• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF will release 4 Crpo with their 8500 super clone movement

1848Bochum

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/6/16
I've got QC pics from Intime a minute ago. Now it looks as if the orange 42mm watches are affected as well with the AU750 engraving on the backside!

GaalDoma

11/3/18
I've got QC pics from Intime a minute ago. Now it looks as if the orange 42mm watches are affected as well with the AU750 engraving on the backside!

Thanks for letting us know! Valuable information. I hope they will fix it early next year.

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
Why do you guys care so much about this engraving issue???

I just don't get it to be honest.. no one's ever going to see that and your looking at the face .

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: seedeetee

1848Bochum

29/6/16
I'm afraid it's important to me. Why should I wear a steel watch with "GOLD" engraving? I have a Panerai 372 Noob, which I wear daily and where the misprint "Caliber 3000 / Swiss made" is on the movement. Who knows the watch, knows what I mean. That does not disturb in daily use, but I know that it is there and clouds me a little the joy.
In addition, I have chosen the VSF CRPO because it is quite perfect. So I transfer my money to the dealer hoping to get a perfect one. And so it annoys me when I get a watch with this mistake.

Maybe it's all very petty and thought too short, but it's not what I want.

1848Bochum

29/6/16
Thanks for letting us know! Valuable information. I hope they will fix it early next year.

I've still got hope. Intime will ask the factory if it is a single failure or a bulk problem. It seems even new to them

Brown_minion

Horology Curious
29/6/15
Are the LMPO v5 and the VSF PO the same case size? I have a small 16.5cm wrist. The seasmaster spectre wears perfect but I fear either of these will be too big. What do you guys think?

VIV54

Renowned Member
13/12/17
Are the LMPO v5 and the VSF PO the same case size? I have a small 16.5cm wrist. The seasmaster spectre wears perfect but I fear either of these will be too big. What do you guys think?

No they aren't. Thickness is different.

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
I'm afraid it's important to me. Why should I wear a steel watch with "GOLD" engraving? I have a Panerai 372 Noob, which I wear daily and where the misprint "Caliber 3000 / Swiss made" is on the movement. Who knows the watch, knows what I mean. That does not disturb in daily use, but I know that it is there and clouds me a little the joy.
In addition, I have chosen the VSF CRPO because it is quite perfect. So I transfer my money to the dealer hoping to get a perfect one. And so it annoys me when I get a watch with this mistake.

Maybe it's all very petty and thought too short, but it's not what I want.
Hmmmm, with that mindset you will never get to enjoy this hobby as much as I do.

Wish you luck with finding the perfect one.

I'll check my case back tomorrow to see if this is evident as I received one very recently.

Ta

Reactions: Dogosrgentino69

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada

Lmpo is about 14mm, crpo is about 16mm. Crpo wears quite a bit taller and heavier. I much prefer the way the lmpo, or any PO 2500 watch wears on the wrist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1848Bochum

29/6/16
Hmmmm, with that mindset you will never get to enjoy this hobby as much as I do.
Wish you luck with finding the perfect one.
I don't think you're totally right. I'm loving my watches very much. It's hard to put that feeling into words for me - especially in English. But I don't want to buy the next watch if I know that it has an obvious mistake, as I did with the last one. Particularly not if there are enough watches outside that don't have this flaw. And I'm also not looking for the perfect one - just a normal one as there a many in this thread. But let's stop this OT thing. It's not a discussion about me - it's about that watch. Thanks for your food for thought.

frisoer

24/8/18
Feeling exactly the same. Ryan could not offer me a silver number version without AU engraving so I will pass until it is fixed :/

Rieke77

Horology Curious
8/8/17
Finally, I got my 42 mm with silver markers from Ryan. The watch looks great but I have two issues with it: after three day of wearing (13 hours in total), the power reserve never holds more than a night. I guess that's normal for a rep? But that's not a big deal. More important is that the clasp isn't shutting right anymore. When I lift or bend my wrist, the spring releases the clasp. This happens every here an then so at the end I do not wear the watch anymore at the moment.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Edit: Got it "fixed" myself with the clasp. :raisedeyebrow: When closing the diver extension make sure that it is closed back in the clasp correctly, then the regular joint fits tight in it and the spring holds it tight correctly.

Last edited:

1848Bochum

29/6/16
Feeling exactly the same. Ryan could not offer me a silver number version without AU engraving so I will pass until it is fixed :/

Ryan confirmed that there is actual also no chance to get a orange version without Au750 engraving. So I switched to the new orange PO with stainless steel engraving.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Finally, I got my 42 mm with silver markers from Ryan. The watch looks great but I have two issues with it: after three day of wearing (13 hours in total), the power reserve never holds more than a night. I guess that's normal for a rep? But that's not a big deal. More important is that the clasp isn't shutting right anymore. When I lift or bend my wrist, the spring releases the clasp. This happens every here an then so at the end I do not wear the watch anymore at the moment.

Any idea how I can fix this?

Edit: Got it "fixed" myself with the clasp. :raisedeyebrow: When closing the diver extension make sure that it is closed back in the clasp correctly, then the regular joint fits tight in it and the spring holds it tight correctly.

Mine has more about 48-60 hrs power reserve. Guess I got lucky.

DanRep

29/8/17
ive had my 8500 clone movement in the PO now a couple of months. great movement so far, usually within 2-5 second per day fast or slow. still been playing with different positions during the night to get the time closer. at first it was running 5 seconds fast, lately its been 2-3 seconds slow when I leave it face down at night

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
I got one very recently as well and it doesn't have those engravings.

Although I would have not known or even bothered to look for it.

Here's my vsf po
6c9b2b576ef721279177c98ac5bc70e4.jpg