• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

(TT's) CrPO watch unpacking and review

ck6459

11/9/10
Finally, my watch arrived today: super excited about getting my hands on it

Impatiently tear off the box to reveal it:
DSC_0125.jpg

Bubble wrapped the mummy's style: very well protected package
DSC_0126.jpg

TaDa, here it is with all the plastic around and on it:
DSC_0127.jpg

Further unwrapping: 1st impression it is very substantial, but it is heavier than the gen i tried at DFS
DSC_0129.jpg

The pearl is very well centered for a rep, the dial is clean and flawless although the "Omega" is slightly bolder than gen, can't really tell with naked eyes
The He-valve is at correct position and the crowns are easy to turn and winding and adjustment of time are done within seconds.
The AR on the crystal is really good, no more annoying purple reflection under the sun.
DSC_0138.jpg

The date font is a bit slimmer than it should be but it is an easy fix with an ETA date-disc.
The pearl can certainly use a mod, it looks like a metal rim overflowed with lume and epoxy
The ceramic bezel itself is really stunning and really close to the gen, it is also easy to turn with a soft clicking sound, unlike the loud ticks the V5 produced
DSC_0133.jpg

Thickness compare to my franken V5 PO:
The case is indeed thicker, mostly due to the display case back which is significantly thicker than the older version, still quite comfortable to wear it.

The bracelet is the best I've seen in my POs, it is smooth, clean and quiet.
The clasp is easy to use and closed tightly with a simple "click", both the clasp and diver extension are smooth and easy to operate.
The links are also really close together unlike the previous version
DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

Lume shot: both 4sec under my LED torch.
Compare to a Gen PO dial, I was expecting the CrPO's lume to be bluer than this
The lume is indeed darker, probably due to the difference in colour.
It also takes longer than the Gen to achieve the same brightness.
DSC_0145.jpg

Now back to the bracelet:
Remember the time when you have to take hours sizing a damn bracelet, well those times are no more!
The screw bracelet is a brilliant design, it is by far the easiest bracelet to size, 5mins to unpack, 2mins to size, 30mins for the picture :D
This is all you need for sizing: no broken pins, paper clips or complicated sizing tools required
6adff7d8-1876-4d1e-875f-bd59f72609be.jpg

I assure you won't even have to break a sweat sizing this one

Now the case back: the crystal is clear and the movement and rotor looks fairly clean, but as we know the ETA movement is an obvious give away so don't show it to another watch lunatic and claim it is authentic :facepalm:
DSC_0149.jpg

Rating:
Dial: 8/10, the lume is decent but still not as bright and efficient as the gen, the hands are exactly like gen, but the fat Omega and date font give them away
Bezel: 9/10, mostly perfect both aesthetically and functionally except for the pearl
Bracelet and clasp: 10/10, it is perfect (period)

Finally, it is on my wrist: once sized, it instantly becomes my new daily beater
DSC_0146.jpg

:cheers:Thank you for reading this :notworthy:

ck6459

11/9/10
The price of the watch is $328 as compare to $288 (V5 PO). It is a really well-made and beautiful watch and it really worth the extra bucks. I won't regret buying this one.

DMS

Renowned Member
31/12/09
Nice review there mate! And a very nice example op the PO. Wear it well!

You might wanna delete the first picture though, maybe it gives customs some ideas....

shandroid

Put Some Respect On My Name
13/9/10
Nice one! If it were not for my downsizing, I'd have been in line for one of these...

Which reminds me, my V5 bracelet gave way after about 4 hours total on my wrist... It's been in my watch case since. I'll have to see if Toro can get me a replacement.

Great review! Thank you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Cheers for the review and update CK, btw, how does the crown feel on it? How many half turns to screw it down?

daltonnic

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/2/13
how is the crown?and the swiss eta is original?

ck6459

11/9/10
Cheers for the review and update CK, btw, how does the crown feel on it? How many half turns to screw it down?
The crown is quite easy to screw it on and off, 5-6 turns to screw in completely and no screeching sound when screwing it.

ck6459

11/9/10
how is the crown?and the swiss eta is original?
So called "swiss ETA", there is no way to tell if it is original or refurbish movement and I'm not planning to take the movement apart due to my lack of skills. Perhaps one of the mods can verify if the movement is real.
To me, only time will tell. If anything goes wrong with the movement, I'll just buy a new ETA from ebay and swap it over :p

mvyzfr1

25/11/12
Please delete the photo with the shipping label!

Congrats on the new watch.

johnzalez

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/2/07
Excellent unpacking review. It seems like mine is taking forever to get here! :)

canuck2k

Known Member
10/7/12
I agree the bracelet is better than the v5 PO but I find the clasp not quite up to the same level as the rest of the bracelet. However the bracelet links are tighter together and smoother and more comfortable than the v5 PO I had.

I was worried this would be way too tall for me but my first impression is that it wears a bit more comfortable than the v5 due to the see thru caseback and it will sit flat on the wrist.

I should be getting a few months old gen 2500D PO in the next couple days so it will be interesting to find out how it compares to a gen. I might still keep both but for me, when I can afford it there is no substitute for the real thing.

pjsayer

I'm Pretty Popular
18/5/11
Great picture review - thanks mate. Definitely going to make this my next purchase after CNY. Obviously it has its flaws, but to my mind it is a far better rep out-of-the-box than the v5 42 PO. I'd love a gen of this, but they're starting to get a bit too pricey for my liking...

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
thanks for taking time to review and take pics mate! just a quick check, i would assume yours is the 45.5mm version?

ck6459

11/9/10
it is the 42mm, the first few pic was taken before removing the plastic film that is why the reflection was so bad.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Your title has "TT's" in the title. Is that the factory that made it?

If it's a dealer, we should change the title to read xxx (from TT).
Because all of the dealers will offer this same watch I believe. ;)