• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP TiPO 45mm review & comparison to Noob CrPO (pic heavy)

Conquerer

27/5/15
I recently acquired my BP TiPO (Titanium Planet Ocean for anyone searching) and figured I'd do write up on it just like I did for my 45mm Noob PO.
(If you want to see that you can find it here: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...and-impressions-of-my-Noob-45-5mm-Orange-CrPO)

Also figured I might as well compare them while I'm at it since it's two different companies and always good for people to have a reference. Although the one difference is that my TiPO is on a rubber strap while the Noob is on a bracelet. The TiPO is from In Time and the CrPO is from Toro (I know it has an aluminum insert but for conveniency's sake I'll call it a CrPO).

Fl16P1C.jpg

vQvLOOe.jpg

uiarxJq.jpg

Dial:
Stunning glossy blue surface that shines really nicely in the light without being distracting. When it comes to the markers, numbers and writing on the dial though, BP seems to have a bit of a struggle from what I gather. I went through a bunch of watches in QC (although to be fair the first one was great but it had a movement problem) and kind of got tired of it and accepted a watch that was probably not as good as the previous two as some of the alignments aren't perfect but whatever. The most common problem seems to be the 1 in the 12 is slanted, although this one doesn't have that. Instead the entire 12 seems a bit slanted in the same direction but it's minor on the wrist.

My Noob I might've gotten lucky with as the first one I was shown was perfect and today it is still my best and favourite replica. Absolutely everything about it is amazing. No complaints at all from the dial which looks beautiful although different in its slightly textured matte finish.

Also, I should mention a flaw on the BP's hands. Where the arrowheads are you can sort of see something underneath the lume application, either something protruding or something a bit darker in the center of the arrowheads. Way too minor to show up on my camera but it's strange when looking closely... Noob doesn't have this issue and the arrowheads are very clean looking.

6cTtXMJ.jpg

L1HqWqL.jpg

Lume:
I thought the lume on the TiPO looked ok at first, but after comparing to my Noob it's a bit dull. My lume shots didn't turn up too well as my phone camera wasn't really picking up any of the lume at all at normal settings (even though I could see both bright as day in person), but it showed pretty well when I used the +/- settings to brighten them up. BP on left, Noob on right. In person I can say the Noob looks fantastic, BP not awful but not great.

B1DGmTb.jpg

Bezel:
The TiPO's bezel insert is absolutely stunning... seriously. Can't spend enough time looking at it. With the Liquidmetal finish like the LE LMPO, it changes appearance in different light. Under normal light it's kind of a metallic blue and the silver minute markers are easy to read, while under more intense light it looks very blue and becomes hard to read the silver minute markers. It's ceramic just like the black CrPOs, while the pumpkin I have is simple aluminum, but still beautiful. The pearls in both inserts look great and well positioned; both high quality inserts for sure imo.

The way the bezel turns is a little different than the CrPO. A bit rougher and more clicky... not that bad in its roughness but I prefer the smoothness of the CrPO.

32LQLu3.jpg

FZ8LF8q.jpg

6onHJLf.jpg

SDCHf4T.jpg

Also I should add that the insert in the TiPO actually fell out after about 2-3 days of acquiring it. I did hit the watch on a railing while I was out (inspected it and it looked fine, no scratches) so I don't know if that loosened it -- if it did that's still kinda ridiculous though as it was minor. But then later while driving home I heard something fall and once I was getting out of my car I noticed it was the bezel insert! Thankfully it happened in my car and not somewhere else and that I didn't crush it! Anyway, I used shoo goo to get it back it and let it sit for a few days and it seems fine now. But the fact that it fell out in the first place is a little concerning for BP's assembling quality...

Cc0lhXx.jpg

4fHl27s.jpg

Crown/HE Valve:
The BP TiPO struggles a bit here imo, especially compared to the Noob CrPO. The feeling while turning the crown is quite rough and feels of lower quality, especially when screwing/unscrewing the crown. It also doesn't pop out once you unscrew it enough either (well, mine doesn't). So you end up needing to do a lot more screwing to get to the point where you can pull the crown out, and to get it back in. It also feels bit rougher while turning the hands although it's not that bad.

The Noob on the other hand gets just about perfect scores, at least for a rep crown and tube. Feels quite smooth while unturning, pops out once you screw it for just a bit, and has a very smooth feeling while setting the time and just playing with it at all. And then it's very easy to get back in by just popping it back in and screwing it a bit, whereas on the BP you can't do that pop back in and have to screw it all the way back in and this is pretty annoying. I'd say this is the biggest issue with the BP -- the crown.

The HE valve on the other hand is much better and screws in and out pretty nicely. Still like the Noob's feel a tad more though.

hod17c0.jpg

GQKc0wN.jpg

Strap/Bracelet:
Now here's where I can't directly compare as the TiPO is on rubber and the CrPO is on a bracelet. But I can say that the rubber strap is fantastic. Has an awesome feel to it and is just so comfortable on your wrist -- my most comfortable of all my bracelets/straps so far, almost unnoticeable at times. I think the titanium construction of the watch also makes it feel a bit lighter too. One flaw with the rubber strap though, and it's not the strap itself, is that the deployant clasp feels a tad on the cheap side. Honestly it's really not that bad and I'm used to it now, but my first impressions were just that it has that sort of loose (but also kinda rough at the same time) and cheap feeling like it's not a high quality part, like pushing the buttons in and just the general feel. I also have a faux gator strap for my 42mm PO and the clasp on that feels pretty solid quality compared to this one, although that one is a glossy finish while this one is a matte finish. Not a big issue but I just feel like it could be a bit better. But like I said the strap itself feels awesome on the wrist and is very high quality.

