• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Watch newbie.

Eatdirtfartdust

Known Member
17/4/19
STL. MO USA
Hey all. I never wore a watch until I was in my 30s, then my wife got me an Apple Watch that I’ve had for 2 years. I’m used to wearing a watch now and I am a typical paper-pushing “professional” so I’m interested in getting an actual nice, quality watch.

i was looking into a low end Tag Heuer and was even ready to drop $2-3k on one. But then I got to thinking about my wife’s student loans, and how I could put the money toward a nice vacation with the kids and felt guilty.
So I’ve decided to buy a nice replica that I like, instead.
The goal is not to buy a replica of a $40k watch that any of my clients are going to immediately know I couldn’t afford.
So I’m trying to pick out a Tag, Omega, or maybe a Breitling or Rolex in the <$5k range and then find the replica to that.

Anyway I’ve been poking around intime and have found a few I like, but none I love.

Open to any and all suggestions and coaching. You guys seem like a pretty chill bunch.

thanks
EDFD

Eatdirtfartdust Follow me on Instagram

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
My advice is to buy a quality rep under $300. So it doesn’t hurt that much if it has short lifespan. If you are in the US, you can contact WBK, he will get you a quality rep for under $300.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Eatdirtfartdust

Eatdirtfartdust

Known Member
17/4/19
STL. MO USA
The tag is more the style I was looking for when I got here... but those Avengers are really speaking to my shattered hopes and dreams of becoming a jet-fighter pilot.

Eatdirtfartdust

Known Member
17/4/19
STL. MO USA
I think I’m going to get the TAG.
its a little more than half what I was prepared to spend, so maybe I’ll just hide the rest for the next purchase.
the box and papers is $60. Does anyone have an opinion on whether or not I should buy that?

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
You can always make it part of a sale with the watch when you sell it on but dont forget to add the price of the box and papers.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk