• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What car do you drive?

bigbadbrad

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
efnstefn said:
2005 Porsche CayenneS on OEM 20's (14mpg), and 2006 Lexus GS300AWD on OEM 18's (26mpg). Guess which one is the wifey's car.

I've had my eyes on a Cayman S (not CayENNE) - with some mods I think this could be more fun than 997 [911] base.... :wink:

aaronk_83

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/3/06
acidzerocool said:
With a car like that what are u doing in a replica forum :shock:

hahaha, simple, not my car! it's my dads.. I'm still a lowly student with huge tuition bills each year. Plus I enjoy collecting reps more so than the gens, though I have a good mix of both in my collection :)

psymetry

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/6/06
OK, so i spent £24,000 on my Evo Lancer and it nearly cleared me out...and I still feel like a bum compared to most of these rides.

Bentley GT, Porche, Merc G500 etc..... I gotta get another job!

If you guys are earning this much, why the rep watches? I can understand if you earn enough for one or the other, but what would everyone choose?

Rep watch and top ride....or, cheap ride and gen watch. (those that can afford both shouldn't be in this community) :shock:

ljay

23/4/06
psymetry said:
OK, so i spent £24,000 on my Evo Lancer and it nearly cleared me out...and I still feel like a bum compared to most of these rides.

If you guys are earning this much, why the rep watches? I can understand if you earn enough for one or the other, but what would everyone choose?

Rep watch and top ride....or, cheap ride and gen watch. (those that can afford both shouldn't be in this community) :shock:
I can only speak to my situation....my wife happens to be a realtor in a vey exclusive county(Essex) here in the states...that was recently listed by Forbes mag. as the most expensive county to reside....in the entire U.S.A. and when acquiring new listings....a prospective home seller will much more likely to list their 1,000,000 dollar home with an agent driving a G500 than an agent driving a hyundai (no offense to hynundai drivers). We also received a 40% tax rightoff due to Uncle Sams crazy tax laws (not too bad for a 90,000 dollar truck).

I think that we all love watches... be it gen or rep but, when it comes down to it....very few will recognize you're watch but, almost everyone will recognize the car that you drive :)

Ljay

psymetry

20/6/06
I totally agree.... more people will turn their heads at a nice car than a nice wristwatch (although where I work watches are more visible than cars). I'm gonna start a new thread about this scenario as I don't want to diverse from the original post.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
psymetry said:

first, i like your car. i have never wanted a japanese car, ever! now that they make something fast and rwd and or awd they have my attention. i want a evo and a sti. now about the watches and the money. i stated in my post with my car the wheels and tires cost as much as a gen tt sub. they were $7000.00. can i afford a gen? absolutly. i have that car, a truck i drive to work, a 4000 sq ft house on a 5 acre estate and part ownership of a private airport ajoining the grounds. the trouble is i want all of these things and not 1 sub. i want all of these things and 25 different watches that cost anywhere from $4250.00 to $30,000.00 for gen and a new set of 20's for my wifes car. lol, now do you understand? lol!

psymetry

20/6/06
Totally :D

I'm in the same boat. No point having a box full of gens but living in a box with nothing else.
There are more important things than watches. I asked the question to get some responses and it's worked.

A watch collection tops off the house, cars and good living. Unless you are blessed, I doubt if anyone has all this and a box of gens.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
psymetry said:
Totally :D

I'm in the same boat. No point having a box full of gens but living in a box with nothing else.
There are more important things than watches. I asked the question to get some responses and it's worked.

A watch collection tops off the house, cars and good living. Unless you are blessed, I doubt if anyone has all this and a box of gens.
exactly, lol, i want it all and i want it now. lmfao!

bigbadbrad

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
psymetry said:

I think that we all love watches... be it gen or rep but, when it comes down to it....very few will recognize you're watch but, almost everyone will recognize the car that you drive :)

Ljay

Well (1) an Evo is a GREAT ride in UK, ideal for B, C roads :twisted: (2) It's really hard to rep a Porsche, Bimmer or Merc ... but more seriously, my car can - and has - saved my life (great brakes, crazy lane-changes / changers in TX) - that's not true of watches ... unless you use for deeper dives (which I used to do).

So, that's where my money goes - and house - and market (not so good right now!)

--- BBB

VFORCE

Known Member
3/4/06
hk45ca said:
VFORCE said:
hk45ca said:
ok, here you go. i'm rollin this 98 mark viii lincoln, white with gold pearl, 37,000 mi, jbl sound system, air bags, bassani 2/14 t 409 stainless dual exhust with x pipe and magnaflow mufflers, k and n air induction system 4.6 twin dual over head cam. 1 off set of 20's and 5 1/2 caret cz's set in the end of the lug nuts. the wheels and tires on this car cost as much as a new gen tt sub so i have no trouble with people beleiving that my watches are real. they don't even ask. lol, thats how we do it in the 918. big pimpin.

Nice car hk45ca.... :wink:
thanks man, i'm shure you know how fun it is when you have people asking you questions about your car at a red light and things like that. the car is a blast to drive and always has a good reaction from the public. the funny thing is most people don't even know what the car is and are very surprized when i tell them it's a lincoln. do you get that with your caddy? i'm shure you do. lol

hk45ca yes it's fun to surprized people when I tell them That my CTS-V has a Z06 corvette engine 6sp.... :eek:

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
i imagine it is even more fun to show them! have you changed the lower control arms on the rear yet? or are you haveing any wheel hop problems?

hemicuda

Horology Curious
7/12/06
4ct194n.jpg
profilfb3.jpg

pwrslider

Renowned Member
4/3/07
ok.......what the hell.........I'll bite!

1972 Mercedes Benz 350SL ( and if you know your history of MB....this US model was a german mistake...its got a 450 engine in it.....)

scottie333

17/10/06
I drive a Diamond Black metallic BMW 320i Coupe (Straight 6 (M150 engine) with upgraded Hella (original) Angel Eyes).