• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of the month: June 2014 | Planet Ocean GMT Goodplanet from Toro Bravo

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Review Of The Month Project, June 2014

Omega Planet Ocean GMT Goodplanet from Toro Bravo

Well before we start with the details, i have to thank our Trusted Dealer Toro Bravo for participating in this project of course and for sending me this watch to make a review of it!

I have only seen a few pics of this watch and i wasn't a big fan of it and from the pics it didn't look that good to me to be honest. Once again, as with most of the latest omega rep models, i was wrong. A great rep, fancy and kind of sport together! Let see a few details about it before we o to the pics.

The dial is well made one, logos, lettering, lume markers are all spot on, i really can't complain about anything here. The dial has a great shiny effect, i though i was the crystal reflecting but nop, its the dial. Same effect as the CrSMP. Lume effect is a decent one. Hands are pretty accurate too, slightly different from the gen ones and i am saying that after examining them with the loupe. Date window is ok too, but not the DW witch is off. The gen DW has thicker and more glossy font.

The bezel, well that was my first concern as from what i have seen so far it wasn't that great. It steel needs work but its pretty good. The engravement is good, the orange color though i kind of more vivid on the gen bezel. It's like the gen has more paint or the engravement is more filled. You can check yourself and you will understand what i am talking about. Besides that its ok, great shiny effect, numbers close the real thing and a dead center pearl! Clicking is perfect, no wobbling or anything like that.

Crown and HE valve are another plus for the rep. Crown needs 10 turns to screw down. Pretty good! HE valve doesn't screw/unscrew. Movement behavior is very good. It has a great power reserve, i only shook it while i was taking the shots and it was working for over 2 hours... Movement is an 2836-2 one. Setting the time/date/GMT is easy and pleasant. No struggling there.

The crystal, i have to say one more time that the new omega crystals are pretty awesome. Great AR!

Bracelet is perfect too. They must use the ones of the CrPO models or something of the same quality. Comfortable to wear and easy to adjust. Do you need to ask for anything else? I don't...

A visit to the back side now. Well as with the CrPOs this is the biggest tell. Movement with these watches as you know needs a lot of work. A pleasant surprise was the caseback. Great work there with the lettering as you will see at the macro shots. The anti-counterfeit logo though isn't that good.

Enough with the talking, lets go to the photos.

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
Great watch and excellent review Pap! To my mind it's a bit overpriced, as I can't afford it (only 15 years old lol). I think I should go with the Seiko Monster...

Sent from my iPad Mini Retina using Tapatalk

torobravo

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
2/5/10
Thanks for the review and your time, it´s a stunning watch

deafnotdaft

16/4/14
I am not normally a great fan of the blue benzel/dial on watches, however, I really do like this watch! it is really nice.

Great review Pap and thanks to Toro for the availability to send the watch in the first place.

jweb

Horology Curious
31/7/13
Great review and thanks to you for the time spended and to Toro of course.

trevsdad

Renowned Member
5/1/13
I love this series. Great review and really good photos especially accurate for the color of the bezel which some believe is a problem.

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Lovely watch, thanks Mr.Pap for reviewing it and Toro for contributing :)

I noticed the crystal is a bit higher than the bezel, is this as per gen?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Thank you guys for your nice comments!

I love this series. Great review and really good photos especially accurate for the color of the bezel which some believe is a problem.

I though too that color was way off, but its pretty good. Not 100% accurate for sure, but its acceptable.

Lovely watch, thanks Mr.Pap for reviewing it and Toro for contributing :)

I noticed the crystal is a bit higher than the bezel, is this as per gen?

Yes, gen crystal is also sitting higher than the bezel.

Never

Known Member
17/12/13
I need this watch! This watch is definitely on my wishlist. Thank you for the great review and the time you spent for it.

phunkshunz

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/12/12
I have this one. This watch is à great one.

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Looks like I'll be selling a few watches. Never really been a big fan of Omega's but this is a beaut.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
This will stay with me for a coupe of days more so if you have any specific question just shoot...

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
This will stay with me for a coupe of days more so if you have any specific question just shoot...

Been comparing it to gen pics on the web. Are the bezel numbers centred around the circumfrence or slightly more off centred???
Cheers for a superb review Pap.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Is the diameter correct, 43.5mm?

Sent from my iPad Mini Retina using Tapatalk

Here are a couple of measurements.

Bezel

Case with crown

Case without crown, it may be off by a mm, hard to be precise cause the crown is in the middle...

Been comparing it to gen pics on the web. Are the bezel numbers centred around the circumfrence or slightly more off centred???
Cheers for a superb review Pap. ?

Numbers are centered, its just the silver line (at the crystal side) that makes them seem closer to the crystal.

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
I get you mate. Just seems that the gen takes the silver line into account and the engravings are centred accordingly. Dont think its a deal breaker mind you.
Any chance of an outdoor shot to show the "true blue" mate?
Cheers Pap, you're a star

Forget that mate 43/44 are I guess outdoor images

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Wrist shots are in direct sunlight as to give you an idea what the true colors of the watch are.

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Certainly wont put me off picking one up. Now to decide what to get rid of to make room. LoL
Thanks again gor an awesome review and pics.

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Mr. Pap. How robust / hardwearing do you think the silver line and triangle will be on this model, compared to some of the earlier "fading" issue ceramic watches??? Just wondering if you could gauge it in the flesh? Hard one to call I know. Cheers.