• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Affordable Speedmaster Alternative from Omega x Swatch (pics inside) "MoonSwatch"

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
Front of the case looks acceptable?
But the dial, case back and strap..... To be polite : needs improvement!

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Not even that, mate. There angles aren't sharp at all as in the genuine plastic (I mean, bioceramic) one. It's like one of those overpolished old watches that you can see on bad resellers' shops. Just be patient, I'm pretty sure I'll get one of there for Christmas :)

elmonch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/19
Who did that dial? 5 year old one armed?

I mean... looks like a bad joke.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
Yeah. It's shockingly bad. The cynic in me thinks that this paves the way for a V2!

If that is supposed to be the Mercury model, why isn't the centre of the dial grey?
jcO4uR.png

Last edited:

maximfrei

Supporter
Certified
19/5/16
Had Gen Mars for 2 days and sold it x5 price.

The rep on the photos looks like crap :)

seafoam

20/9/09
The rep is terrible!!! That factory should be ashamed of themselves given the quality standard for today’s replica.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
Intime have what looks like the best version of rep I've seen so far. Not saying that it's perfect but it's better... There are still a number of flaws.

It's the pink Neptune version. I might just buy it for the Mrs.

Last edited:

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
The rep on the photos looks like crap :)

I think the glass that they use is flat bottomed rather than double bubble, so it's exaggerating the length of the minute track. On the intime rep, the crystal looks much better, and you don't see the exaggeration.

Just my feeling anyway.

You'll see that SWISS MADE isn't stretched out like in the Mercury rep on the previous page, due to the crystal. This particular rep below has a very misaligned Tachy scale. My Mrs wouldn't notice something like that but it would bug the hell out of me. I don't think I'd be able to be in the same room as her because of it! Grounds for divorce perhaps? :)

zZlTRi.jpg

zZlPBX.jpg

Last edited:

buffalo56

20/8/13
I was just thinking....has anyone thought of transplanting the dial and movement of the moonswatch into a rep omega case? LOL

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
I found myself in London today. So thought id pop to the Swatch store on Oxford Street.

It was about lunchtime, 8-10 guys all together acting more like a gang waiting outside and one guy from the same group waiting inside.

It was actually quite intimidating and zero chance of getting a watch until stock levels normalise.

On the positive o e of the guys did say which one do I need, so clearly also selling them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I found myself in London today. So thought id pop to the Swatch store on Oxford Street.

It was about lunchtime, 8-10 guys all together acting more like a gang waiting outside and one guy from the same group waiting inside.

It was actually quite intimidating and zero chance of getting a watch until stock levels normalise.

On the positive o e of the guys did say which one do I need, so clearly also selling them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate, I'm struggling to see the "positive side" of a bunch of mobsters running a racket on a Swatch shop, LMAO.

Reactions: stufuse and THXuk

Blueadrian

Renowned Member
24/7/19
UK
a rep Swatch - got to be kidding. Whats next? Replica bananas as supply gets tight. Global economy slow down, replica potato, rep 'Bic biro'. Rep Nylon socks. Let's build demand for something crap ..... New shop to sell it all - MugsRus

Reactions: pablito123

elmonch

7/1/19
a rep Swatch - got to be kidding. Whats next? Replica bananas as supply gets tight. Global economy slow down, replica potato, rep 'Bic biro'. Rep Nylon socks. Let's build demand for something crap ..... New shop to sell it all - MugsRus

Correct me if I'm wrong but normally REPs do exist because of the low offer, not the quality itself, of the GEN

Reactions: icemonster

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA

They do have replica rice from China. So thats what I call progress. Its just they make it out of plastic and mix it with real rice.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
Well here's a rep that I got today.
As a rep, its not too bad. The S in the crystal is there. No glaring errors except the movement difference.

z2x6TX.jpg

z2x8bi.jpg

I can imagine that the gen swatch isn't that different in the way it feels on the wrist so I would say this :

From wearing steel or ceramic watches with mechanical movements, this swatch rep feels like a toy. Even a cheap casio or VK quartz rep feels more substantial than this.

​​​​It looks like a Speedy yes, but that's where the similarity ends. Will I buy a gen Swatch? I really doubt it... Unless it was much cheaper than retail.

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
Just buy the Ali usd30 version and enjoy, both gen and rep for sure feel like toys. I am very happy that I bought one but after a couple of days, changed back to a real rep watch that feels solid. I would give the plastic toy to a child.