• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

first replica purchase/review - speedmaster date 3210.50 (lots of pictures)

nikcorda

Known Member
5/12/14
very excited about my first replica purchase! i choose Silix as my trusted dealer due to their great feedback. michelles customer service is amazing, and i will surely be going to her for my next purchase. i logged the process here if anyone is interested - http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=203736

its been keeping time pretty well over the past few days, averaging about +10 seconds a day. chronograph functions well, date flips over right around midnight. havent pressure tested it for water resistance yet, going to take it by the stand at the mall sometime this week.

also, if anyone can help identify which factory this movement came from, that would be extremely helpful.

the obvious "tells" are:
1. no anti reflective coating. this was the last watch of this model michelle could source, as they stopped producing this model years ago, so it was take it or leave it. i will most likely be replacing the crystal because of this at some point. who knows, maybe i'll get used to it.

2. the font for the numbers on the sub dials are a bit smaller than the gen. only an AD or someone who owns this model would ever notice this.
3. white background date wheel. easily fixable. probably swapping an ETA movement in this anyways.

minor issues:
1. bezel. font and hash marks are just barely off. if i ever come across a good deal on a gen bezel i might buy one, but its not a big deal at all.
2. clasp. omega clasps notorious for being poor, mine is no exception. engraving is shallow and rough. edges are rough and nasty. pins holding everything together are very loose. etc etc. will definitely be buying a new one as soon as i can, unless i can fix the pin issue somehow..

overall, very happy, and a good first experience in the replica world!!

Resistor

9/11/14
Looks great. The 3570.50 will always be my favorite Speedmaster, but the reps are terrible. This triple date rep looks very nice. That bracelet also looks pretty good for a Speedmaster rep.

nikcorda

Known Member
5/12/14
thanks for the compliments! i now understand why omega discontinued this model. its not popular with replica fans either hahah

Looks great. The 3570.50 will always be my favorite Speedmaster, but the reps are terrible. This triple date rep looks very nice. That bracelet also looks pretty good for a Speedmaster rep.
i agree 110%. the moonwatch is the best speedy, but the reps arent good enough for me. i might give in and get one at some point though.

the bracelet itself is actually pretty good so far. its really just the clasp and end links that arent great. i think i can tighten up the end links with new spring bars though.

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
i wouldnt use the chrono function too much if i were you.
i hope youve read up on proper care of A7750s.
those damn things are like mogwais. lots of rules to owning one.

i honestly wouldnt expect that to be water resistant.
those pushers dont look like they screw down. these reps usually just have a rubber gasket on the pusher.
itll be good for rain or splashes, maybe even showers but i wouldnt submerge it.

congrats on your purchase.
you dont see these too often. gotta say, they look a lot better in your pics than they do on the sites.

you seem to have a lot of plans for modding.
measure everything before buying.
nothing more frustrating than getting that beautiful gen part and finding out it wont fit.
also may wanna find out if a ETA7750 will work with that watch. sometimes the clones have different hand sizes.

D

d4m.test

Congrats on the Date-Chronometer, was waiting for Your review of this one, thanks. For swimming imo the new vintage-looking Seamaster 300m co-axial is a more appropriate choice as it´s a non-chrono and a modern release, there have been quality improvements in the last 2 years.

Until You have the first 20 reps to choose from, just skip the modding in any way and invest in new reps instead. Enjoy it as it is. Every change sums up very quickly.
It´s later, when You have decided on exactly the brand model You want and are sizing down, that You start putting the money into mods or start building something from scratch.

Reactions: mvx15

tkhiem

Known Member
25/2/14
Very nice Congrats! My colleague has this exact same model and it looks great!
How much did you get it for may I ask?

nikcorda

Known Member
5/12/14
i wouldnt use the chrono function too much if i were you.
i hope youve read up on proper care of A7750s.
those damn things are like mogwais. lots of rules to owning one.

i honestly wouldnt expect that to be water resistant.
those pushers dont look like they screw down. these reps usually just have a rubber gasket on the pusher.
itll be good for rain or splashes, maybe even showers but i wouldnt submerge it.

congrats on your purchase.
you dont see these too often. gotta say, they look a lot better in your pics than they do on the sites.

you seem to have a lot of plans for modding.
measure everything before buying.
nothing more frustrating than getting that beautiful gen part and finding out it wont fit.
also may wanna find out if a ETA7750 will work with that watch. sometimes the clones have different hand sizes.

