• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review Of The Month: May 2014 | Aqua Terra from Supermirrors

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Review Of The Month Project, May 2014
Omega Aqua Terra from Supermirros

This month i have to thank our Trusted Dealer Supermirros for participating in this project and for sending me this watch to make a review of it!

Another omega model that became popular after the Skyfall movie. A demand for a rep was strong enough as to see that one released.

Lets begin with the dial. One of the most attracting dials I have seen on a rep. The pattern with the vertical lines is outstanding, at some angles the light makes it look awesome. Adding the tachyring at the end of it was a great idea. I was staring at it for a long time to be honest…

As for accuracy, I say pretty good work. The green color of indices and the seamaster lettering, looks more glossy on the gen. The omega logos are spot on also, gen look a little more sharp. A decent try has been made also with the lume markers. If you notice the gen lume markers have an edge where the lume is applied and the same method has been used on the rep ones! That’s what I call attention to the details… The date window is also very well made, I can’t tell the same thing thought about the date wheel, which is way off comparing it to the gen one. Over all dial is a pleasant surprise for me, except the lume which is very weak, I have a comparing shot to my FrUPO which you can check.

Hands aren't perfect. They have sharp edges while the gen ones have more round edges. There is a big mistake with the seconds hand, where the tip is just silver. Gen one has a green tip! How did they miss that?

About the crystal, once more the AR on the newer omegas is amazing. You can barely notice it most of the time.

The crown function isn't that good, especially comparing to the LMPO. Changing the date is nice, but setting the hour isn't pleasant, I was feeling some kind of resistant when moving the hands. The clone movement is way smoother… 6 turns to lock the crown and a noise like twisting something rubber/plastic was made while I was screwing it in! Not while unscrewing it though… Movement doesn't hack also.

The bracelet at the begging felt like a cheapo one mainly cause it was very light but I was wrong. It’s a well made bracelet, very light and very comfortable to wear. No stucking links and the clasp is a decent one. Good finishing on the links also! The extension could have been better though, it gives me the feel that it doesn't lock very well. The only thing I didn't like were the screws, it took me around 3 minutes to carefully remove one link and that’s because the edges are shallow and the screw driver don’t fit perfect there. The CrPO screws are way better.

The back side is interesting. This time the factory used a MIYOTA 8215 to resemble the 8500 caliber and they did get a better result than the CrPO with the bridges but still needs a lot of work to get close. Rotor spins freely and it makes more noise than the 2824 clone but it’s not annoying at all. Seconds hand isn't as smooth as a clone’s one also. Overall the movement has a better behavior than I expected.

Caseback work is good also. All inscriptions are there, anti counterfeit logo and serial number and of course a good looking movement!

I have to say I really liked this one, despite the small faults, its well made and I really loved the dial!

And now the part you were waiting for, the photos!!!

DVNE

Put Some Respect On My Name
7/11/12
Nice review!! Rep points sir!

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13
Mr Pap hows ur opinion about the crystal, is it double ar or .....?
how can it be so damn clear :)

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Mr Pap hows ur opinion about the crystal, is it double ar or .....?
how can it be so damn clear :)

Single AR can't be so clear... This is double ARed and a pretty good one too!

DJT1

Supporter
15/6/13
Another great review, I have the Gauss 15000 version which I've just sent to get Bracelet mid link polished to get a more Gen look.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

psychom3

Renowned Member
3/3/09
Great review as always. Love all the pictures and was really interested in your take on the Miyota movement.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
So how much does this watch cost from the TD?

Also has anyone any experience with these people?
http://www.replicauhrenomega.com/en...-231134910-Watches-For-Sale-Online-p1731.html

Its over 300$. Also stay with the Trusted Dealers on the forum, there is a reason why they are called trusted...

Great review as always. Love all the pictures and was really interested in your take on the Miyota movement.

Thank you buddy, much appreciated!

deafnotdaft

16/4/14
Its over 300$. Also stay with the Trusted Dealers on the forum, there is a reason why they are called trusted..

Ohhh my, well I may have to save a little bit more before I get this one chortle chortle.

I definitely think this is going to be my next rep though, its beautiful. Also, by the time I have saved up, the green tip colour issue on the seconds hand will hopefully be sorted as will some of the other things Pap has pointed out.

Great review by the way.

elloello

13/3/14
U.K.
Mr Pap another indeepth review I like your no BS style as well, good to see the TDs helping you on your monthly review quest ;)

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Thanks for sharing this nice review and pics Mr.Pap.
Following my recent PAM addiction I almost missed this amazing release, thanks for sharing!

aflop

22/5/13
Awesome review and extremely helpful! I wish they would fix the hand flaw though! That's pretty glaring!