• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V6f Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 45.5mm Titanium (TiPO) Review. Pic. Heavy

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
V6f Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 45.5mm Titanium (TiPO) Review
I saw a post by @justince recently and he rightly pointed out there is not a lot of info on the TiPO models. So here we go, these are my views and general review of the V6f 45.5mm TiPO.

Review:

This watch has become one of my “go to” casual watches. It is also the watch that accompanies me at night because of the big dial and superb lume. It is a stunning watch but not as shiny and blingy as the LMPO, and therefore in my humble opinion less dressy. The bracelet is higher quality than the Noob LMPO though. It is very comfortable to wear. It is relatively light mainly due to the Titanium case and bracelet and the see through case back. Because of it’s lightness you hardly notice it on your wrist. However there is a hump, which protrudes on the clasp and this can sometimes, rub against your skin and can be a little irritable.

The 45 mm TiPO has both a Titanium case and Titanium bracelet unlike the 42mm V6F. I am not sure if this has been corrected yet.

This is not a comparison with the gen. as I have not seen any in the wild or at an AD, As a CrPO variant I honestly prefer it to some of the standard CrPOs. I think this is more to do with the general shininess of the watch because of the Liquid Metal components. I have to comment that I believe it looks better in natural light rather than artificial light,

Movement: The TiPO has a Myiota 8215 movement decorated to 8500 . Yes there is a small stutter in it but it takes a few minutes of staring at it to actually notice it. The movement is certainly powerful enough to drive those big hands. It seems to gain 1 minute over the course of a about a week. Although a very sturdy movement the one annoying thing about the Myiota 8215 is the lack of hacking so it makes it almost impossible to set the time to the exact second. However I have a few of these and have got used to it. I could not justify paying the extra for the BP Swiss ETA 2824-2 as it is a refurbed Swiss movement. I preferred to have a new movement.

Lume: Very bright and blue and no problem reading the watch in the dark. Very evenly and well applied. This is the watch I usually choose to wear to bed at night as the lume is really good and it has a nice big face so my poor eyesight can easily read it.

Batons:
They appear to be high quality, and would not be mistaken for a cheap replica. Very nice even and deep filled lume with no overspill.

HeV and Crown work perfectly and smoothly. The crown screws back into position after 4 or 5 winds.

Case:
Solid titanium construction with an open caseback.

Caseback: Open caseback with excellent gen. like writing.

Dial:
Very shiny and changes hues in different lighting. However it is nothing compared to the shine of a Noob LMPO. I was a little disappointed with this. If Noob release this I will certainly have to consider it.

Bezel: Exactly like the dial.

Pearl: Seems very well centred.

AR: No issues here it allows the Dial to pop quite nicely.

Bracelet:
Screw type bracelet. Very easy to resize. I only tried this after it had an oil bath but the screws were easy to remove and the pin just slipped out with some wriggling, without having to remove the second screw. It has a darker finish than other POs. This distinguishes it from the SS models. However it is by no means dull and is a beautiful looking bracelet.

Divers extension: It works fine and has a very smooth action.

Clasp:
I do not love the clasp. The outside is quite short and I would prefer if it closed flush to the bracelet like the LMPO or the SMP. As mentioned before there is a slight hump, which on occasion can become irritating. However it functions perfectly and has no cheap feel about it.

Side by side with LMPO:

Overall I have no regrets about buying this one. It was on my wish list for a while and I picked it up before Christmas. I have not had it pressure tested yet as I am waiting for some parts for my SMP Franken to arrive before I make the trek (and it is a trek) to the watchmaker. I have a lot of pieces for him to do. So I will be without it for a good few days I imagine. I will update when the waterproofing is done.

Finally some general wrist shots to try and capture how it appears in different lighting.

