• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP CrPO Pumpkin pics + mini review

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
OMEGA CrPO 45 Pumpkin from BP factory

Model: Omega Ceramic Planet Ocean
Movement: Swiss ETA 2824-2
Maker: BP factory
Dealer: Hont

Gen:

Rep:

The BP CrPO has been released a while ago and, being one of the most popular watches in the market, it has been extensively discussed. Anyway I remember collecting infos on this rep from various threads, so my effort here is to include what I learned from other more knowledgeable members in a single review.
Hopefully some of the new members, or those who don't care to read all those threads, will find this useful.

The dial:
Dial is spot on, correct color, markers and fonts. Print on dial is very accurate and sharp.

The bezel insert is made of aluminium, color is very close, and there will be no fading issues with this. These have been noticed by many members (almost all) that owned the black ceramic bezel.

Edit: some gens appear to have the same issue with fading bezels.

Print is very good and construction too, it turns with crisp clicks.
The pearl is bit low compared to gen, and is also somewhat "recessed", an issue that is noticeable only at very close distance.

Sapphire crystal has double AR with a noticeable purple shade. Crystal itself is curved as per gen, a very nice effect.

Double colored lume is superb, I can only imagine how gen lume may look.

Although I cannot tell from a website pic of the gen if dial color matches gen color, from my point point of view it is the best part of the rep along with the orange bezel. The contrast created by the light on the matte dial and the metallic indices and hands catches the eye in a unique way, so that you find yourself constantly looking at your wrist ;)

The case:

Case construction is very well made and gen-like as far as I can tell. It's a heavy watch that gives a feeling of "strength" on the wrist.
The crown shape is per gen, logo is crisp. He valve too seems placed correctly and is nicely finished.

The case bears the biggest issue with this watch though: crown stripping happened to many members and, although there are ways to fix it, it's definitely a PITA when it happens.

Edit: crown stripping seems to be an issue only present in UPO v5, and not on this one.
This is something I was not aware of, I still suggest a bit of care when operating the crown.
Thanks to TheOmegaFan for this info!

The case back:

The gen ceramic PO comes with an open case back showing the beautiful inhouse Omega caliber 8500 with co-axial escapement, a piece of haute horlogerie to drool on :drool:
The rep can't obviously sport the same movement and is powered by a Swiss ETA 2824-2 with decorations that should make it appear gen like.
Besides being an obvious flaw, we have two issues here: first, the Swiss movements installed by BP factory are known to be crap, and my specimen can only confirm this. In the macro close ups you can see how dirty and scratched the movement appears. Anyway, I must say it keeps fairly good time (-10/15 seconds per day) and it's still pretty nice to see, especially for untrained eyes like mine :)

Edit: According to TheOmegaFan, Asian clone movement is also available now, but crown doesn't screw tight with this movement.

Second flaw is the mispelling in the inner case decoration, where you can read "ADJUSTE DTO FIYE"
:facepalm:
Shamefully I forgot to shoot a pic of it. :facepalm: for me too..

The prints on the case are crisp, latest batches don't have the "liquid metal" engraving shown in the first specimens, which was wrong for this model.

The bracelet:

Bracelet is very well made, heavy and solid. Links are fixed with screws as per gen, and not cheaper pins like some others. Clasp has a functional diver extension and closes firmly. Engravings on the clasp are very deep.
SEL fitment is tight.

Conclusions:

At this point we have a new version released by noob maker which seems generally improved. Apart from some qc issues in the first batches regarding crooked markers that now seem resolved, this seems the best choice. Anyway, given its price tag about a hundred dollars less than noob, this watch is still a good competitor, but only if you want the pumpkin, because the faded bezel of the black version is a dead giveaway IMO .
The ETA movement, though crap as it is, may easily be serviced and fixed if needed.
All in all, if you can find a specimen with an acceptable pearl you will get a stunning watch, which is as close to gen as a rep can be IMHO, a true super rep.

Some more shots for eye candy:

Once again, and in this particular review more than usual, feel free to point out any inaccuracies or wrong info on this thread, I will happily update it accordingly.

:cheers:

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
Fantastic pictures!
Great and detailed review too. Thanks buddy!

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Thank you mate :)

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
Great pics! Thank you! But stripping crown is an issue of V5, not CrPO.
BTW Gen bezel seems to fade too. And there's also a version of this one with Asian ETA. But the crown on ETA one screws deeper, as gen, when the Asian ETA one screws not so deep.

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
BTW Gen bezel seems to fade too. And there's also a version of this one with Asian ETA. But the crown on ETA one screws deeper, as gen, when the Asian ETA one screws not so deep.

Really? No crown stripping? You're giving me awesome news! I've been moving the crown like a surgeon for fear of this :D
Thanks for the useful info, I'm adding them to the first post!
:cheers:

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Very nice review of the BP model!

There are not many around.

Nice shots and details!

Thanks for spending time and sharing your review!

Rep points for you.

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Thank you mate, it's my pleasure to share.
Rep points much appreciated :D

TheOmegaFan

Renowned Member
15/5/13
Can't actually see the difference between Noob and BP one. Only pearl. Thank again for review, read it many times already.

Sent from my iPad Mini Retina using Tapatalk

Aperik

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/3/13
Great review . Pumpkin bp is ok, but not other

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
A wonderful review mate - I am now in the market for the top-notch version (have a v. low end (fake) chrono seamaster pro) of the PO - thought I saw one with an orange rubber strap somewhere and would really love that to top her off. If anyone kinows where such a beasty might be found I'd love to hear from you

varsitymisc

Known Member
1/1/13
Nice pictures, great review, thanks for sharing! Your watch looks great - had my mind *almost* made up between this and a PAM and I think I'm swinging to Omega.

I did notice that it appears that the "omega" text on the dial is somewhat thicker than the gen. Or is it just the angle perhaps?

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Nice pictures, great review, thanks for sharing! Your watch looks great - had my mind *almost* made up between this and a PAM and I think I'm swinging to Omega.

I did notice that it appears that the "omega" text on the dial is somewhat thicker than the gen. Or is it just the angle perhaps?

Good eyes!
It took me a minute to see it, but I agree with you. See also where the "t" in seamaster ends, it's not aligned with "omega" as per gen.
It's a very subtle difference though ;)

Jonny2400

26/10/13

Yes but it suffers from crown stripping.. As I now own 2 of these models, the second purchase due to the fact the first one crown stripped within 5 days of ownership

tracy

15/9/12
nice review and made all the better with those fantastic pictures. I gotta get up to speed in that department. Was there a tutorial somewhere that you studied to such good effect?

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy

japie007

Known Member
20/6/14
Great review and damn good pictures mate! Gonna steal some poses and lighting from you for my next photoshoot :p

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Great review and damn good pictures mate! Gonna steal some poses and lighting from you for my next photoshoot :p

Looking forward to see the result! ;)

APFred

17/10/14
A late reply I know, but I have to comment on your photos: they are absolutely amazing!
I've bookmarked your profile and awaits more reviews from you :p

--

APFred

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
A late reply I know, but I have to comment on your photos: they are absolutely amazing!
I've bookmarked your profile and awaits more reviews from you :p

--

APFred

Such replies are always welcome mate, surely something will come along the way ;)