• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Incoming Noob CrPO 42 - First Impressions

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
Just to add to s3g0y's mouth watering recent pics. My Noob CrPO arrived from Ryan today (excellent as always - 7 days from order to arrival). I'm going to spare everyone a boring review and keep to some concise observations.

-I have a Noob PO LM LE and I've owned the BP CrPO. Overall this is superior to the BP version and at least as good build quality as the LM.

Noob top, BP underneath...

-The case and crystal are superb - better AR coating than the BP version - it disappears at most angles, 6-7 crown turns to lock, functional HE valve, perfect SEL.

-The dial is very nice, but suffers with minor QC issues - my 3 and 9 markers are ever-so-slightly off but hardly noticeable. The DW font is beautiful - white silver and raised as gen and mine centres very well ;-) -The bezel rotates nicely with no play and lines up perfectly at 12. The insert is very nicely replicated and the pearl is absolutely amazing - as gen IMO.

-The bracelet is good - on par with the BP and superior to the stock LM. The links and screws look will engineered and the overall feel oozes quality.

-Okay so the display back/ETA clone movement is an obvious tell to those in the know, but it really doesn't bother me. I'm hardly going to be passing this watch around for close scrutiny and the movement is actually quite pleasing to the eye. The decoration is a reasonable disguise and I'd much rather the Noob boys concentrated on the business end which they appear to have done admirably.

-I tried the gen on a couple of weeks ago and from memory this rep is very, very close. If anything the case is slightly too slim (has anyone taken the time to measure it yet?) which is fine with me as the gen sits too tall on the wrist IMO (compared to my gen 2500).

-Only minor gripe so far is a slightly underwhelming lume. Maybe it's just me, but it seems duller than the PO LM LE even allowing for the mix of green and blue lume. It's not bad, but if this is the same as the gen then I'd be a little disappointed £3K down. My gen 2500C is much brighter.

As an added bonus the CrPO is currently running at +2s / day and the date snaps over at 11:59:20. Wow. My Noob PO LM LE is currently away having a new engine fitted - a Sellita SW200-1. I'll be a very happy boy if it can keep up with the Seagul in the CrPO.

So is the Noob CrPO better than the PO LM LE? I'd say they are both superb - the stock bracelet on the CrPO is definitely better than the LM, but the display back is a blatant tell. I've cheated by using a gen bracelet on the LM anyway. Am I mad having both of them in my collection? Probably. Do I care? Nah.

Cheers for reading ;-)

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I think we have clearly a winner between the BP and the Noob CrPO, according to all owners of both models...

Thanks for sharing a nice review and shots pjsayer !

kazin326

Known Member
24/9/09
Nice review and nice watches. It seems the v5PO can pretty much be replaced by this noob crpo which I have been waiting on a consistently reliable model to replace the v5

jd7272

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/5/13
Beautiful watch and thanks for taking the time to post pictures.

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
Nice review and nice watches. It seems the v5PO can pretty much be replaced by this noob crpo which I have been waiting on a consistently reliable model to replace the v5

kazin, can you check your pm box? I left you a few pm's thanks

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
I'm liking this watch more and more. Might just have to pick one up

Jaybo

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/13
Beautiful, beautiful watch. I have been waiting ever since joining the rep scene for an PO worthy of buying. Pre-LM the reps always looked a bit off to me. It might be just me, but everytime I saw one the crown looked longer than Gen. Just didn't quite look right. The LM came out and looked insane. But, report after report of bad QC issues kept me waiting. This could be the one!

Aside from the 3 and 9 being a big woky, I wonder if there are other QC troubles.

mrjohan

Known Member
23/10/11
Looks stunning!

The 6 and 9 is hardly noticeable! It's not a big issue, in my opinion.

Waiting for mine from Lucy. Accepted the watch after seeing som fine QC pictures yesterday. Will give a short review, with a lot of pictures when it arrives.

11992684034_35ec84578e.jpg

shaocaholica

Horology Curious
12/1/14
Please pardon my freshman questions but what does 'Cr' stand for? Ceramic?

Also, who is Ryan? A dealer?

