• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OMEGA SPECTRE MKF (review and photos)

inkyzz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/8/18
Hello everyone I will present a small review of the last purchase I made at TRUSTY.

First of all I would like to thank Andrew from TRUSTY for his patience and his seriousness for the different exchanges we have them to have the MKF version of the SPECTRE (which has been put to his catalog recently).

Link : http://www.trustytime.biz/index.php?...dfb1a1a6ff9625

Originally I wanted to take the VS/V6 version of the SPECTRE, but after long search and have browsed many lines of reading on the forums, and by the lack of stock at different TD's I decided to take the MKF version of the SPECTRE.

A big thank you also to LAPAVEL and MECH500 who well fed the forums on this choice.

That being done, let's move on to serious matters.

In this article, we will not talk about the movement that is an A2824-2 with a decoration and that is proven in many of our rep.

Regarding polishing, it's just amazing, the claps and bracelet is very close to gen and very heavy.

In short, externally speaking, this MKF is the closest to the GEN version.

Before wearing it and taking pictures, I placed the bracelet in the ultrasonic bath and the watch was finely cleaned with a small miracle product, the WristClean Watch Spray produced by VERAET. (with true microfiber drying)

Regarding the nato, he went to the washing machine placed in a small net with softener at 30 ° for 30 minutes.

After all, it shows a beautiful watch.

Note 1 : do not hesitate to come back to me to make this review even more complete to help others make up their minds.

Note 2 : All photos taken was made with an iPhone X without retouching.

Note 3 : Other photos will come when I will have a little more time.

Full specification:

Reference : OMG0561 (TRUSTY)

Brand : OMEGA

Model : Seamaster 007 Spectre Ltd. Edn (Ultimate version)

Factory : MKF

Movement : Asia 2824-2 with Decorated Rotor & Bridges / Plates like Omega Caliber 8400 (very accurate amplitude 330° +/- 1sec/day)

Hack movement : Yes

Crystal : Domed, scratch-resistant crystal sapphire with anti-reflective treatment inside with color less (Swiss Grade)

Case material : Steel 316F

Case diameter : 41mm

Case thickness : 15mm

Case back : Transparent display case back with detailed engraving (smooth and low domed)

Between lugs : 21mm (you can put 22mm straps with curved springs bars)

Dial Color : Black Dial with Stick & Numerals Markers with nice grain very close to the gen (Swiss Grade Superlume Applied for the Dial markers)

Dial date : No

Bezel : Swiss Grade Black Ceramic Bezel (Bi-Directional) smooth and very nice ' clic ‘ , all markers are visibles in all condition light

Bracelet : Steel 316F Bracelet with Buckle Deployant (With all correct markings)

Claps type : NATO Strap in Gray / Black with Tang Buckle, beautiful and very flexible (With all correct markings)

Water resistant : 220 meters (22 bar) tested with dry proof meter

Photos being uploaded...

062e71e7ca316def02d6184df0880113.jpg

9e6a7784586d6f50abb37c93a31342b9.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Excellent looking watch and thanks for posting this review.

Wear it well!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glaize

Horology Curious
10/4/15
Front pictures in natural light would be appreciated, difficult to judge with this orange background. And it would be cool to see it face up.

Glaize

Horology Curious
10/4/15
Thank you ! But I still really don't know which is the best, and you don't own the 2 models :/
What about the lume, is it strong ? Could we see it ?

Glaize

Horology Curious
10/4/15
Looks good, but I think that only the one who owns the 2 can tell which is the best, don't you think ?

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Looks good, but I think that only the one who owns the 2 can tell which is the best, don't you think ?

Frankly you'd have to have a one to one comparison as you say, holding both in your hand to spot the differences. As for my untrained eye, I cannot see even the so called difference in size of the bezel ring. I went with VSF because of the movement, which is quite fantastic by the way, every time I see that rotor spin, I smile. Happy with my purchase in the end. I held the gen in an AD recently and I don´t think any of the two models are totally spot on, but very very close indeed.

Reactions: vcappp

Glaize

Horology Curious
10/4/15
Thank you leo and inkyzz, it will be very difficult to me to make a choice, maybe I will wait they correct "jewets". How could they do that ?

Reactions: vcappp

Glaize

Horology Curious
10/4/15
I just asked Andrew for advices... Which is the best for him, let's see...

Glaize

Horology Curious
10/4/15
I asked to Chazing why it's better : It’s because the VSF version has clone movement which is similar to the gen .
Andrew from Trusty said :
I will say its the VS (V6) Factory edition. Their case, strap is better quality.

So it's seems that the VS6F is better on almost everything, right ring circle on the bezel doesn't do everything...