• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen Vs. V2 on mesh Review *Pic Heavy*

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
Hello here is a review of the Omega 1200 Ploprof mesh and deployment buckle.

I will compare the Brand new genuine vs. V2 clasp with Wjean mesh.

The gen will be to the left or under in the pics. I will let te photos speak mostly but I add a small comment under each photo.

no1.jpg

Above fully extended.

no2.jpg

From behind fully extended.

no3.jpg

Clasp engraving and colour, very similar on the seahorse.

no4.jpg

Clasp engraving text, the type style differ a tiny bit but both are good.
Gen are a bit sharper.

no5.jpg

Diver extension, gen have better finish and the small knobb have a little different size/shape.

no6.jpg

Underside of extension, again finish and shape differ a tiny bit.

no7.jpg

Laser clasp engraving, this differ a lot in placement and font style.

no8.jpg

open extension much smoother sandblated inside on gen, push button come later in some other pics.

no9.jpg

Inside clasp and the closing flanges, sharper and better machined on gen.

no10.jpg

The profile is different, gen is more bended to fit tighter when closed.

no11.jpg

Laser clasp engraving, this differ a lot in placement and font style.

no12.jpg

Open clasp, edges on the inside is much smoother on gen.

no13.jpg

Open clasp, edges on the inside is much smoother on gen with more zoom.

no14.jpg

Extension closed, Push engravings font thicker and deeper on gen.
Also the mesh attachment is much better machined on the gen.
V2 have small metal grades left, I may file them away with a small diamond file.

no15.jpg

from the side, theeth are much sharper on gen to avoid slipping without having a hard spring in the extension.

no16.jpg

extension fully closed, again on gen is the operation smooth, on V2 that is modded "no slip" is it harder to push in.
both work good its just a matter of feeling.

no17.jpg

clasp closed from the backside. everything is symetric on the gen.
brushing on gen is smoother, also the V2 is so hardly bruched that you can see the soldering lines.

no18.jpg

A little bigger polished edge around the clasp on gen, more shiney push button and hole/pusher is tighter on gen.

no19.jpg

Side open, a lot better finish on the gen, looks like the V2 hardly have been brushed at all.

no20.jpg

Mesh from the side, and the pin and tube to shorten it that the Wjean mesh dont have.
gen have nice polished edges that are soldered so its no risk of geting stuck in the sweater collar.

no21.jpg

Mesh ends from above, matt finnish and again gen is symetrich and the flat parts on all "loops" are even.

no22.jpg

Mesh end from behind (against your skin) gen mesh not flateed and higly polished. Wjean mesh same as the other side.

Thats all thanks for looking!

Your Omega franken addict
:adoration:​

Santre

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
Wow! such lovely comparison here mate!
It really shows that the Ploprof V2 is a super rep,
I was thinking of hammering my WJean Mesh to get that "flattened look" but I think it is not that necessary
How much did it cost you santre22?

OT
How is the status of your franken PO with 8500 movement? I haven't seen any update on that. Is the movement really robust? (that gen 8500)

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
It was expensive around 900 usd.

for my planet ocean I'm currently waiting for the correct date wheel. The 8500 movement is rock solid it have been in my winder for nearly 4 month without touching and it have gone like 10-15 secs to fast over this time.

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
Here is also a gen vs. rep Date Wheel pic under the loupe.

with the shiny dial and then the matte rep DW looks awful. Can't understand how it didn't made me crazy last time. The gen DW match the rep dial very good.

image.jpg

srhardy

Horology Curious
21/2/15
I hate the asian knockoffs have smaller bands/length than the gen's. Yes it saves a few bucks and yes asians have smaller wrists but its a pain for us here in the west who buy watches/bands! YES a billion people can all be wrong! A replica must be the same as the gen for both fit, finish and leangth. Just sell 2 versions, small & same as original large...

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
The shorter mesh is actually aftermarket bought on eBay from a seller called WJean mostly the ploprof come on a rubber strap and its the exact same lengt as the original and fit up to maybe 10 inch wrists or so.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
If you want that flattend look its not necessary to hammer it.

You can take a flat file to it, a sanding block, or a Dremel with a fine sanding band.

Less chance of damage that way.

And Santre, wonderful post again !

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Here is also a gen vs. rep Date Wheel pic under the loupe.

with the shiny dial and then the matte rep DW looks awful. Can't understand how it didn't made me crazy last time. The gen DW match the rep dial very good.

image.jpg

Santre, ive seen quite a few ppl ask bout locating rep DWOs, any ideas on where to source?

For the ploppys

idinwo01

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/11
For shits sake, if you had to rate the bracelet out of 10, what would you give them?

Finlandesi

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
16/3/15
Its nice, but you would notice the difference if u are a picky person

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
For shits sake, if you had to rate the bracelet out of 10, what would you give them?

The gen is amazing all over so 10/10 the rep V2 clasp is very good 8/10 or 9/10 if the springs are modded so it don't slip. The wjean mesh I would say work but are far from gen 4/10 if brushed on a sandpaper so you got the flat tops maybe 5/10.