MartyNC

Known Member
22/9/09
Great pics and mini review. As I am debating on which PO to get, this really helps. My new connundrum is: The Cr PO 42mm has a display back. Is there a rep with a solid CB for a less premium price out there from this Ryan fellow? As I dont intend to be looking at the back of the watch all that much, a clear CB is not a "must" for me.

Again, great pictures and awesome critique / reccommendations.

GrimReaper

Known Member
2/5/13
My Noob PO LM LE is currently away having a new engine fitted - a Sellita SW200-1. I'll be a very happy boy if it can keep up with the Seagul in the CrPO.
So the Noob CrPO has SeaGull ST2130?
Please report how the movement behaves after a month or so.
I can tell for my BP DG4813, Asian ETA (probably Hangzhou) and refurbished Swiss ETA, that all have problems, most of them right from when I got them. So BP won't see my money again, but Noob might.

wolfm4n

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/14
Hi pjsayer , beautiful watch , and super photos. It looks awesome on and off the wrist.

I am in a turmoil at the moment about whether to buy the Noob LMPO or the Noob CRPO ..... both of which you have :)

I dont suppose that you could post a side by side pic of the two as a comparison for me ..... I was decided on the LMPO a day or two ago .... but further reading research ..... sometimes i think you can read tooooo much ......

And now i am thinking LMPO might be a bit shiny and bling ... Im not really a shiny person ......

What is youre opinion / preference of the two ?

I really dont want to buy both as my first rep !!!

best regards

Ian

watch.aholic

Renowned Member
23/3/11
Hi pjsayer , beautiful watch , and super photos. It looks awesome on and off the wrist.

I am in a turmoil at the moment about whether to buy the Noob LMPO or the Noob CRPO ..... both of which you have :)

I dont suppose that you could post a side by side pic of the two as a comparison for me ..... I was decided on the LMPO a day or two ago .... but further reading research ..... sometimes i think you can read tooooo much ......

And now i am thinking LMPO might be a bit shiny and bling ... Im not really a shiny person ......

What is youre opinion / preference of the two ?

I really dont want to buy both as my first rep !!!

best regards

Ian

I understand your dilemma there because I am going through the same myself......

The LMPO looks just as good but and is a good $100 cheaper too from the CrPO...However they say resizing of the LMPO bracelet is a nightmare...So much so that I've heard some people even broke their bracelets while doing so...Plus I read that the bracelet feel and quality doesn't perhaps inspire the same confidence as that of the CrPO.....

I think if one intends to wear it with the rep bracelet than maybe CrPO would be a better choice. If one intends to replace it with a strap (one from Josh looks awesome) then maybe LMPO would suffice...

I think they are virtually indistinguishable from the front - the LMPO and the CrPO with black bezel and silver numerals.....I can't tell one from the other....though I am sure would be a few tells if one knows what to look.....

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
Hi Ian

I have since sold my Noob PO LM LE and decided to keep the CrPO 42 instead. This is the rationale behind my decision:

-Bracelet - the stock CrPO bracelet is way better than the LM LE one and I would've had to use my gen bracelet with the latter which doesn't make economic sense. Some of the LM LE bracelet links do indeed collapse if you're not careful with them, but it can be done if you're careful (and patient!). It just doesn't feel as solid construction and gen-like as the CrPO's.

-Bling - the LM LE has a shinier bezel insert and glossier dial than the CrPO. Personally I prefer the matt finish ceramic look (which is why I'm being drawn to buying a gen Pelagos!). Having said that, both Noob bezel inserts and their pearls are superb. My glossy diver slot is filled by my BP Sub C.

-Canon pinion height - the LM LE hands are all set too close to the dial which is quite a big tell; the CrPO canon pinion height is closer to gen IMO.

-Date window - the gen LM LE date window is very crisply cut and not pressed like the rep. This is a subtle tell, but the CrPO date window is better in this regard.

So basically I consider the Noob CrPO a slightly better rep than the LM LE and its hard for even an Omega addict like me to justify keeping both in the box. Obviously the display back of the former is a big tell, but then how often do you take the watch off to flash to someone. Personally I place a higher priority on the 'business end' of the watch!

I've owned a gen PO 2500 and the CrPO has a very comparable weight and feel. Having said that you really can't go wrong with either watch. Keep us posted as to which one you get ;-)