• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HAND CYCLING

mjv

Renowned Member
16/4/06
anybody out there into this? these are trikes that are propelled by hand , usually for folks in wheelchairs for whatever reason.....entry level bikes i've found start at about 2k..more than i paid for my son's car! but i need to get into it
so if anyone knows or is into this...any info would be great
this link is to the one i'm lookin at
http://bike-on.com/itemdetails.cfm?catalogId=52&id=425

thanks
V

Sylar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/07
MJ, I bike a lot as well and have seen people on these with dissabilities and without and I tell you they are cool. They are as much hard as pedaling but ive seen some guys get some reious speed on these. I did not know they were that expensive though. Dang.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
mjv said:
HAND CYCLING

Is that what they call it now days.. lol..

[smilie=jerk.gif]

rindodevc.gif

sweet

14/4/07
Can't wait to see one of these guys go on the cycling races.

Hambone

Banned
24/11/06
Expensive handjob [smilie=jerk.gif]

mjv

Renowned Member
16/4/06
yeah seriously expensive ,,,but when you consider the autonomy and freedom it offers to someone who otherwise can't get around, price becomes relative i guess....i talked to the guy in the link a couple days ago he's in mass. and they build'em ground up for your specs..height ,weight etc..
found used one for 1200 on craigs list in portland.
anyway, wanted to see if any guys here had any input and yes it's a serious price for a hand-job :D

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
:oops: This is what I get for not reading the post.. what a dumbass..

All I read was the Headline "Hand Cycling" and my mind went into the gutter.
I am quite embarrassed now that I realize what this post was actually about.. :oops:

Sorry.. :?

mjv

Renowned Member
16/4/06
daytona4me said:
:oops: This is what I get for not reading the post.. what a dumbass..

All I read was the Headline "Hand Cycling" and my mind went into the gutter.
I am quite embarrassed now that I realize what this post was actually about.. :oops:

Sorry.. :?

NO NEED D4ME...that's if you're apologizing to me....it's all good
V

Hambone

Banned
24/11/06
I too jumped the gun on the gutter humor, sometimes it can't be helped. The hand bike is a great vehicle for those unfortunates who do not have use of their legs. It looks liike fun and even for the healthy it is a good way to build upper body strength......still an expensive hand job though :lol:

triple-d

Renowned Member
5/3/07
Hambone said:
I too jumped the gun on the gutter humor, sometimes it can't be helped. The hand bike is a great vehicle for those unfortunates who do not have use of their legs. It looks liike fun and even for the healthy it is a good way to build upper body strength......still an expensive hand job though :lol:

Good revovery hambone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It still would be a expensive hand job :shock:

JuliaVinsens

Banned
23/10/20
Good day, I recently bought a Goatcycle. These bikes deliver superior quality while being strong and durable at an unbeatable price. The Goat King encourages everyone to leave home and play this sport! Ideal for people taller than 140 centimeters. The bike is officially signed.