• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello from TH

Jmpz

Horology Curious
14/1/20
Hello all,
I'm new here to the Rep world.
I am looking for a rep sub
I have been reading threads about ZZF, ARF, 3135 and 2836 sub in RWI for a few weeks.
Still can't decide which I should go for yet :( so much info!!

Thank you

Last edited:

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
Rep world is always updating. If you really want just do a franken. Once finish and never need to worry which new version is out again.

Jmpz

Horology Curious
14/1/20
Rep world is always updating. If you really want just do a franken. Once finish and never need to worry which new version is out again.

I would love to do a franken, but I don't know how to mod, can I go to the local watchsmith with new parts and get them to do it?

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
Make sure they know how to work on the rep and gen. Usually sometimes the parts might not match due to tolerance issues. If you are talking about 3135. It is able to accept most gen parts like dial and hands. 2824 you need to weld the dial feet, hands dont fit at all. You need someone experience to advice on franken.

Jmpz

Horology Curious
14/1/20
Make sure they know how to work on the rep and gen. Usually sometimes the parts might not match due to tolerance issues. If you are talking about 3135. It is able to accept most gen parts like dial and hands. 2824 you need to weld the dial feet, hands dont fit at all. You need someone experience to advice on franken.

Thank you very much for your reply,
If I go for a ZZF v2 SA3135, when the movement die, will I be able to replace it with a gen movement without having to swich other part?
Same for a ARF v3 2824?

Last edited:

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
Jmpz any case with the 3135 movement is likely able to accept the gen movement when case dimension is concerned. But for the hands. I think it is down to tolerance again. Franken is more of an art. It is down to the watchmaker ability to make things work. Sa3135 is bad movement as usually the escape wheel will damage first. Use a SH3135 or vr3135 and get it serviced by the watchmaker.

please take note. 2824 is not the same as the 3135. Both movements have different thickness,width, dial feet locations and stem height. 6 digits sub case with 2824 comes with a ring spacer to increase the height of the movement at the dial to be the same as the 3135. As the 3135 is thicker then the 2824. If you are looking at 5 digits sub case, then this is a whole monster itself. As 2824 and 3135 sub case have different stem lug holes and will not be compatible for some.