• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does something like this exist? Crude drawing showing idea if not.

SadRetardedIdiot

Horology Curious
1/11/18
Was thinking about what would be really cool to see as a function, and I was searching for something that showed your position on the globe but with mechanical analog display. I know most luxury brands stray away from electronics all together. I know some brands have a GPS function for keeping mechanical movements in perfect sync, but I haven't been able to find one that actually shows your coordinates on a map. Closest ones I found were ones that show long/lat based solely on inputs, not GPS, for showing world clock times.

I was thinking it could be accomplished with either 2 hands that intersect to pinpoint a location on the map (like the 2 examples on the left side of the picture, red lines are hands to be removed, green are long hands to be added)

Or, like the example on the right, have two globe hemispheres that rotate with a fixed line indicating longitude, and a single hand for latitude that sweeps between the hemispheres to intersect one of the two lines to pintpoint the long/lat position.

Anyone ever seen something like this? Thanks.

https://picr.me/i/2018/11/02/sEw28.png

Last edited:

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
"Page does not exist"

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
Copy and paste the BB code link from Picrme. Then the pictures will show in the post.

sEw28.png

Reactions: SadRetardedIdiot

SadRetardedIdiot

Horology Curious
1/11/18
Copy and paste the BB code link from Picrme. Then the pictures will show in the post.

Doh, yea I am never sure with forums these days they always have different methods for displaying images, I usually just post the direct link to save the trouble (be lazy) lol.

Thank you sir, I will do this from now on, too bad cant edit my OP anymore (thats weird how you cant edit after a while oh well)