• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Looking for a Watch Designer & Factory to create a microbrand

santo3

Horology Curious
20/5/18
Hello, lovely people.

For many years now I wanted to launch my own small brand of watches and now I'm actively looking for someone to work with on the first line.

So I'm looking for a professional watch designer and also a factory who would be interested in manufacturing them.

Thank you!

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
I have no answers for you. Only questions.

Why do you want to start a microbrand watch company?
What competitive aspect to you bring to the table?
Do you have a efficiencies on marketing, distribution or end sales?

Do you have a source on raw materials or labor? It doesn’t sound like you feel like you do. You are asking for a factory after all. You likely don’t have an edge on design as you are looking for those skills. But, do you have an idea for a design that most anyone already skilled in the space wouldn’t have had already?

Do you have excess capital to fund all of the above?
Do you have the time required to start a business from what seems to be next to no advantage and no way to minimize risk?

Just wondering because I can say yes to two, maybe three of the above and I don’t think it would be wise for me to go down this path even though I think it would be fun. I’d like someone else’s opinion.