Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

My Noob crpo just ate itself

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Noob crpo just ate itself

As the title says, my 2 months old Noob crpo just ate one of its wheels. The back cryatal is full of golden dust, and it stops every 5 minutes.

Has any of you had the same problem ? I guess it's not fixable, so i think i will order a VSF crpo.

See this link for a picture: https://m.imgur.com/a/U3ZinCM

You forgot to feed it? =))

Comment

Looks like the automatic winding mechanism was not properly lubed, resulting in ground off teeth on the ratchet wheel. You'll need to replace the movement.
      RWI SUPPORTER

Comment

How much is a movement And where to source one?

Comment

It's an eta clone, either a 2824 or 2836-can't tell from the pic. A new one should run about $75. You can source one on eBay from: "bosshua007", "carbinet2009", "bjbjcs"

Sent from my iPhone using RWI
          RWI SUPPORTER

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

a2836-2 is like $80 on ebay

Comment

I have a similar issue with 2824 which stopped due toe dropping the watch on hard floor. Are these ebay movements ready to go i.e. straight swap rather than service + swap?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenGrocer View Post
                  I have a similar issue with 2824 which stopped due toe dropping the watch on hard floor. Are these ebay movements ready to go i.e. straight swap rather than service + swap?
                  The movements I've purchased from the sellers I listed have arrived clean, oiled and ready to go- but I always make it a point to service the auto wind module before using as this seems to be a common source of problems with clone movements, I do this service on the movements in my new reps as well.
                  RWI SUPPORTER

Comment

Hor-Fan Great, thanks for the info!

Comment

Do you service your watches by yourself or do you take them to a watch smith?

Is this something that's easy enough? I got a few rep watches but I never service any of them yet. I guess I'll have to service them sooner or later...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by iamket View Post
                        Do you service your watches by yourself or do you take them to a watch smith?

Is this something that's easy enough? I got a few rep watches but I never service any of them yet. I guess I'll have to service them sooner or later...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
                        I service mine myself, easy enough if you have the right tools and know what you're doing. Otherwise, look for a rep-friendly watch smith to do the work.
                        RWI SUPPORTER

Comment

Update: just ordered a VSF crpo.

I may try to change the movement in the Noob later ok. Or use it for spares

Comment

Working...
                          X