• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello to RWI from a sort of new member

Doc_Savage

Amor Fati
Certified
18/3/19
Michigan
Hello RWI!

I have been a member for about 9 months, mostly lurking and buying some reps from members. I've been planning on jumping in to the Forum with both feet for a while, so here I am. A little about myself:

Forum experience: kinda new here, but I have been active on watch & guitar forums for about 15 years
Rep experience: I have been buying reps on and off for about 12 years. They are SO much nicer today than they were when I started. I've worn reps as an undercover narc, and they worked well :)
Forum handle inspiration: I am a First Responder/medic, and I got the nickname "Doc" from that. I was also a fan of the Doc Savage stories when I was a kid.

I'm glad to be here and to learn from & get to know this group!

Doc

Doc_Savage

Amor Fati
Certified
18/3/19
Michigan
Welcome to RWI. I'm curious which rep(s) did you wear while undercover.

Thanks!

At first I wore a SS Sub rep, but it didn't get much notice, so I knew I'd need to go a bit more flashy. I switched to a two-tone Datejust with diamond markers, and that did the trick.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Welcome, I’ve been buying reps for about the same time period and agree that they have come a long way.

Early on I remember getting a tag heuer grand Carrera and thinking it was great, I picked up the gen about 5 years later and quickly realised just how bad it was on every level. These days we dissect the small “flaws” like date font, shades of colours etc.

Reactions: Doc_Savage

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Welcome to the Darkside !

Reactions: Doc_Savage