• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega 8500 super clone is here

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
The 5 on the bezel looks like the V6F V1 - the lower part of the 5 doesn't loop around to nearly touch the upper part.

Reactions: vcappp

Hoender

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/15
*amped* that they have addressed the bezel ring issue.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: vcappp

auskip07

18/9/14
That mean what? That you need to accept these kind of dark spots?

It would irritate the living shit out of me, and I also don't see these on the Gen.

Yes look at older watches they had imperfections, puffyness etc. Its what they had to work with at the time.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
That mean what? That you need to accept these kind of dark spots?

It would irritate the living shit out of me, and I also don't see these on the Gen.

Wanna see lume over spill on my old gen SM300 non spectre (essentially the same design as the Spectre dial)...it’s designed to look old with puffy imperfect lume

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
The 5 on the bezel looks like the V6F V1 - the lower part of the 5 doesn't loop around to nearly touch the upper part.

Thanks for pointing this out.......I had not noticed it on this latest version.

One step forward, two steps back!!!!

Reactions: Rufctr2

Bluediablito

Horology Curious
2/8/18
Hello all, can someone explain what's the difference with this new movement?
New movement vs old
new movement vs real omega

thank you

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
New movement vs old

thank you

Why don't you just spend a time to take look??? Stop ask this kind of idiot questions before you don't even try to do your home work!!!!
​​​

Bluediablito

Horology Curious
2/8/18
Why don't you just spend a time to take look??? Stop ask this kind of idiot questions before you don't even try to do your home work!!!!
​​​

Ahhhhhh, it's great to know all in the universe.

I was hopping for someone with better understanding to answer. I know the 8500 is not a 1:1 replica because of the bph and the missing co-axial and probably other modification, but what is it based off?

Base on my reading the original omega 8500 movement is a 39 jewel movement and has a co-axial escapement with a 60hr power reservoir (25,200bph).

The new movement is 28,800bph, (2 barrel).

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
New movement vs old

thank you

New movement is a clone minus the co-axial escapement (which explains the different bph). Old movement was just a decorated miyota.

Reactions: Bluediablito

GreenGrocer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/7/10
Hey guys, as I have in hand two VSF A8400 Spectres, one version from c.a. 2 months ago with TM on the clasp, and one very recent without TM on the clasp but with wider silver bezel ring, it might be interesting for you to hear the first impressions on comparing the two.

There are many updates beyond the obvious noted above to the extent that I would dare call this a completely new version:
- clasp engraving updated not only to remove the TM, but now in different font size, different depth of engraving, and different finish of the engraved surface; reflects light differently (engraving appears as more prominent)
- different clasp profile, slightly more curvy side shape, also different curves on the inner side; looks like the entire part is new, not only a change in engraving
- engraving on the inner side of the last bracelet link before the endlink is updated, text is the same but font is a tad smaller and more bold
- dial print is updated as "master coaxial chronometer" is now slightly bolder and more visible
- caseback is different, previous version the sapphire was flat, now the back crystal is slightly domed
- movement decoration is updated, the "barrel one" "barrel two" etc letters are still printed on, but the colour is different, slightly more darker red. jewels and the movement appear the same.
- rotor is completely new part, different brushing, different "width" and graining of the intensely brushed surface at the side of the rotor; different font size, boldness and colour of the omega logo and lettering
- either the endlinks or midcase holes placement have maybe been modified slightly, as when I put the "tm version" bracelet on the "non-tm version" watch head, with the same pushbars, there is a bit more play; not a lot but can be felt. not left/right between the lugs but between SEL and the case, if it makes sense. I haven't noted a visual difference on SELs themselves or lugs. maybe its just a small variance depending on the production run.
- Number 5 on bezel insert is wrong font in new version, as it was already called out.

