• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Rep Review, Process & Purchase - Speedmaster Apollo 13 Silver Snoopy Award

GreekBagel

Horology Curious
28/1/17
Hi All,

Forgive me for formatting or the inconsistencies in my content here, never have written a review for a watch before!

Let me say I got into watches last year. My first watch was a Tissot Visodate, followed by an Orient Bambino, and finally I got a Seiko Diver modded to be a homage model to the 50 Fathoms. After looking a bit more at replicas, and realizing the quality that comes with them, I started wondering "Why the hell would I spend 10k+ on a watch when these guys are essentially using the exact same parts? These look great!"

So my deep dive and research began. From TDs, to factory names, I learned what's good to grab a rep of, and what's not. Which is funny considering even though the subdial spacing is off on Speedmaster reps, I still decided to get one. Not because I wanted a speedmaster in particular, but because I wanted a fun watch that was still luxurious and professional, and what better watch for that than an Omega Speedmaster with mother fucking Snoopy on the dial and caseback?!

I did my research and there were quite a few things off with this rep in particular:

RESEARCH BEFORE PURCHASE

-The tachymetre isn't lumed
-The lume is the wrong color
-The snoopy on the back is horribly off, with the resin it sits in being a plain dark blue as opposed to a space design.
-The sub dial spacing that all speedmaster reps are cursed with.

THE NIGHTMARE OF TDs

Ok, I'm exaggerating, but the TDs are obviously not as easy as ordering some stuff off of Amazon. First, I wanted to go through PureTime, I liked their site and the way they had videos of their inventory. However, trying to purchase was near impossible. Credit Cards? Denied. Called the bank, they approved the charge, tried again, still denied. Same thing with every other card. Let's try Paypal or Western union, oh, can't do that the first purchase. Well shit. Better look for another TD.

Let's try intime. Great, got the Moneygram details, make a moneygram account, and get locked out of it trying to make my purchase. Call Moneygram, and due to Intime being blacklisted as a vendor, my Moneygram website is now blocked, and I can never use Moneygram again. Perfect!

Then I found Chazingtime, oh what a wonderful site, not only do they accept Western union the first time, but they actually show their stock on their website. Made my first Western union money transfer, and within a week, had my watch, and ordered another that's waiting for me when I return home today! (Sinn UX JR)

The Watch!

http://chazingtime.co/product/speed...ward-45th-anniversary-white-dial-ss-bracelet/
I know the band isn't correct, but I wanted a watch with an SS band.

I honestly didn't know what to expect. I'd never seen this watch up close before, or any real luxury watch. And all the Macro Shots that come with QC make it look so big and odd. Watch got to me, opened it up, and I fell in love.

The Flaws
-Everything I described in the above research, EXCEPT, THE TACHYMETRE IS LUMED!
-Lume is very weak, doesn't last more than 30 minutes. Might try to find some wonderful person on here to send the watch to to increase its lume and if possible make it the correct color!
-Small ding on the 120 mark on the Tachymetre that I didn't notice in QC but oh well, my fault for not paying enough attention.
-Not sure if this is something to be worried about, but sometimes the watch will stop and require me to press the top button again. It hasn't happened much lately just not sure why, otherwise it's fine.

The Good
-The snoopy caseback medal isn't as bad as I thought. Yes the resin is completely off, but the snoopy itself is quite detailed and actually looks really good.
-Its a heavy watch, it feels so solid, and great on the wrist.
-The band is amazing, the clasp when compared to my buddys with a gen omega is basically identical. He's pretty mad that it looks so good ;)

PHOTOS
I'll post some pics I've taken, and the QC pics so you guys can get a better look at the up close shots.

Ccc7omB.jpg

cmZ2g7f.jpg

ABG0E7v.jpg

SwxbW7d.jpg

alvEBVs.jpg

Reactions: tecbarrera

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
Get used to the sight of your bank account being at dangerously low levels due to this hobby!

Congratulations on the watch, I was actually looking at this model. As long as you enjoy it, that's all that matters.

GreekBagel

Horology Curious
28/1/17
Get used to the sight of your bank account being at dangerously low levels due to this hobby!

Congratulations on the watch, I was actually looking at this model. As long as you enjoy it, that's all that matters.

Thanks!! I am really enjoying it, I want to change a few things. Want to re-lume, and get the Tachy Bezel replaced since it looks like the most flawed part of the watch, but don't know enough or if anyone on the forum is good for that kind of stuff!

rawrjur

Known Member
15/7/16
Just a quick question. Hows the chronograph function turning out? Ive just been reading negativity of the a7750 movement. What are your thoughts? Been looking at the darkside of the moon watch

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Stuntman81

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/3/16
Nice review, thanks for posting.

When you say the watch stops and you have to press the top button do you mean the central seconds? If so that's because it's a chronograph and the central seconds is used for timing so should be set to 12. From your photos it looks like your leaving it running.

The top pusher is for starting/stopping the timer and the bottom pusher resets it. Running seconds is located on one of the subdials (snoopy dial I think?)

Enjoy the watch, looks great! (I have the quartz version of this)

riphonda

23/3/17
Great input/ impressions from your first rep purchase. I was fortunate I guess with my first Puretime purchase: used a CC with a unique number feature and processed flawlessly. Had the watch in under a week.

Good to hear both sides of the coin!

BTW, that's a good looking snoopy you got there. Rep on.

-Rip

GreekBagel

Horology Curious
28/1/17
Great input/ impressions from your first rep purchase. I was fortunate I guess with my first Puretime purchase: used a CC with a unique number feature and processed flawlessly. Had the watch in under a week.

Good to hear both sides of the coin!

BTW, that's a good looking snoopy you got there. Rep on.

-Rip

Thanks! Unfortunately the watch is broken so I'll be sending it back to the TD for repairs. Probably not gonna see it again for 3 months

Krizzo

7/8/16
My Snoopy died as well, a local repair shop said that the balance rod didn't fit into the crystal and needed a new movement. Sadly the movement costs that same as what I paid for the watch. Are the A9300 models any better than the manual winding ones?