.

PLEASE. Only vote if you consider yourself at least as an Omega enthusiast and have GREAT EXPERIENCE with Omega Reps, and this model in particular.

DO NOT VOTE IF YOU DON'T KNOW. PLEASE.

I need to know your opinion on this watch : Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 45.5 / 42mm (CrPO) VSF (8500 Super Clone)
Some people seem to think it has its place here : https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...sion/308081-consensual-list-super-reps-nwbigs

If you vote, please tell us why you voted that. What are the flaws, if any, in your opinion? Why should it/shouldn't it be a Super Rep / NWBIG.

Thank you very much.

Since choices are limited in length, please refer to this:

A: Super Rep NWBIG, an Omega expert would likely not see the difference unless he has 5 mins and a magnifying glass
B: First Class NWBIG. Tells are acceptable, only an expert would spot them without a magnifying glass but it would take minutes.
C: Great rep but any Omega expert would spot the flaws quickly without a magnifying glass.
D: Just a good rep. Let me explain why in my answer below.
E: To the trash (and I'm dumb, please don't take my vote into consideration)

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
Voted super rep but there is one flaw which is date change starts at 10ish and not instant like gen.

Chemicalz

Renowned Member
27/2/15
Its a first class but no more, if someone with a basic knowledge on omegas new movements takes a look at the balance wheel then he will easily spot the differences
this goes for all the vsf omega reps

Nba94

Horology Curious
22/5/18
On rubber on the wrist it could be a super rep. There are no flaws in the front of the watch.

The metal bracelet is the biggest tell as it does not sit flush near the SEL's.

When you hand over the watch to an expert, they will know it is a rep.

Bezel sound on rotating should be a little deeper.

you can see the normal escapement in the clone movement. Gen has the co-axial escapement.

Date change is wrong and you can not quick set the date.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk

obrienk

Renowned Member
15/7/07
If you get one with the Au750 stamp on the back then it’s an instant tell.

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
I really don't get the member who voted NWBIG just because of end links and au750 engravings.

The first is proven to be also in gens, with many pics shared to show this, it's just a matter of wrist size and how tight you wear it. mech500 maybe you can come in help with this.
The second is just a flaw that can be fixed through QC.

Seeing escapement thought the back? I doubt there are many Omega lovers in the world that know exacly how a coaxial escapement looks like and they can spot it without a loupe.

And for the gens there is not quick set date but independent adjustable hour hand. Search more before writing please.

And talking about the small different things you can see throught the open caseback, they are not relevant enough to make it not be a super rep. If we think in this way then no rep is a super rep.
For example the pam111 is years that is considered a super rep and if you check the movement through the caseback you can see a different shaped swan neck, a shorter micrometric screw, wheels not polished , which are differences way bigger than the omega VSF.

I seriously believe some members should buy gens more and change their vote.

I always thought that super reps means reps that can be hardly spotted without having lot of time and a loupe, not reps that can fool a watchsmith or omega service center.

Peace.

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Voted. This watch from VRF is really great looking. NWBIG.

Stuntman81

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/16
It's a great rep for sure but if you have a half decent knowledge of movements it's pretty obvious right away that it's not gen. Having said that I do feel it justifies the 'NWBIG' label - certainly it's satisfied my desire for a PO.

Now a speedy on the other hand..

I voted C btw and stand by it. As per the wording 'Great rep but any Omega expert would spot the flaws quickly without a magnifying glass'.

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Omagad

If this is the definition of NWBIG
First Class NWBIG. Tells are acceptable, only an expert would spot them without a magnifying glass but it would take minutes.
I think that many of the watches classified as NWBIG should be removed, for example I refuse to think that a Noob or Arf submariner which have flaws everywhere, in colour bezel, sel, cyclop, crystal can be in the same category of this omega.
It takes 10 secs to spot a sub rep for an expert.
And for expert I refer to someone who has owned many gens and is familiar with those.

Just my honest opinion.

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
It sounds like quite few here haven't seen the genuine Planet Ocean with 8500 movement in real life.

1* the genuine Omega 8500 don't have instant date change. And the VSF clones are quite dry from oil when they leave china so after properly adjusting and oiling the date jumper mechanism it change exactly as my genuine.

*2 The genuine 8500 don't offer quick set of the date it's set forward by jumping the hour hand "GMT style" this is 1:1 compared between genuine and VSF.

*3 the VSF dial print, DW and hands have very minor differences compared to the genuine. But without a genuine side by side this won't be noticed even by a skilled Omega watchmaker (unless they are hardcore RWI members)

*4 the escapement and balance on the clone movements is the only "flaw" or tell that will be simple to find.

total impressions are that they are a great buy and well worth the money.

*ps this is for the first batch without the AU750 stamp on lugs...

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Omagad

If this is the definition of NWBIG
First Class NWBIG. Tells are acceptable, only an expert would spot them without a magnifying glass but it would take minutes.
I think that many of the watches classified as NWBIG should be removed, for example I refuse to think that a Noob or Arf submariner which have flaws everywhere, in colour bezel, sel, cyclop, crystal can be in the same category of this omega.
It takes 10 secs to spot a sub rep for an expert.
And for expert I refer to someone who has owned many gens and is familiar with those.

Just my honest opinion.

Of course, I'm saying an expert would spot its a fake in minutes WITHOUT having any reason to think its a fake in the first place.

If I follow your logic, almost no watch can be either First Class or Super Rep, because if you give almost any Super Rep to an expert an tell him "is that a fake one ?", he will find something.

When I say it would take minutes, it means: he won't suspect right away, it will look gen at first look, and then he might see something wrong, start investigating and discover that it is a rep.

In that matter, I must disagree with you. ARF and Noobs ARE absolutely NWBIG, just check at video comparisons, even the Noob V7 was awesome already, many experts on YouTube showing how hard it is for them to see the difference without watching closely or playing with it or even magnifying it.

One last thing, subs are an exception here. We all know (I mean this community) subs much better than most "experts" or "AD workers" know. We've been so obsessed with small details that we're not being realistic anymore. Really. The true subs experts are on this forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: supaflynig

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
C omega expert can tell in 4 seconds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T&E

I'm Pretty Popular
16/9/18
Imo this planet ocean it's better than any sub. Don't forget sub is one of more famous watch in the world and many people are able to recognize a sub instead a po

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 4X utilizzando Tapatalk

Omagad

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/16
Super Reps Temple
Imo this planet ocean it's better than any sub. Don't forget sub is one of more famous watch in the world and many people are able to recognize a sub instead a po

I agree 100%, but that doesn't mean we should remove subs from the NWBIG list.

This PO have been added to First Class list.

Thanks everyone.

Reactions: Jammydodger79

T&E

I'm Pretty Popular
16/9/18
I agree 100%, but that doesn't mean we should remove subs from the NWBIG list.

Yes, I think that too

Elias T.

Looking Around
3/1/19
I vote B. I'm owner of the watch and I'm very impressed of the VSF quality...

Commache-run

Horology Curious
25/8/16
Voted B. Great rep and reliable movement(after one month). Somehow, the maker seems always did something wrong on purpose. Eg: the pearl pip.