Parts that seem to be the same:
- midcase, crown, hands
- caseback print & metal part
- bracelet, except for the clasp and engraving on last link before the endlink
- Nato strap seems to be exactly the same.
- haven't checked the lume or inspected the dial in more detail, but nothing stands out as "more grainy" to me; omega seamaster print seems identical

Quality of the new bezel click is utter crap; while previous version maybe too "easily" rotatable, this one gives more (not pleasant) resistance, is uneven / more difficult CCW than CW, with very "grainy" or jumpy rotation if it makes sense. Also the entire rotatable part of bezel has a solid amount of play. While entire watch may look closer to gen now, handling of the bezel gives it away straight IMO.

QC continues to be an issue with VSF, both watches have an issue with hour hand (its not symmetrical), I've seen this issue with TD sites photos often also so seems to be rather common. And both examples of old and new version have its own QC issues. But for a sample with "perfect" QC, make sure to order from a very patient TD and get ready to scrutinize in details...

I'll try to make some photos over the week-end if there is interest.

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
Hey guys, as I have in hand two VSF A8400 Spectres, one version from c.a. 2 months ago with TM on the clasp, and one very recent without TM on the clasp but with wider silver bezel ring, it might be interesting for you to hear the first impressions on comparing the two.

I'm interested in ;). But seams a "V3" with a new bezel is needed unfortunately.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17

There are many updates beyond the obvious noted above to the extent that I would dare call this a completely new version:
- clasp engraving updated not only to remove the TM, but now in different font size, different depth of engraving, and different finish of the engraved surface; reflects light differently (engraving appears as more prominent)
- different clasp profile, slightly more curvy side shape, also different curves on the inner side; looks like the entire part is new, not only a change in engraving
- engraving on the inner side of the last bracelet link before the endlink is updated, text is the same but font is a tad smaller and more bold
- dial print is updated as "master coaxial chronometer" is now slightly bolder and more visible
- caseback is different, previous version the sapphire was flat, now the back crystal is slightly domed
- movement decoration is updated, the "barrel one" "barrel two" etc letters are still printed on, but the colour is different, slightly more darker red. jewels and the movement appear the same.
- rotor is completely new part, different brushing, different "width" and graining of the intensely brushed surface at the side of the rotor; different font size, boldness and colour of the omega logo and lettering
- either the endlinks or midcase holes placement have maybe been modified slightly, as when I put the "tm version" bracelet on the "non-tm version" watch head, with the same pushbars, there is a bit more play; not a lot but can be felt. not left/right between the lugs but between SEL and the case, if it makes sense. I haven't noted a visual difference on SELs themselves or lugs. maybe its just a small variance depending on the production run.
- Number 5 on bezel insert is wrong font in new version, as it was already called out.

Parts that seem to be the same:
- midcase, crown, hands
- caseback print & metal part
- bracelet, except for the clasp and engraving on last link before the endlink
- Nato strap seems to be exactly the same.
- haven't checked the lume or inspected the dial in more detail, but nothing stands out as "more grainy" to me; omega seamaster print seems identical

Quality of the new bezel click is utter crap; while previous version maybe too "easily" rotatable, this one gives more (not pleasant) resistance, is uneven / more difficult CCW than CW, with very "grainy" or jumpy rotation if it makes sense. Also the entire rotatable part of bezel has a solid amount of play. While entire watch may look closer to gen now, handling of the bezel gives it away straight IMO.

QC continues to be an issue with VSF, both watches have an issue with hour hand (its not symmetrical), I've seen this issue with TD sites photos often also so seems to be rather common. And both examples of old and new version have its own QC issues. But for a sample with "perfect" QC, make sure to order from a very patient TD and get ready to scrutinize in details...

Yes, please

krishna05

Horology Curious
27/7/18

Hello,
do you see any changes to the dial for e.g. a slightly grainer (if that is the term) one.

thanks
Krishna

Reactions: mech500

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
lol what?
barely noticeable on this macroshot
you will never see it irl

+ this is a fucking rep… i mean wtf

It would bug me every single day. Rep or no rep.

Each to their own.

Last edited: