• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of 3 Ploprofs (2 gen and 1 fully modded)

squashlover

2/8/11
hi all,

Have not been around much lately. As some might know, I have both black and white GEN Ploprof 1200M watches. I bought a V2 fully modded Ploprof which I gave to my cousin for his birthday. As would be expected, his wife gave him a GEN for their anniversary, so now he is selling it on. It will be listed in the sales forums later on tonight. Before that I wanted to do a thorough review for you guys who wondered how close these really were. Take my word for it, I have had both GENs for several years now and they are amazing watches. I probably wear them more than any other watch I have and I have alot of watches. This thing is SCARY close!!!! Anyways, I will let the pics do the talking. All pics were taken free-hand (without a tripod) and with a Canon 600D, 18-55mm EFS II kit lens (did not have the 50mm, Sigma 40mm or macro lens with me). Took lots of pics but some were terrible due to camera shake without my mini tripod. Sorry but I could not find it.

GEN is on the right

GEN is on the bottom

Gen is on the top

GEN is on the left

GENs

Rep fully modded

Fake_da_Funk

Renowned Member
16/3/15
That white Gen in the dark would all but get you killed if you were hiding out.

By the way great job setting the stage with the review

takoxavy

I'm Pretty Popular
8/3/14
this is disgusting! my god how can a rep be made so close I can't take it anymore need a gen ploprof

sent from BOOOOOOOOOM

panermaniac

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
25/5/12
China
Beautiful watches! I love my rep Ploppy so much that I am considering getting the gen.

Can you tell me about the bracelets? One looks like it has flat links and the other looks rounder.

squashlover

2/8/11
Both bracelets are flatten as both are gen Omega sharkmesh. Just the lighting and camera angle make them look different. The orange rubber strap is also gen. The reps are great, especially a modded one but as the saying goes, a gen is a gen.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
Only weak points on the rep are hands, DW and HE valve otherwise it's really a super rep. But hands, DW and HE valve are still very good. And of course the movement the date change between omega 8500 and the 2824-2 is different.
I would also like to have a gen ploprof sometime... Very nice post thanks

wooky492

21/9/12
Great photo review!

Now I wish i hadn't sold my white Ploppy.... :cry2:

Joesoap73

Renowned Member
Certified
22/7/14
eeny meeny miny moe.............

White Gen, Winner by a Sea League :)

Beautiful !!!

Fake_da_Funk

Renowned Member
16/3/15
Beautiful watches! I love my rep Ploppy so much that I am considering getting the gen.

Can you tell me about the bracelets? One looks like it has flat links and the other looks rounder.

Both bracelets are flatten as both are gen Omega sharkmesh. Just the lighting and camera angle make them look different. The orange rubber strap is also gen. The reps are great, especially a modded one but as the saying goes, a gen is a gen.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Yup at 1st site I thought the 2 bracelets were different as well until OP stated lighting. The 1st 2 pics show the foam watch holders lined up a bit better where the rest have one foam a smidge twisted. The angle is what made it look different.

I do want to know if you have handled the rep mesh bracelets and how those compare in weight and overall look to the Gen in your eyes ? I have a Plop on the way with a upgraded rep bracelet that I hope will make me feel warm inside. Obviously I know the Gen is a Gen but the SS bracelet is one of the things I love about this watch.

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12

squashlover

2/8/11
Yup at 1st site I thought the 2 bracelets were different as well until OP stated lighting. The 1st 2 pics show the foam watch holders lined up a bit better where the rest have one foam a smidge twisted. The angle is what made it look different.

I do want to know if you have handled the rep mesh bracelets and how those compare in weight and overall look to the Gen in your eyes ? I have a Plop on the way with a upgraded rep bracelet that I hope will make me feel warm inside. Obviously I know the Gen is a Gen but the SS bracelet is one of the things I love about this watch.
Hi,

See the link that Santre22 posted. It explains the differences really well.

Hyjynx

28/9/13
Wow! Awesome pictorial. Unlike what others have said, when a rep is this close to the gen, I have little interest in buying the gen. Were you at any point worried you've got them mixed up during the shoot?

Retina

Certified
18/12/14
was never a fan of this watch, but it seems you have convinced me, great pictures and photo comparisons!

squashlover

2/8/11
Wow! Awesome pictorial. Unlike what others have said, when a rep is this close to the gen, I have little interest in buying the gen. Were you at any point worried you've got them mixed up during the shoot?
Sometimes yes but upon further inspection you could see the smallest of differences, noticeably the HEV and also by serial #. Again, I would think it would be difficult to tell the difference if you did not have the gen and rep next to each other for comparison.

It is scary close with the mods and the relume by Kenny is on par with my gen. Masterful work.