Can't compare to the Noob bracelet, but I can't say anything but amazing things about that bracelet. Feels fantastic and very high quality, gen-like feeling. The only single flaw I could find was that the buttons for the clasp are a tad on the rough side, but that's extremely minor and I'm incredibly impressed with that bracelet. Don't have the BP 45mm counterpart to compare, BUT I do have a BP bracelet for my 42mm V5 PO and I can say that bracelet feels miles apart from the Noob. Doesn't have that gen-like feel and was a bitch to re-size, but that's partly because it has pushpins and not screws. But even the feel of it on the wrist and the way the links connect don't feel nearly as good as the 45mm Noob. Not sure if the 45mm BP is the same but if I had to guess I'd say the Noob 45mm is the superior bracelet. Anyone else can chime in though.

8zvWmIc.jpg

O2Tu54Y.jpg

mBM32Cg.jpg

ZfF7Iqm.jpg

Oh, I did put the BP TiPO on the Noob bracelet to try it out and it looks fantastic. I don't regret getting it on the blue rubber, but damn, it sure does look good on that titanium bracelet. Might have to borrow the Noob's bracelet to wear it out here and there. But overall the blue strap is awesome and matches the blue bezel/dial very well.

Also put the blue strap on the pumpkin as well while I was at it for kicks and gigs.

1F4WyGe.jpg

ujEqKKp.jpg

Evzfqj8.jpg

MMgpJia.jpg

fuaeJxc.jpg

CZg5j4Z.jpg

Movement:
Both watches have the 2836-2 and you can see the movements behind the clear casebacks are nearly identical outside of the markings. One thing I will say thought is that the BP's movement can be a bit loud if at certain positions on the wrist. If your arm/wrist is in such a position so that the crown is aiming up at your face (like if you're holding your chin or something), you can hear it clicking at a decent volume. The Noob on the other hand is extremely quiet and can't really be heard unless you put your ear right up to it, and even then it's still very quiet.

Also a well known flaw with the BP TiPO is the Liquidmetal "TECHNOlOGIFS" on the case back. There's actually three errors here -- the C ends a bit prematurely and is moon shaped, the L is lower case and obviously there's an F instead of an E at the end. Honestly don't know how this happens for a major rep player in these modern times. Just embarrassing... That said, it's really not a big issue. It hindered me a bit at first before I got it but then I thought whatever, just a small problem, and I stand by that. I'm never thinking about it when I'm wearing it and it's really not a big issue. Still doesn't redeem them for getting it so awfully wrong.

xxJspZv.jpg

qo1fCOK.jpg

Overall Impressions:
The TiPO is a great watch and I would definitely recommend it on the blue rubber which just goes so well with the bezel/dial. That said, the build quality, while definitely not bad, does have a few minor flaws here and there.

Keep in mind that these are two different watches from two different makers, but if you are wondering about the whole Noob vs BP thing, I would say Noob definitely appears to be the overall leader. BP makes some good quality watches, including POs and this TiPO is pretty good, but if I'm to choose which watch is the better watch overall out of these two, I'd go with the Noob CrPO for sure. Just about everything about this watch is almost perfect and it remains my favourite rep that I own, and I'm not sure that will change anytime soon. But if you want the TiPO for its glossy blue dial and beautiful bezel (and that awesome strap), don't let that stop you from getting it -- also remember there's the V6F as well if you're ok with a lowbeat, non-hacking Miyota movement. But it's a shame Noob doesn't make the TiPO though as I'm sure it would be around the CrPO quality which is just fantastic. Who knows if that might change in the future... if they do make one and it is of equal CrPO quality, I'd say the upgrade is 100% worth it. Gotta hand it to Noob.

bCdOwUF.jpg

9GH1ajo.jpg

bas.1978

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/7/15
Breda the netherlands
Great review, my insert also fell off when i was walking. Now i need a new insert ring for it. I just have not seen any like it that i could get . A blue insert for the omega 45MM

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

madrushag

17/3/14
Great write up! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoRepGo

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
23/8/15
great write up man ... do there make a titanium with the orange dial and bezel... that would be my cup of tea

OmegaRules

Renowned Member
25/6/15
Very nice detailed review and thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbenjamin23

7/9/13
Arizona
The Orange Bezel Seamaster is one of my next pieces. Great write up and love the wrist shots.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

WindJonah

Known Member
29/11/15
Good write open. Just a quick comment for anyone with a new BP Maker PO: I received mine earlier this week and the bezel insert had fallen out in transit. I was about to glue it back when I realised that the backing for the double-side tape that they obviously in manufacture hadn’t in fact been removed! Looking at the images, this appears to have been the problem above…the white ring with grey graphics / text is in fact the backing paper of the double-sided tape – just pull it off and you see the adhesive.