• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any rep friendly watch smith in Dubai

DR3M3L

TECHMIN
Advisor
27/10/14
Hi guys, is anyone here from Dubai?

Thanks

zerotera

Known Member
29/1/15
I am sorry to ask and being ignorant.
But isnt dubai people too RICH to deal with reps? (ofcourse not all are I am sure)
I saw THIS

dlcountpau

Known Member
29/1/15
Looool!! Where did you get this pic? Cars are outdated :) you should see the latest pics. Haha basically yes, almost all locals are rich, the ones in the lower class are mostly expat laborers. Anyway, i'll show you how ridiculous reps look like here and You'll understand how thrilled i was when i discovered these forums :) i just don't understand why dealers here don't have high quality reps like our TDs here. Maybe they are waiting for someone like me hahah

28114315c3b4d8485a2a446498dc56c6.jpg

2671bc0fb58afa471aecf403c8253b13.jpg

8ec2ac65cc5545ea35d7e4b2dd0c0f12.jpg

0aff8570f90ab8ac12b79fd27d1261b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

A couple of guys I know have Dubai reps. The quality is crap. Perhaps similar to canal street junk. I've seen a few from Egypt too that are as ridiculous

torobravo

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
2/5/10
I am sorry to ask and being ignorant.
But isnt dubai people too RICH to deal with reps? (ofcourse not all are I am sure)

90% of Dubai´s population are immigrants (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Filipino and others) only 10% are local

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
EHEM!

Here I am from Abu Dhabi, yes pretty much all rep dealers here have there own watch repair guys like what we have here in Abu Dhabi (1.5 hours away from Dubai) so just try to talk to them otherwise, its a big risk to send your watch to EU and get repaired, I haven't tried that yet LOL

dlcountpau

Known Member
29/1/15
I've been told there's a watchman in ibn battuta mall just not sure if they are rep friendly

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
I've been told there's a watchman in ibn battuta mall just not sure if they are rep friendly

No don't go to malls bud you'll be snubbed and get frustrated, go to Karama area and find those hidden REP watch stores, I don't know any location but if your here in Abu Dhabi, I can help you out.

dlcountpau

Known Member
29/1/15
No don't go to malls bud you'll be snubbed and get frustrated, go to Karama area and find those hidden REP watch stores, I don't know any location but if your here in Abu Dhabi, I can help you out.

Thanks buddy! Karama souq maybe? Is there someone from Abu Dhabi that does relume?

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
Thanks buddy! Karama souq maybe? Is there someone from Abu Dhabi that does relume?

Relume services? Hell I doubt the local watch repair guys knows how to do it, they might not even know that..i will try to dig that news I found a long time watch repair shop since the oil boom era, I forgot which area was that

dlcountpau

Known Member
29/1/15
Nice read. Thanks! I'll try to find someone from here.

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
Lost that link where there's an old man and his old shop in Dubai where almost all watch repairs were made from there..

Deira
Bur Dubai
Karama

is the place to be!

nabeel

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/5/15
I know its kind of late to reply to this thread but I did find a Rep friendly watch smith in Dubai/Sharjah.

So I bought this Rolex Sub-C and wanted to remove extra links from the chain.

So I took it to a shop called MINUTES in Sahara Center on Dubai/ Sharjah Highway, where I gave him the watch to remove the links.

The Watch smith asked me if this was genuine or Rep. and I honestly told him that it was a Rep. :p

Anyways, he removed 2 links and charged me Dhs. 10 for it.

So out of curiosity I did ask him if they did do watch servicing as well, and they said YES. Just to confirm I asked him if they did servicing for these type of reps and he agreed that they have done it before for both genuine as well as rep watches.

last question to him was how much normally they charged for the servicing and the reply was Dhs. 100-120 :)

I have not tested there servicing but they did seem to know what they were talking about. So when the time does come for servicing, will definitely be taking my watch to them.

Hope it helps fellow Rep enthusiasts in Dubai/Sharjah :)

dlcountpau

Known Member
29/1/15
I know its kind of late to reply to this thread but I did find a Rep friendly watch smith in Dubai/Sharjah.

So I bought this Rolex Sub-C and wanted to remove extra links from the chain.

So I took it to a shop called MINUTES in Sahara Center on Dubai/ Sharjah Highway, where I gave him the watch to remove the links.

The Watch smith asked me if this was genuine or Rep. and I honestly told him that it was a Rep. :p

Anyways, he removed 2 links and charged me Dhs. 10 for it.

So out of curiosity I did ask him if they did do watch servicing as well, and they said YES. Just to confirm I asked him if they did servicing for these type of reps and he agreed that they have done it before for both genuine as well as rep watches.

last question to him was how much normally they charged for the servicing and the reply was Dhs. 100-120 :)

I have not tested there servicing but they did seem to know what they were talking about. So when the time does come for servicing, will definitely be taking my watch to them.

Hope it helps fellow Rep enthusiasts in Dubai/Sharjah :)

Thanks for the info buddy. How bout relume? [emoji28] do you know any?

nabeel

10/5/15
Well you can ask the same MINUTES guys if they do it... Maybe they do, cant say for sure... apart from that i have no info :)

ZTS

28/5/10
Just wanted to add that when I was there as you head down the gold souk in old town, about halfway down on the left there is a street that leads to a large riverside carpark. I got a lot of work done by a guy named "Joe". His shop was small and right next to the big shisha store. Excellent service and well versed in the rep game, he knew the watches and had a personal collection of his own from most of the major factories. He didn't sell them but was happy to work on them.

Shers

15/6/14
Hey stozzer.

Can you give some more details on the location of this person. I need to get the hublot serviced asap.

Thanks

Sher