References and further reading:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/176209-Omega-Replica-Models-Database A must read for any Omega fan

https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb...6f-Ti(-)Planet-Ocean-42mm-Blue?highlight=tipo

https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb...So-if-the-TiPO-is-not-Titanium?highlight=tipo

https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/267284-45mm-Blue-TiPO-Noob/page3?highlight=tipo Pic. of Gen. on page 3

https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb...5mm-V6F-TiPO-Blue-vs-Noob-CrPO?highlight=tipo

https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb...on-to-Noob-CrPO-(pic-heavy)?highlight=BP+Tipo

https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb...rison-to-Noob-CrPO-(pic-heavy)?highlight=tipo

https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb...mited-Edition-Planet-Ocean-42mm-(LMPO)-Review My LMPO Review for comparison.

triker

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/12
UK
Yllekp,
excellent write-up and photos.
It's so difficult to distinguish the Ti on the TD websites, however your photos make it pretty clear - nice one, thanks for taking the time..

Do you keep a walrus in your garden/yard?

triker.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Yllekp,
excellent write-up and photos.
It's so difficult to distinguish the Ti on the TD websites, however your photos make it pretty clear - nice one, thanks for taking the time..

Do you keep a walrus in your garden/yard?

triker.

Thank you for that. No walrus just 4 separate garages and 3 cats lol. Don't ask why, cause I haven't figured it out yet :)

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Photo 11, in the background?

:laugh:

:rollingonthefloor::rollingonthefloor: I see where you are going with that. It's actually a 3" tall stone. See where macro shots can give people a real false sence of something lol

sinsir

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/11
Thanks for the photos and review. This is a watch on my wrist list and it's nice to see a write up like this. Nice one!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

sarlan19

19/6/14
Great post. It is a stunning watch.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Very nice! Thanks for sharing the photos and great review!

Thanks for the photos and review. This is a watch on my wrist list and it's nice to see a write up like this. Nice one!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

There is not a lot of info on this to make you want to rush out and buy one. It seems to have slipped past a lot of peoples attention. I am glad I could help.

Great post. It is a stunning watch.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Thank you all for your kind comments.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Great review of a fantastic watch.
Here's mine on rubber.

Very nice. I have been toying with the idea of putting mine on a rubber strap. I really like the Ti bracelet though. Feel free everyone to post pics here. The TiPO should not go unnoticed.

britain4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/15
I was toying between this and the CrPO for my first rep, ended up going for the CrPO but this looks gorgeous and I might have to pick one up at some point! Nice pics too

omgGenPAMfapfap

Known Member
17/4/15
Great review of a fantastic watch.
Here's mine on rubber.

Jeez, you got any more shots of that beauty? I've been eyeing this on the rubber strap since PT put it up on their site in mid-December, but it's really hard to discern how it actually looks from their photos and they don't have a video posted of the watch on the rubber strap. Also, I haven't had the privilege of seeing any real-world shots because, as you guys stated before, this watch hardly gets any attention here on RWI. I'm really glad that's finally changed. Pretty please post more pics (and maybe a wristie or two) if you can. Thanks!

Rotador

I'm Pretty Popular
28/9/14
Thank you for sharing your pictures an your review, yllekp.

The TiPO is in my wish list.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I was toying between this and the CrPO for my first rep, ended up going for the CrPO but this looks gorgeous and I might have to pick one up at some point! Nice pics too

You cannot go wrong with a CrPO :)

Wow, what a great review. Thx for taking the time.
Dr. Theo

Thank you I really appreciate the positive feedback.

Have either of you tested the water resistance or planning on taking it in for waterproofing?

I am waiting for parts to come for my Franken SMP. I will be taking the TiPO and a batch of other watches to my watchmaker for waterproofing then. I will update the results.

Thank you for sharing your pictures an your review, yllekp.

The TiPO is in my wish list.

Thank you for the kind words and the Rep. add :)

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Great review my friend and amazing piece you got there, such a surprise another Omega lololol!!! Please excuse my humorous mood, wear in health and enjoy [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Great review my friend and amazing piece you got there, such a surprise another Omega lololol!!! Please excuse my humorous mood, wear in health and enjoy [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone
LMAO I only have a few-ish. I have gone mad recently and bought a Rollie 114060 and I have a Hulk on the way. I just hope I don't get as obsessed about Rolex as I am about Omega, it will mean divorce lol.