• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Ploprof Deployant Clasp Mod

Chiko Corleone

Known Member
4/6/15
I was lucky enough to get a hold on Omega PloProf V2 with Swiss ETA movement from one of the old member here. I managed to find an aftermarket mesh that can fit the deployant clasp as well. However, I am facing the issue that the deployant will slide easily and I tried to find the mod/solution here on rwi.

I came some threads such as:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ga-v2-ploprof-review-and-comparison-to-the-v1

Sadly, the threads were so old and I could not see any pictures (link broken or something). Does anyone here still keep or have a pictorial tutorial on how to mod the clasp?

Appreciate it & many thanks!

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
what do you mean will slide easily ? adjust too easily ?

Chiko Corleone

Known Member
4/6/15
what do you mean will slide easily ? adjust too easily ?

Hi Sir!

So the mechanism works like this, press this push button to slide and get the micro adjustment of the clasp:

But when I am wearing the watch with the clasp closed, with slight push from the movement of my hand, the micro adjustment will shift hence making my bracelet expand in size, TLDR, the clasp will shift by itself with the slightest push from hand movement.

Hope it clarifies! Waiting for experts to chime in :)

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Hi Sir!

So the mechanism works like this, press this push button to slide and get the micro adjustment of the clasp:

But when I am wearing the watch with the clasp closed, with slight push from the movement of my hand, the micro adjustment will shift hence making my bracelet expand in size, TLDR, the clasp will shift by itself with the slightest push from hand movement.

Hope it clarifies! Waiting for experts to chime in :)

Yeas its been a while , i think they were fitting ball point ink pen springs in there at the time

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Mine is tight as hell

Last edited by a moderator:

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Ah damn, lucky you sir!

It's pretty annoying to keep adjusting the clasp. Do you happen to know how to fit a ball point ink pen spring? seems doable, I'd like to try :)

i dont , sorry there was a post about it , told you how long to cut the springs and how to assemble it , but that was like 10 years ago , and sadly most of thos ppl have loncg since gone

i found a similar post on rwg using lighter springs , hope it helps !

https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/15777-ploprof-clasp-mod/

Chiko Corleone

Known Member
4/6/15
i dont , sorry there was a post about it , told you how long to cut the springs and how to assemble it , but that was like 10 years ago , and sadly most of thos ppl have loncg since gone

i found a similar post on rwg using lighter springs , hope it helps !

https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/topic/15777-ploprof-clasp-mod/

That’s a great tutorial, thank you very much sir. Really appreciate it! I’m going to try it soon

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
That’s a great tutorial, thank you very much sir. Really appreciate it! I’m going to try it soon

Cheers!

Keep us posted !

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Will do, sir!

n29ZXG4.jpg

Reactions: Chiko Corleone

Chiko Corleone

Known Member
4/6/15
Following Raddave advice, I have decided to try this simple mod to tighten the deployant clasp preventing it from sliding easily. Since I could not find any working pictorial step by step on how to mod, I recreated the tutorial here (with reference to RWG thread) on RWI to help people out there with similar issue (if any). Here are the steps:

First step: Remove the micro adjustment extension form the clasp by pushing/wiggling all the way out.

Second step: Unscrew the screw at the side of micro adjustment extension as shown

Third step: Remove the "push" button from the micro adjustment extension

The stock screws are about 4mm in length and the tension is pretty damn weak imho. The metal spring is pretty thin as well, you guys be the judge!

Fourth step: Find a used lighter and pry open the metal cover, dismantle it and you will find a metal spring in it

Fifth step: Cut the metal spring to the desirable length*

*Depending on the thickness of metal spring and the tension, I cut mine to about 5mm. After installing it, it is way stronger than stock spring but I feel that 6-7mm will be better.

Sixth step: place the springs back onto the micro adjustment extension as shown

Last step: Screw back the screw as per step 2 & place back the micro adjustment extension to the deployant clasp

That's all folks! Hope it helps!

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
And it worked out fine ?