Congrats on the Date-Chronometer, was waiting for Your review of this one, thanks. For swimming imo the new vintage-looking Seamaster 300m co-axial is a more appropriate choice as it´s a non-chrono and a modern release, there have been quality improvements in the last 2 years.

Until You have the first 20 reps to choose from, just skip the modding in any way and invest in new reps instead. Enjoy it as it is. Every change sums up very quickly.
It´s later, when You have decided on exactly the brand model You want and are sizing down, that You start putting the money into mods or start building something from scratch.

thank you! i was starting to think that nobody cared about this model, almost gave up on this thread haha. its not the classic speedmaster that we all love, but its still a beautiful design, and they did a very good job on this replica overall.

for me personally, i don't see myself buying too many watches right now, maybe another 2 or 3. the speedmaster is the main reason i came to the replica world. with great deals on genuine watches, like offerings from Steinhart with warranty, generally id rather invest my money there.

that being said, i don't mind investing some money in this watch to make it last a long time, as i would like to be able to enjoy it for many years to come. you can barely get ANY speedmaster in good, used condition for under $1500 these days, so personally to me, its worth it. just have to keep the investments reasonable.

keeping my fingers crossed on the waterproof test, as thats the real dividing line for me. the real version of the watch is rated to 10 ATM, so I'm hoping some grease on the seals will seal mine up enough. if i can get 5 or 10 ATM out of the case i'll be happy, and will continue investing in the watch. if the case can't take the water, i won't invest in it and will leave it as is.

i got an amazing deal on a brand new ETA 7750 on eBay, $260. if i had to pay $450 for the movement alone i would definitely be reconsidering, but at the price i paid, i think its a great investment. i can also resell the A7750 for a small return.

i have to invest in a new bracelet if i keep it, as the replica version just isn't cutting it. by far the worst part of the replica for me.

nikcorda

Known Member
5/12/14
well it passed up to 5 ATM, im very happy about that. i didnt have time to leave it to test further, gonna stop by another day this week to push it up to 10 ATM. but for everyday use, 5 should be fine. i never go diving or anything, maybe a quick swim in a pool or lake at most.

loving this watch more and more every day i wear it :D

ashtree

18/12/12
That's an insanely good rep. How long have these been around? Never seen one on the forums.

nikcorda

Known Member
5/12/14
updated the original post with the original pictures.

about a month after buying the watch i came across a good deal on a geniune bracelet, which really transformed the watch. i was convinced i would keep the watch forever, maybe change the datewheel to a black one, but otherwise i love it and its been a pleasure to own. these reps are also pretty rare these days, which is a shame as they are beautiful, and almost super rep quality.

in a bittersweet moment, i have the oppurtunity to build a franken moonwatch, which is why i came to love watches in the first place, and i have to sell this watch to help fund that. it was an extremely tough decision, but deep down, i know i'll never be fully happy until i have a moonwatch on my wrist. ive attached some photos of the watch with geniune bracelet, and rep bracelet uninstalled on the side to compare, so people can come back and look.

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
updated the original post with the original pictures.

about a month after buying the watch i came across a good deal on a geniune bracelet, which really transformed the watch. i was convinced i would keep the watch forever, maybe change the datewheel to a black one, but otherwise i love it and its been a pleasure to own. these reps are also pretty rare these days, which is a shame as they are beautiful, and almost super rep quality.

in a bittersweet moment, i have the oppurtunity to build a franken moonwatch, which is why i came to love watches in the first place, and i have to sell this watch to help fund that. it was an extremely tough decision, but deep down, i know i'll never be fully happy until i have a moonwatch on my wrist. ive attached some photos of the watch with geniune bracelet, and rep bracelet uninstalled on the side to compare, so people can come back and look.

Man this is a good rep. the bracelet transformed the watch indeed ! Congrats !

lethalspectre

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/5/16
That is one smart looking watch!
Are you selling it here on RWI?
I too love a speedy but have never found a good deal yet.
Best of luck